ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9802465)
'

Why would one want to visit Hoth, much less occupy it?

I'm betting he was confusing Hoth with Bespin.

Outlanders.

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9801827)
Are you saying they've determined what old L/H/L are going to be like and passed that on to writers?

That would be my assumption, yes. I'm in the middle of a huge project right now and haven't had time to check in with the folks I know at Disney or LucasFilm. But based on the past, the writers were given specifics of what they could or could not do or write for the novels.

As I mentioned earlier, they're less than six months from principle photography, which means that the Americans involved in the film (Abrams, Arndt, Kennedy, etc.) will be making plans to move to England soon. With that in mind, the script must be close to being finalized and the general outline is definitely set in stone.

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9801835)
It's a new standalone book that's already been released.

Apparently it's kind of boring. About L/H/L's final adventure or something. They help Lando fight some kind of corporate war.

Oh then if that's the case, the writer probably doesn't know too much about Episode VII, other than what to avoid.

CrazyPhuD 07-09-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9802518)
I'm betting he was confusing Hoth with Bespin.

Outlanders.

:cuss: Hoth is much much cooler!(and it has native wild life to help your cause!) Besides how do you occupy a gas giant????:harumph:

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 01:07 PM

The rumor I passed on weeks ago is now getting louder:

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/22/s...h-new-writers/

Speaking of losing jobs... why is it that I keep hearing tons of rumors that JJ Abrams is on the verge of dropping out of Star Wars? This has been something I've heard for a while now, and from multiple insiders. I know that he didn't want to shoot the movie in England and was overruled, but that happened a while ago. This weekend at Comic Con I continued to hear these whispers. No director for Trek 3 has been found yet - might Abrams end up coming back after all, leaving Star Wars to someone else? I'm expecting Star Wars news out of the German Star Wars Celebration at the end of the month - if there is some sort of announcement of a title or casting and Abrams isn't there, start wondering.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2013 01:13 PM

Best news ever.

DJJasonp 07-22-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9827237)
The rumor I passed on weeks ago is now getting louder:

http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/22/s...h-new-writers/

Speaking of losing jobs... why is it that I keep hearing tons of rumors that JJ Abrams is on the verge of dropping out of Star Wars? This has been something I've heard for a while now, and from multiple insiders. I know that he didn't want to shoot the movie in England and was overruled, but that happened a while ago. This weekend at Comic Con I continued to hear these whispers. No director for Trek 3 has been found yet - might Abrams end up coming back after all, leaving Star Wars to someone else? I'm expecting Star Wars news out of the German Star Wars Celebration at the end of the month - if there is some sort of announcement of a title or casting and Abrams isn't there, start wondering.

Good....then bring in Ridley Scott. :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 9827258)
Good....then bring in Ridley Scott. :hmmm:

It'll be someone from the Disney family - Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, maybe even a Matthew Vaughn, etc. and so on.

Ridley Scott doesn't make kid's movies. And Prometheus was unwatchable.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9827252)
Best news ever.

And it proves my source was right, which is even better news moving forward for those on my "Secret" list.

Hammock Parties 07-22-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9827273)
And it proves my source was right, which is even better news moving forward for those on my "Secret" list.

*shrug*

I'm going to watch the trailers and literally ignore everything else.

GFY

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9827278)
*shrug*

I'm going to watch the trailers and literally ignore everything else.

GFY

LMAO

Chiefspants 07-22-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9827268)
It'll be someone from the Disney family - Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, maybe even a Matthew Vaughn, etc. and so on.

Ridley Scott doesn't make kid's movies. And Prometheus was unwatchable.

Brad Bird would be a sexy selection.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9827288)
Brad Bird would be a sexy selection.

He was their first choice but he had to pass due to his work on "Tomorrow Land".

Hammock Parties 07-22-2013 01:53 PM

Matthew Vaughn > *

Chiefspants 07-22-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9827334)
Matthew Vaughn > *

Though it would tickle me pink, I doubt Disney makes that selection. Hitting the younger demographics is likely a huge priority for the studio.