ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

keg in kc 02-23-2015 05:53 PM

Just realized something weird: maybe a dozen matches played today and I haven't seen a single non-blue drop of any kind. For anyone.

DanBecky 02-23-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11343709)
Just realized something weird: maybe a dozen matches played today and I haven't seen a single non-blue drop of any kind. For anyone.

I believe only green drops are for those guardians under level 20. Hardly see any purples dropped. And I'm talking post game crucible, if that's what you're referring to.

keg in kc 02-23-2015 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 11343717)
I believe only green drops are for those guardians under level 20. Hardly see any purples dropped. And I'm talking post game crucible, if that's what you're referring to.

I've seen several purples drop every day, and usually 1 or 2 exotics. Just saw someone get No Land Beyond, which seems to drop around 99% of the time. Got some random ship myself last match. So apparently the random blue streak is over.

007 02-23-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11343781)
I've seen several purples drop every day, and usually 1 or 2 exotics. Just saw someone get No Land Beyond, which seems to drop around 99% of the time. Got some random ship myself last match. So apparently the random blue streak is over.

Just curious, I really have no desire to play crucible but would really like to get some of the drops they dole out over there. Do I have to win to have any chance if I were to play? How exactly do the drops work in there?

I guess my other question is, do the drops work in the regular PvE game or only in crucible and PvP

keg in kc 02-23-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11343783)
Just curious, I really have no desire to play crucible but would really like to get some of the drops they dole out over there. Do I have to win to have any chance if I were to play? How exactly do the drops work in there?

I guess my other question is, do the drops work in the regular PvE game or only in crucible and PvP

Drops are completely random as far as I can tell. I just got another Timur's Lash (iron banner hand cannon) in a match where I was 5th place on my team. I've seen two exotics drop in one match, one of them to someone on the losing team. So you can get stuff even if you're losing or having a bad game.

However, don't ever count on getting what you want. If you see something on a vendor you like, save up marks and buy it. Maybe you'll get a lucky drop eventually ,maybe you won't, but the vendor's guaranteed...

(I have no idea how marks are rewarded after matches. But I had 100 in a couple of days, playing solo and middle-of-the-pack on the scoreboard - I imagine over a couple or 3 weeks playing more responsibly than me you can get 150 no problem)

Everything works in both PvE and PvP.

007 02-23-2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11343808)
Drops are completely random as far as I can tell. I just got another Timur's Lash (iron banner hand cannon) in a match where I was 5th place on my team. I've seen two exotics drop in one match, one of them to someone on the losing team. So you can get stuff even if you're losing or having a bad game.

However, don't ever count on getting what you want. If you see something on a vendor you like, save up marks and buy it. Maybe you'll get a lucky drop eventually ,maybe you won't, but the vendor's guaranteed...

The problem with this game is it takes too long to save up enough marks to buy the good stuff and most of what I want requires me to get to vanguard level 2. I've invested a ton of time in this game and still only halfway to 2. I get really tired of doing the same bounties over and over again. Especially now that I am trying to level up two more characters to earn more strange coins.

keg in kc 02-23-2015 07:00 PM

FWIW I have avoided crucible like the plague but had fun doing iron banner the last week. Sometimes lose four or five in a row, sometimes win three or four in a row. It hasn't been bad at all.

DanBecky 02-23-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11343808)

(I have no idea how marks are rewarded after matches. But I had 100 in a couple of days, playing solo and middle-of-the-pack on the scoreboard - I imagine over a couple or 3 weeks playing more responsibly than me you can get 150 no problem)

3 marks if you win a crucible match, 2 if you lose. So it's a little but of a grind for 150 marks.

Third Eye 02-23-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11343819)
The problem with this game is it takes too long to save up enough marks to buy the good stuff and most of what I want requires me to get to vanguard level 2. I've invested a ton of time in this game and still only halfway to 2. I get really tired of doing the same bounties over and over again. Especially now that I am trying to level up two more characters to earn more strange coins.

Now that you've started doing nightfalls and weeklys, you should be able to rank your vanguard pretty quickly. Just make sure you don't have a class item on that is sending your rep somewhere else.

As an example, I'm vanguard level 22 on one character and 14 on another and I don't play obsessively, just efficiently.

007 02-23-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 11343942)
Now that you've started doing nightfalls and weeklys, you should be able to rank your vanguard pretty quickly. Just make sure you don't have a class item on that is sending your rep somewhere else.

As an example, I'm vanguard level 22 on one character and 14 on another and I don't play obsessively, just efficiently.

Oh, I haven't done a nightfall yet. Nobody to play with. Everyone on here seems to have their own groups. Destinylfg hasn't been much of a help either since you spend 20 minutes looking for a game and nobody responds to you. I've looked at the100 but since they require scheduling in advance it works against me because with my family, I never know what may be happening on any given night. Too many variables can get in the way.

The only reason I even got Crota was because a group needed someone to get through the last section. I haven't even seen the entire level yet.

I just play the weekly with my son since we have two ps4s. Sometimes its tough to go it with just two though.

Third Eye 02-23-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11343974)
Oh, I haven't done a nightfall yet. Nobody to play with. Everyone on here seems to have their own groups. Destinylfg hasn't been much of a help either since you spend 20 minutes looking for a game and nobody responds to you. I've looked at the100 but since they require scheduling in advance it works against me because with my family, I never know what may be happening on any given night. Too many variables can get in the way.

The only reason I even got Crota was because a group needed someone to get through the last section. I haven't even seen the entire level yet.

I just play the weekly with my son since we have two ps4s. Sometimes its tough to go it with just two though.

Ah, sorry, thought I recalled seeing you post about doing the nightfall. I'd help you out in that regard, but wrong platform.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11343583)
what shards? Is this something I buy or something I have to play levels to get a drop for?

Also, when is a good night to plan on getting online with you?

Radiant shards from the raid.

007 02-23-2015 08:39 PM

Just tried crucible and got destroyed . they headshot me every time. I empty a clip and hit air. I would do better to stand there and do nothing the entire match

CanadianChief 02-24-2015 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11344100)
Just tried crucible and got destroyed . they headshot me every time. I empty a clip and hit air. I would do better to stand there and do nothing the entire match

It takes awhile to get used to. I just played Iron Banner for the first time this week and found that sticking with other team members and knowing where the heavy ammo drops are were extremely important.

I started with about 8-9 kills a match and about a .8 K/D ratio. My last match I had 28 kills and over a 2 K/D ratio.

007 02-24-2015 08:45 AM

Dude I had one kill. One.