ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes And Other Starters To Sit Out (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351658)

InChiefsHeaven 01-04-2024 09:01 AM

It sucks that he missed the opener. If not, we are not having this conversation. BUT...he has had a few drops this year, including for a TD and even last week he had one he should have caught.

It kind of is what it is, but I'm torn. I want him to have all the escalades but I also would rather ensure he's there for the post season run. Dude looks tired and in need of a rest, he's 34 and already missed one game due to old man injury.

At the end of it all, it won't make any difference to his status for the HOF. I also think fans worry about it more than he does. Listen to his podcast, he's always down on personal records and accomplishments, he's more focused on Lombardi's, his truest ticket to the HOF.

I say sit him. Or whatever Reid says.

O.city 01-04-2024 09:12 AM

If it were 50 plus yards I'd be more sit him.

But it's 16. Hell that's 2 screen passes.

InChiefsHeaven 01-04-2024 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17318042)

It took him a whole game to get 16 yards last weekend. Now, the defense will be on to him to stop the record. That's possible too you know.

This offense ain't what it used to be and also it'll be Gabbert not Mahomes...it's not a gimme. We should have learned that from this whole damn season.

O.city 01-04-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 17318049)
It took him a whole game to get 16 yards last weekend. Now, the defense will be on to him to stop the record. That's possible too you know.

This offense ain't what it used to be and also it'll be Gabbert not Mahomes...it's not a gimme. We should have learned that from this whole damn season.

The Chargers are tanking. Like literally.....sitting people and not trying.

wazu 01-04-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

He needed 32 yards going into last week. Played the entire game and got...16. And that game was down to the wire. We needed everything we could get from Kelce. And the Bengals are the 30th ranked team against the TE position.

Now add that the one thing the Chargers D will commit themselves to is trying to stop Kelce. I'm sure Derwin James has plenty of cheap shots ready for any attempts that are thrown his way. Not worth it.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17318052)

Also the thing about gabbert is Andy is probably OK with letting gabbert force the ball to kelce. Even if it kills drives. Even if it gets picked off. Something we may not want to do with a starting qb whose confidence can get rattled or whose numbers can look worse. We also wouldnt want to risk those Stat padding drives in a game we are trying hard to win.

We can design a few easy hitters for kelce and just force passes in there no matter what until he gets it

penguinz 01-04-2024 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17318052)

And Kelce has recently had big games even when Chargers were 100% trying to win with all their starters.

blake5676 01-04-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17318053)
He needed 32 yards going into last week. Played the entire game and got...16. And that game was down to the wire. We needed everything we could get from Kelce. And the Bengals are the 30th ranked team against the TE position.

Now add that the one thing the Chargers D will commit themselves to is trying to stop Kelce. I'm sure Derwin James has plenty of cheap shots ready for any attempts that are thrown his way. Not worth it.

Do we really think the Chargers would be out to get Kelce? Maybe I'm naive but if I was guessing they'd probably give him some soft coverage for a few routes just to give him respect and get him out of the game as well. He and James have had some battles over the years but I highly doubt Derwin is looking to cheap shot or hurt him. Seems to me they like each other.

chiefzilla1501 01-04-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17318053)

Dial up Andy's best kelce play, whether that's a TE screen or that trick lateral play versus the raiders. Have WRs set borderline picks. We don't want to force this stuff in a game we are trying to win. But who cares if we force it in a game where nobody cares

Rainbarrel 01-04-2024 09:43 AM

Now with the time off. Swift's jet with Travis on it plunges into the Pacific

wazu 01-04-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 17318072)
Do we really think the Chargers would be out to get Kelce? Maybe I'm naive but if I was guessing they'd probably give him some soft coverage for a few routes just to give him respect and get him out of the game as well. He and James have had some battles over the years but I highly doubt Derwin is looking to cheap shot or hurt him. Seems to me they like each other.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sx-jlwMJQ5w?si=fjXekEXuME2_v7hY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monticore 01-04-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

A few shovel passes/ quick screens and it should get done of the first drive .

alanm 01-04-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17318060)
And Kelce has recently had big games even when Chargers were 100% trying to win with all their starters.

Kelce has had his best games of the year against the Chargers the last few years. He ought of wrack up 16 yrds pretty quick. Then he can kick back and enjoy himself.

DaFace 01-04-2024 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17318077)
Now with the time off. Swift's jet with Travis on it plunges into the Pacific

What the ****? :spock:

penguinz 01-04-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17318106)
What the ****? :spock:

The dumbass should be rompered for failing so bad at trying to make a joke.