ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Cannabis oil has been shrinking tumors in woman's brain (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271669)

BigMeatballDave 04-02-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9549374)
I can't keep aspirin down. Makes me sick in minutes.

Yep, I've known several who cannot take it.

I, however, prefer it over Tylenol.

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9549384)
Yep, I've known several who cannot take it.

I, however, prefer it over Tylenol.

This is better for you....

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/images...msm-joints.jpg

Nzoner 04-02-2013 11:26 AM

This topic discussion always reminds of the scene in The Formula

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NQ03IbEa1Bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9549357)
Until Merck verifies this, I'll refuse to believe it! /Head Trauma

This, right here, shows how ignorant you really are.

I know, you were joking, yadda yadda yadda, but you have absolutely no idea what's going on.

stonedstooge 04-02-2013 11:28 AM

Does anyone else on here use marijuana medicinally?

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549404)
This, right here, shows how ignorant you really are.

I know, you were joking, yadda yadda yadda, but you have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Head Trauma LMAO ok Tin Man.

Bump 04-02-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549258)
Still waiting on the evidence for the treatment of cancer. Not it's effects on pain or appetite. Treatment.

If you want to chastise doctors for foregoing a treatment option for this woman, at least have some ground to stand on. Otherwise, GTFO.

ROFL

corrupt system. Enough said.

lcarus 04-02-2013 11:50 AM

I don't even care if it's proven to actually treat the cancer itself. If it gives patients an appetite that was absent before, if it gives them pain relief, hell, if it even just eases their burden a little...I don't see what the problem is with it.

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9549476)
I don't even care if it's proven to actually treat the cancer itself. If it gives patients an appetite that was absent before, if it gives them pain relief, hell, if it even just eases their burden a little...I don't see what the problem is with it.

Agree with appetite and pain relief. However, don't call it a treatment.

Buns 04-02-2013 11:57 AM

I had this one:

This chick is enlarging my pants tumor!

no good?

p.s. love my hemp Vans

Donger 04-02-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9549432)
ROFL

corrupt system. Enough said.

I must be missing something. What in his post shows corruption?

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 12:00 PM

Let's say, hypothetically, 5000 people have astrocytoma and are being treated. Out of that, 1000 haven't responded to treatment, so they seek alternatives to conventional methods. Now, let's say spontaneous remission (it does happen) is 1%, so out of the original 1000, ten were "treated" successfully. They tell their family members "Hey, XYZ from Dr. dumbshit really worked".

And the other 990? Well, they had grave odds anyway, but they would be like the other ten had they come sooner! This is the basis of crock-as-shit alternative methods with no causal evidence.

Johnny Vegas 04-02-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9549509)
Let's say, hypothetically, 5000 people have astrocytoma and are being treated. Out of that, 1000 haven't responded to treatment, so they seek alternatives to conventional methods. Now, let's say spontaneous remission (it does happen) is 1%, so of the 10 people who sought out other treatments, those ten were "treated" successfully. They tell their family members "Hey, XYZ from Dr. dumbshit really worked".

And the other 990? Well, they had grave odds anyway, but they would be like the other ten had they come sooner! This is the basis of crock-as-shit alternative methods with no causal evidence.

I've always believed just because doctors have been doing it one way for half a century doesn't mean its the best and only way. there should be advances in medicine and treatment and not the same old thing over and over that isn't even guaranteed to save your life. doctors aren't stupid, just stubborn.

Imon Yourside 04-02-2013 12:05 PM

Let's say a man fell on his head and then joined CP and claimed to be a doctor in training, most can tell he's clearly delusional yet a few see him as viable poster that adds a minimum to discussion. Dumpster fire Aids tree patient or just another bear that shat in the woods?

Cephalic Trauma 04-02-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 9549516)
I've always believed just because doctors have been doing it one way for half a century doesn't mean its the best and only way. there should be advances in medicine and treatment and not the same old thing over and over that isn't even guaranteed to save your life. doctors aren't stupid, just stubborn.

Wait, we have? We've made no progress in cancer research/treatment over the last half century?

I am certain we are not using the same treatment over and over and expecting different results.

Unless you are talking about using scientific evidence to dictate research funding, which in that case, shame on us for trying to be efficient.