ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dads with young daughters... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269582)

SAUTO 02-01-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9371334)
You know, I've been somewhat of a hippy my entire life and never had hair longer than about 2".

Maybe I'm having a mid-life crisis.

Dude I've always shaved clean since right out of high school.

One day I just didn't. My wife was pregnant and says she wasn't shaving there towards the end, lol, almost ten pounder I can say I blamed her. So I told her I wouldn't either. I still haven't, she has of course lol. She hates it
Its great
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia 02-01-2013 06:59 PM

I took my 9 year old daughter to work with me today. She blew insulation in an attic while I loaded the hopper. That was awesome. Plus, I paid her in "whatever you want at Hardees". She chose that over $10. I'm gonna have to teach her better.

Phobia 02-01-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9371259)
This!

My daughter is 17 now...sometimes when we are just sitting and watching a TV program together or just sitting around talking, she loves to bring up what we did together when she was 8-10. And when I see the sparkle in her eyes talking about all the fun she had back then and how she loves me for how I went to all those "silly little girl things" it makes everything worth it. I once took my daughter to an American Girl store....stood with her as she pretty much looked at everything they sold for almost every doll they make.

Now....we talk about music (we share the same musical interests), baseball (Lord help her she is a Yank-me fan) and peruse Listverse together. And occasionally she will whisper...."Dad, you are such a dork"...and smile

Not to hijack this thread, but for those guys whose daughters are all grown and moved away....do you occasionally get out the old albums and look at the pictures just to smile at the memories?

I was just marveling the other day that mine don't remember the big shit we did. Sure, their memory is jogged by the pictures of Disneyworld and other expensive vacations. They remember little crap like when their sleeping bags got soaked in a downpour while camping or jamming to ridiculous songs like Chumbawumba on the radio.

Molitoth 02-01-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9371446)
I took my 9 year old daughter to work with me today. She blew insulation in an attic while I loaded the hopper. That was awesome. Plus, I paid her in "whatever you want at Hardees". She chose that over $10. I'm gonna have to teach her better.

Wet Cellulose?

htismaqe 02-01-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9371453)
I was just marveling the other day that mine don't remember the big shit we did. Sure, their memory is jogged by the pictures of Disneyworld and other expensive vacations. They remember little crap like when their sleeping bags got soaked in a downpour while camping or jamming to ridiculous songs like Chumbawumba on the radio.

Yep. They remember the most minor, mundane details.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-01-2013 07:27 PM

Take her to the concert and be happy and pretend you like it. She'll never forget it and you'll get a big hug for your efforts.

:thumb:

Phobia 02-01-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9371467)
Wet Cellulose?

Nah - don't do enough insulation business to justify that setup but I wish I did. That's money there. This was just dry attic stuff. Easy. I just spread out the stuff she got too heavy and I did all the corners and edges myself.

Mosbonian 02-01-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9371406)
It was cool. You should let more people read it.

Thanks....I appreciate it. My blog is actually pretty easy to find. Writing runs in the family. I have a brother who runs a Christian website and has written a couple of books. My younger brother is the more cerebral writer...has some deep stuff.

I'm just the casual writer/casual observer that likes to write down-home pieces.

Mosbonian 02-01-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9371453)

Exactly....they talk about the big things when we do, but their best memories are dancing on their daddie's toes to their favorite song, being curled up on a cold winter night watching movies, their favorite night trick or treating when Dad dressed up with them and Father/Daughter dances.

Sometimes we have to take time to look at our child's life thru their eyes to fully comprehend how important we are to them. And rarely do we appreciate it on the level they do

Jiu Jitsu Jon 02-03-2013 03:16 AM

Provoke your daughter to wrath.

This will ensure she becomes a lifelong Raiders fan.

She will also decide which home you end up in some day.

#sonofachiefsfan

displacedinMN 02-03-2013 09:28 AM

I have two girls.

My 9 year old is the same way with TS. Looking at buying tickets, they will be a lot more than a game.

That is the price of being a parent. Go with it.

She will love you more. That is what matters.