ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***OFFICIAL*** 2013 STL Cardinals Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269316)

Swanman 06-05-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9730130)
@BirdsBeat13: As pointed out by @DaRock23, Jay is now 2 for his last 36 (.027) & Kozma is now 2 for his last 28 (.071). No production from the bottom.

Ouch

Maybe it's time for Descalso to get some time at SS. He is worse defensively but has been hitting the ball of late.

Jewish Rabbi 06-05-2013 09:26 AM

Lawls. Chris Perez arrested for drug possession this morning.

Pepe Silvia 06-05-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9730441)
Lawls. Chris Perez arrested for drug possession this morning.

What a douche canoe.

Pepe Silvia 06-05-2013 02:27 PM

You guys gotta see the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball commercial with Carlos Beltran if you haven't yet. LMAO

BigRedChief 06-05-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9729927)
And I was the guy telling you that we had to let Pujols walk all along...

Put us both in charge of a ballclub and we may win just win some games and not piss off the entire fanbase in the process...

Okay I give you that. You were right about Pujols. Now, admit I was right about Rosenthal and Miller beings studs.;)

Pepe Silvia 06-05-2013 04:58 PM

The Angels were ****ing crazy giving him that kind of money, he still has a little left in the tank but he spent the prime of his career with us, dumbasses. lol

BigRedChief 06-05-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9730124)
Ouch. So would you say this was just growing pains, or called up too soon?

He is just missing location. He has got the talent. Yeah, he should have stayed in Memphis but injuries happen.

BigRedChief 06-05-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9730126)
I didn't realize how bad Jay had been til I looked at some stuff, he's been a damn crater at the plate in the lineup.

I would rather not give up any as for a cf, unless it was something stupid like a Matt kemp, which wouldn't happen.

I wish Tavares could just play center or Beltran could play cf, either way problem solved

I've always been against giving up our pitchers. You can never have enough pitching. This year has proven that again. We thought we had deep pitching..... reality smacks us in the face.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-05-2013 05:26 PM

Macro-wise, Wacha was called up too soon. I don't understand the hype over the kid. That's not to say he can't be a really good pitcher. He should be an eventual strong #3/ solid #2 starter, but the fans treated him like he was a Kershaw type prospect and he's just not that guy. Once he learns to throw his curve effectively he can dominate lineups, but that pitch isn't close to prime time ready.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-05-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9730291)
Maybe it's time for Descalso to get some time at SS. He is worse defensively but has been hitting the ball of late.

Descalso is an absolutely horrible SS.

The solution looks obvious to me: send Kozma down and bring up Ryan Jackson. Super Two deadline is quickly approaching, so perhaps they're willing to do that.

BigRedChief 06-05-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9731398)
Descalso is an absolutely horrible SS.

The solution looks obvious to me: send Kozma down and bring up Ryan Jackson. Super Two deadline is quickly approaching, so perhaps they're willing to do that.

Yeah surely no one can think Kozma is a long term solution.

WTF is up with Carpenter getting hit 3 times and we don't retaliate? Kelly threw a pitch up and in and now the announcers are selling it as now we are even and can move on?

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-05-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9731756)
Yeah surely no one can think Kozma is a long term solution.

WTF is up with Carpenter getting hit 3 times and we don't retaliate? Kelly threw a pitch up and in and now the announcers are selling it as now we are even and can move on?

Tomorrow is the game where you can retaliate. Say you get another trigger happy dickhead like the 1B umpire last week. Then you get your emergency starter tossed after the bullpen has been exhausted from a 14 inning game.

If they want to dome Goldschmidt tomorrow I'm all for it.

Jewish Rabbi 06-05-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9731345)
Okay I give you that. You were right about Pujols. Now, admit I was right about Rosenthal and Miller beings studs.;)

No one ever argued that.

'Hamas' Jenkins 06-05-2013 07:42 PM

Maybe I'm a psychopath, but if I were in Kelly's position I'd love to warm up someone's ribs with a number 1 to stand up for my teammate.

Frazod 06-05-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9731809)
Maybe I'm a psychopath, but if I were in Kelly's position I'd love to warm up someone's ribs with a number 1 to stand up for my teammate.

There's no maybe - you're definitely a psychopath.

But that's okay! :D