ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV True Blood (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192557)

FishingRod 08-25-2014 08:25 AM

This show I once enjoyed mercifully came to an end last night. As a final show I rate up there as one of the all time epic fails for a series and IMO was as bad if not worse than the ending for Lost. Came in with a bang and went out as a whiney bucket of crap.

Omaha 08-25-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 10847789)
This show I once enjoyed mercifully came to an end last night. As a final show I rate up there as one of the all time epic fails for a series and IMO was as bad if not worse than the ending for Lost. Came in with a bang and went out as a whiney bucket of crap.

Yeah. That was painful to watch.

BigRedChief 08-25-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

This series should have been put out of its misery years ago. But, even given that, the ending was up there with all time worst endings of series. We don't even get to see the face of Sookie's new hubby? Series finale built around a new plot line of a marriage where the people met 2 days ago?

It wasn't as bad as Dexter being a lumberjack but it was horrible. If I gave a shit about the show I'd be pissed.

I do think a spinoff of Eric Northman going around and ****ing with people would be funny and entertaining. I like his charector and his female sidekick.

allen_kcCard 08-25-2014 10:11 AM

How in the **** did Bridgette not ever get naked? She was the only reason I was looking forward to the last episode thinking that her and Jason would have about a 15 minute bang session.

cosmo20002 08-25-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10847915)
This series should have been put out of its misery years ago. But, even given that, the ending was up there with all time worst endings of series. We don't even get to see the face of Sookie's new hubby? Series finale built around a new plot line of a marriage where the people met 2 days ago?

I was wondering who it was, and was looking for it, but all I noticed was the back of his head as they pulled back on that final scene.

I figured I must have missed it when they showed who it was, but I really didn't even care enough to hit rewind on the remote to find out.

The Franchise 08-25-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10847915)

It wasn't as bad as Dexter being a lumberjack but it was horrible. If I gave a shit about the show I'd be pissed.

I do think a spinoff of Eric Northman going around and ****ing with people would be funny and entertaining. I like his charector and his female sidekick.

Huh?

Are you talking about Hoyt and Jessica?

vailpass 08-25-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

All of this...

Valiant 08-26-2014 08:26 AM

Yeah, this shit should of ended after two or three seasons...

Sigh..

BigRedChief 08-26-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10849092)
Huh?

Are you talking about Hoyt and Jessica?

Yes, the plot line says he knows nothing, remembers nothing of their past lifes but what he is told. He accepts this as fact and gets married in 2 days. But, there again, way too much thought and typing for a show that pathetically limped across the finish line. It deserves to die and be buried.

The Franchise 08-26-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10850430)
Yes, the plot line says he knows nothing, remembers nothing of their past lifes but what he is told. He accepts this as fact and gets married in 2 days. But, there again, way too much thought and typing for a show that pathetically limped across the finish line. It deserves to die and be buried.

I can agree with you.

But when it comes to Hoyt...you pretty much have to accept that even though he's been glamoured....he's still going to have feelings for her. He may not remember her but he apparently loved her at one point...so what's to stop him from falling in love all over again?

allen_kcCard 08-26-2014 10:22 AM

I think the point with Hoyt was that he fell for her when he first saw her both times he first saw her.

I still can't believe no one else is outraged about no naked Bridgette!

Valiant 08-26-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10850546)
I think the point with Hoyt was that he fell for her when he first saw her both times he first saw her.

I still can't believe no one else is outraged about no naked Bridgette!

It would have been glorious, but I got over it when I knew we were never going to see Jessica naked. Just body doubles or silicone covers.

MTG#10 08-27-2014 09:05 AM

The show sucked for the last 2 seasons but I still watched. The ending was about what I expected.

PhillyChiefFan 08-27-2014 01:20 PM

The only reason I watched this season was to see what they did to end it. HBO really mailed this one in. I think they just wanted it to be over. I knew it was going to be bad when the last episode was only 1 hr.

The Franchise 08-27-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 10853690)
The only reason I watched this season was to see what they did to end it. HBO really mailed this one in. I think they just wanted it to be over. I knew it was going to be bad when the last episode was only 1 hr.

The main issue with this show has been it's consistency from day one. Every season they have one or two plots that either change for no reason in the middle of the season...or they just give up and never go back to.

That and they waited FOR EVER to kill Tara.....and then ****ing brought her back as a vampire. And then they killed Tara.....and then ****ing brought her back as ghost. ****ing stupid.