ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Drugs and alcohol (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269487)

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9365583)
See, that's the rub for me.

With alcohol, completely altering perception and being "out of control" are inseparable. The amount of alcohol it takes for me to be "in another world" is also the amount of alcohol that has me dancing in public fountains, not remembering a thing I did, and feeling like shit the next morning.

With marijuana, being "out of control" isn't even part of the picture. I can completely step off into the 12th dimension and not have to worry about doing something stupid that I don't remember the next day. Even when I'm talking to Jesus, I'm still in complete control.

Yeah, I feel what you're saying. That's one of the reasons I wish I was a smoker as opposed to a drinker.

The problem for me is that I get paranoid and legitimately think I'm going to die when I smoke. Everything slows down, I can hear/feel my heartbeat (which is usually beating wayyy faster than it should) and get really scared. That and the fact that I get probably the worst cotton mouth imaginable pretty much ruins the high for me.

Dayze 01-30-2013 05:16 PM

I've even had the option to smooke over the years. Maybe have taken a puff or two once in a very very blue moon.

even if i was legal, I'm not even sure I'd smoke all that often, if at all.

hmmm. Interesting - I wonder if it would effect me.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9364124)
not to get completely DC/off-track, but the fact that weed is illegal is reeruned.

and I haven't smoked in probably 20 years.

This is why I'm moving to Colorado ASAP.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 05:52 PM

I got my dog high once and she peed on the couch.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 06:02 PM

I quit smoking pot a while back, and I consume more alcohol than I ever have. That said if only one can be legal, weed is the easy winner. Alcohol does so much more harm than good, and weed doesn't do any real harm at all besides robbing some of it's users of their motivation and ambition.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-30-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9365687)
This is why I'm moving to Colorado ASAP.

Seattle is better, and their law is better too for the common smoker. Money is better up there as well.

houstonwhodat 01-30-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9365715)
Seattle is better, and their law is better too for the common smoker. Money is better up there as well.

OK either or.

I like the mountains though, seems like it is always raining in Seattle.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9365717)
OK either or.

I like the mountains though, seems like it is always raining in Seattle.

There's mountains in Seattle. And a lot less snow...

BWillie 01-31-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9365600)
Yeah, I feel what you're saying. That's one of the reasons I wish I was a smoker as opposed to a drinker.

The problem for me is that I get paranoid and legitimately think I'm going to die when I smoke. Everything slows down, I can hear/feel my heartbeat (which is usually beating wayyy faster than it should) and get really scared. That and the fact that I get probably the worst cotton mouth imaginable pretty much ruins the high for me.

Yeah I get the same thing in addition to just sitting somewhere indefinitely just looking at shit. It just isnt fun for me at all. I don't drink often anymore, probably twice a month and its jus5 a more fun, free feeling. If you just have enough to get you buzzed thats all you really need. I only get hung over if I just go get plowed. Even if I have 7 or 8 I still fe3l perfectly fine the next day.

AussieChiefsFan 01-31-2013 05:52 AM

Neither should be illegal IMO

BigMeatballDave 01-31-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9366815)
Yeah I get the same thing in addition to just sitting somewhere indefinitely just looking at shit. It just isnt fun for me at all. I don't drink often anymore, probably twice a month and its jus5 a more fun, free feeling. If you just have enough to get you buzzed thats all you really need. I only get hung over if I just go get plowed. Even if I have 7 or 8 I still fe3l perfectly fine the next day.

It's not for everyone.

I remember this dude used throw up every time he got high. He tried to get used to it, but could not.

A few years later, he started smoking meth.

Go figure. :)

htismaqe 01-31-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9367000)
It's not for everyone.

I remember this dude used throw up every time he got high. He tried to get used to it, but could not.

A few years later, he started smoking meth.

Go figure. :)

Definitely not for pussies. :p

I had a roommate who would get dizzy all the time.

So I made him listen to "Billy the Mountain" once - he puked all over our neighbor. ROFL

patteeu 01-31-2013 09:22 AM

I'm curious about the motivation behind this poll. It seems like a strange question.

htismaqe 01-31-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9367141)
I'm curious about the motivation behind this poll. It seems like a strange question.

He's a government informant.

Rausch 01-31-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9365607)

even if i was legal, I'm not even sure I'd smoke all that often, if at all.

hmmm. Interesting - I wonder if it would effect me.

This.

Even once legal employers will frown upon either one being in your system...