ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poe. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260436)

Direckshun 05-05-2013 09:35 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LFb6aey7N1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 05-05-2013 09:37 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CXMku4m3twI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Setsuna 05-05-2013 03:37 PM

Direckshun makes terrible threads.

Buehler445 05-05-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9657297)
Do we not have a ****ING THREAD STICKIED to tell you EXACTLY THAT.

Can't we all just get along?

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...r-girls-13.jpg

chiefzilla1501 05-05-2013 04:22 PM

Anybody who thinks Powe should play the Nose and Poe should play End has no idea how the game has evolved.

And anybody who can't see the value in having a Nose Tackle like Poe that can play multiple techniques... same deal.

Dontari Poe was an absolutely terrific pick. One of the few that looks to be solid in the Pioli era.

Saccopoo 05-05-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9658709)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LFb6aey7N1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep...saw a lot of that last season. Undisiplined and he got directed a lot by the center and guards. Gave up a lot of rushing first downs (just like in this video) because he didn't hold his lane.

RealSNR 05-05-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9660084)
Anybody who thinks Powe should play the Nose and Poe should play End has no idea how the game has evolved.

And anybody who can't see the value in having a Nose Tackle like Poe that can play multiple techniques... same deal.

Dontari Poe was an absolutely terrific pick. One of the few that looks to be solid in the ***** era.

Woah. Easy there, tiger. I'm warming up to Poe as well, but he's far from a terrific pick yet. He steadily improved throughout last season, considering if he was farting behind Toribio all of preseason. I'm hopeful the aggressive scheme from Bob Newhart will make him even better, but he still has a long way to go. If not, he's no better than a Tyson Jackson kind of player at NT, which is pretty much what we had with Ron Edwards.

milkman 05-05-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9660084)

Dontari Poe was an absolutely terrific pick. One of the few that looks to be solid in the ***** era.

Powe is not the protypical run stuffer that I assume you are implying him to be with "no idea how the game has evolved comment".

His problem, from what I could see, in Romeo's scheme, is that he couldn't control his desire to penetrate, and wasn't able to maintain his gap responsibility within the scheme.

Powe is more athletic than his size would indicate, and is a good fit in an attacking 34 because of that athletic ability, and his ability to penetrate.

chiefzilla1501 05-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9660301)
Woah. Easy there, tiger. I'm warming up to Poe as well, but he's far from a terrific pick yet. He steadily improved throughout last season, considering if he was farting behind Toribio all of preseason. I'm hopeful the aggressive scheme from Bob Newhart will make him even better, but he still has a long way to go. If not, he's no better than a Tyson Jackson kind of player at NT, which is pretty much what we had with Ron Edwards.

He was a terrific pick because we took a chance on a player at a critical position whose upside is to play a rare form of that position. He's not just any nose tackle. He has ability to be Vince Wilfork or Haloti Ngata, and that is a really tough and extremely valuable player in this league.

I am not saying he's a terrific pick because he's an awesome player. I know what he is -- he's much further along than we expected, but still has a long way to go. But this was one of the only picks Pioli made where he drafted based on positional value instead of taking a safe pick.

Rasputin 05-05-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9660468)
Powe is not the protypical run stuffer that I assume you are implying him to be with "no idea how the game has evolved comment".

His problem, from what I could see, in Romeo's scheme, is that he couldn't control his desire to penetrate, and wasn't able to maintain his gap responsibility within the scheme.

Powe is more athletic than his size would indicate, and is a good fit in an attacking 34 because of that athletic ability, and his ability to penetrate.

They need to put Powe in two or three times in a quarter just to blow up the center into the back field. He can blow up an offense if that is the mission he is sent in to do. Not for every down but give him a play or two in a series of downs. I think D lineman are at best when they aren't on the field the entire game and get rotated.

chiefzilla1501 05-05-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9660468)

I am talking about how the game has evolved to the Nose Tackle having to play multiple techniques. You have to do that to beat No Huddle. Which is why people undervalue DeVito's role in this defense. And they overvalue guys like Terence Cody who play pure zero technique versus a guy like Wilfork who can and does play pretty much every single defensive snap.

Powe is limited in his versatility. He is a pure 0-technique, and that's probably his only position. Poe can play the 0-technique, probably the 5-technique, and has the skill set to even one day play 1-tech and 3-tech.

BossChief 05-05-2013 08:54 PM

That's bullshit saying all Powe can play is the zero.

The guy has the ability to disrupt plays from anywhere in the interior.

chiefzilla1501 05-05-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9660711)
That's bullshit saying all Powe can play is the zero.

The guy has the ability to disrupt plays from anywhere in the interior.

His saving grace is that he has potential to play in both a 0-technique and a 1-technique, which gives him the 4-3/3-4 flexibility Rex Ryan wants. He's not the guy who's going to play 3-technique or 5-technique. He is a 2-down NT with, you're right, a little more flexibility than say a Terence Cody. But he's not even remotely close to the Haloti Ngatas or Vince Wilforks of the world who are revolutionizing the position.

Dave Lane 05-06-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9657236)
I really hate our DL.

If you think thats a mess look at out QBs.

Goes and pukes

TimeForWasp 05-06-2013 02:31 AM

What's up with two pony tails? One in the back and one on the top of his head. What is up with that shit?