ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

chiefscafan 02-15-2017 11:08 AM

Guys it's all posturing by the agent Berrys demands will go down.

milkman 02-15-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12742179)

I think I heard something similar last year.

No, no, not similar.

Almost the exact same thing.

chiefscafan 02-15-2017 11:14 AM

Well Milkman I love Berry but if he tries to screw over the chiefs by asking for 13-14 million I say let him walk!

BossChief 02-15-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12742189)
Well Milkman I love Berry but if he tries to screw over the chiefs by asking for 13-14 million I say let him walk!

Screw over the Chiefs?

Look, the guy knows better than any of us how much your time on this planet is worth.

I'm not mad that he will want more than KC will offer to pay him...his career might be cut short at any moment.

I hope he makes as much as possible and it sucks that he will probably have to leave KC to get it, but there's a ton of risk in signing Berry to a historic type deal.

RunKC 02-15-2017 12:45 PM

Hypothetical here, but if we tagged Berry, I could see Dorsey trading him to Chris Ballard with a 3rd for their 14th overall pick.

That would be a sweet deal for both parties.

Quesadilla Joe 02-15-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12742349)
Hypothetical here, but if we tagged Berry, I could see Dorsey trading him to Chris Ballard with a 3rd for their 14th overall pick.

That would be a sweet deal for both parties.

You would have to package your first in that deal to make that work.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-15-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12742364)
You would have to package your first in that deal to make that work.

Berry is a 1st you retart !

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-15-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12742211)
Screw over the Chiefs?

Look, the guy knows better than any of us how much your time on this planet is worth.

I'm not mad that he will want more than KC will offer to pay him...his career might be cut short at any moment.

I hope he makes as much as possible and it sucks that he will probably have to leave KC to get it, but there's a ton of risk in signing Berry to a historic type deal.

But seriously, how much money has Berry already made ? $100million ? I don't know what that figure is but I really think he's made more than he can ever spend unless he's a dumbass. He should have a little loyalty and take a fair salary for him AND the Chiefs.
Unless he has his sights set on Atlanta so he can be home, then that would be somewhat understandable.

Mr. Laz 02-15-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12742179)

Then why didn't his demands go down last year?

Nope, Berry wants to be the highest-paid safety for sure, maybe the highest paid secondary player.

12-15.5 million per

imo it's only about which end of the 12-15.5 scale it ends up being.

I imagine he'll get it somewhere. An AFC West team will pay more than they should just to take him away from the Chiefs. I can absolutely see him in Oakland next year, they have 3 safeties up for Free Agency.

Falcons have 4 FA safeties.

In 2016, the Chiefs spent 3x as much on safeties as cornerbacks, Patriots and Saints did the same.

Bewbies 02-15-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12742437)
But seriously, how much money has Berry already made ? $100million ? I don't know what that figure is but I really think he's made more than he can ever spend unless he's a dumbass. He should have a little loyalty and take a fair salary for him AND the Chiefs.
Unless he has his sights set on Atlanta so he can be home, then that would be somewhat understandable.

How much someone makes is only of a concern to them.

I hope he makes a ton, and I hope he makes it in KC. If it's not KC I'll still be happy for him.

Mr. Laz 02-15-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 12742189)

Chiefs should have never paid him full price during his cancer time.

It's a business and Berry is going to get his.

Hoover 02-15-2017 02:07 PM

The only way one can really negotiate is if you are truely willing to walk away.

I think Berry is a guy you want to kee, I mean do you really want to go in to next year with Parker, Murray, and Sorenson? Even still, if its all about big bank, youjust have to let him walk, and in doing that it really impacts our draft/offseason.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-15-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12742450)
Chiefs should have never paid him full price during his cancer time.

It's a business and Berry is going to get his.

Wrong you are

Mr. Laz 02-15-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12742455)
The only way one can really negotiate is if you are truely willing to walk away.

I think Berry is a guy you want to kee, I mean do you really want to go in to next year with Parker, Murray, and Sorenson? Even still, if its all about big bank, youjust have to let him walk, and in doing that it really impacts our draft/offseason.

I think the Chiefs give in and make Berry the highest paid secondary player in the league.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-15-2017 02:10 PM

Give him 6 years 54 mil and guarantee it all