ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Schefter- "Barkley Late first-round pick" Smith scouts "aren't completely wowed" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267409)

scho63 12-06-2012 07:38 AM

I just want someone who can get the ball down the god damn field for a change! No more 5 yard completion averages and wounded ducks on deep passes....

htismaqe 12-06-2012 07:41 AM

Got roasted earlier in the year when I said that guys like Matt Miller and Matt Williamson were saying Barkley should go in the 20's.

He's just not an elite prospect.

Given the "new" value of drafted QBs (because of the CBA), I think he goes top 15. I think he's very similar in terms of overall talent vs. ceiling ratio as Christian Ponder.

J Diddy 12-06-2012 07:43 AM

The irony in all of this is that the same people who want us to draft a quarterback in the first are the same people who want us to lose out. If we get the 1 overall then we are going to shop it and move down or pick someone else. Pretty much the only way we get a first round quarterback is if we don't pick so high.

htismaqe 12-06-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9184352)
True. Cousins currently contributes nothing on gameday. Unless you include holding a clipboard.

You can get a guy like Cousins anywhere.

Hell, we have a guy JUST LIKE Cousins already on the roster.

htismaqe 12-06-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9184639)
The irony in all of this is that the same people who want us to draft a quarterback in the first are the same people who want us to lose out. If we get the 1 overall then we are going to shop it and move down or pick someone else. Pretty much the only way we get a first round quarterback is if we don't pick so high.

We're going to be picking in the top 3. We have no excuse not to take a QB.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9184643)
We're going to be picking in the top 3. We have no excuse not to take a QB.

Yeah. We're not drafting OL no matter who comes in here. We have a lot of young, high round, draft picks on this roster, and they're banged up. It's QB or bust this year, and I have no doubt Clark is going to demand it. Regardless of who comes in.

the Talking Can 12-06-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 9184600)
Whenever I've seen geno smith talk he's come across like a dick that taunts and has bad vocabulary. Complete opposite of an RGIII.

i'd love to see this, black bob....

Deberg_1990 12-06-2012 08:13 AM

Where does Landry Jones fall? 2nd round? Why? He seems to have ideal size and arm strength.

Flame away......

htismaqe 12-06-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9184675)
Where does Landry Jones fall? 2nd round? Why? He seems to have ideal size and arm strength.

Flame away......

I think Landry Jones is a mid-1st guy. If Sam Bradford can be the #1 overall pick, Jones will go higher than most here expect.

Deberg_1990 12-06-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9184680)
I think Landry Jones is a mid-1st guy. If Sam Bradford can be the #1 overall pick, Jones will go higher than most here expect.

Kind of what i was thinking....maybe late 1st.

Fans put too much into pure wins/losses when evaluating. Thats just not how you evaluate college QBs for the pro game.

BigCatDaddy 12-06-2012 08:38 AM

Smith, Wilson, Barkley are as good if not better prospects then Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder were and look where they were drafted.

htismaqe 12-06-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9184711)
Smith, Wilson, Barkley are as good if not better prospects then Gabbert, Locker, and Ponder were and look where they were drafted.

Yep.

The new CBA changes the value chart considerably.

FWIW, Matt Williamson is on 810 WHB right now.

the Talking Can 12-06-2012 08:40 AM

just be virtue of need you'll have 4 QBs in the first, i think

smith
wilson
barkley
jones

Reerun_KC 12-06-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9184694)
Kind of what i was thinking....maybe late 1st.

Fans put too much into pure wins/losses when evaluating. Thats just not how you evaluate college QBs for the pro game.

OU fans hate him....

They hate the fact that he has proven he cant handle pressure or big games.

He turns the ball over or Cassels with the slighest bit of pressure... Also stated that since he got married. His failth and wife are more important than football..

But what the hell do OU fans know. Most of them hate the guy and are ready to see him leave...

Sorter 12-06-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9184711)

I would take the 1st 3 over the 2nd group every single time.

Gabbert was weak in the pocket, Locker can't throw the ball accurately to save his life, and Ponder was just okay.