ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Taking a break from the NFL obsession (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315802)

007 06-15-2018 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 13594596)

This! I have not watched a full NFL game, besides the Chiefs in probably 3 years. Haven't gone out of my way to watch the Chiefs for a while. This year will be different of the latter.

I rarely ever watch the other games. One game per week and thats the Chiefs.

TinyEvel 06-16-2018 12:14 AM

The NFL version of a "Leaving Chiefs Plant Forever" thread.

Willie Lanier 06-16-2018 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13592371)
Those of you who know me and have visited the gameroom will know what kind of step this is for me so here's my checklist.

1.Recently informed my big money fantasy league that I'm out and I've already found someone to take my spot.

2.Will not be activating the other 6 DTV receivers this season.

3.Will not have Sunday Ticket

4,Will be spending more time outside in the Fall,either here or at the lake instead of being cooped up 12-14 hours on Sundays watching a game I have very little faith in anymore.

This does not mean I am done and have washed my hands of all but the plan is to take a major break which in all honesty I hope becomes a permanent thing.

Thanks for listening/reading.

I hear the CFL and WNBA are gaining serious traction...

Flying High D 06-16-2018 04:35 AM

Join the National Guard, you’ll miss more than your share of any games you ever wanted to watch. You’ll also be doing it for national security. Win Win and getting paid. Triple winner!!!!

Coogs 06-16-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13593981)
Zoners posts over the years caused me to look closer into point spreads and the like. The game is absolutely 100% influenced by outside forces not always on the field. It isn't necessarily rigged, but the results are absolutely steered towards a certain result. No doubt in my mind.

Seems to me this would be good if you were a gambler. If you can figure out what the certain result the game is going to be absolutely steered towards, there is some serious coin that could be made.

Nzoner 06-16-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 13595196)
Seems to me this would be good if you were a gambler. If you can figure out what the certain result the game is going to be absolutely steered towards, there is some serious coin that could be made.

Not that this proves a damn thing but in March of 2015 I bet $20 on the Broncos to win the Super Bowl at 10/1 odds.My only reasoning was that Manning had just announced he was retiring at seasons end and I thought there was no way in hell he was leaving without another ring.Again it proves absolutely nothing but there was some interesting things that happened that year.My only regret was not putting at least a hundy on those odds.

Nzoner 07-16-2018 10:39 AM

Another month closer and no shakes yet :D

SuperBowl4 07-16-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13630494)

But you are thinking about it

Rausch 07-16-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13630494)

You waited until we finally got a QB to do this?

Eh, no worries, it just takes 1 playoff win to load up the wagon...:)