ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Sofa King 05-29-2012 07:29 AM

I jumped into a bunch of CPer's game yesterday. Bucks game's were pretty fun. Just cast a hydra and he'll one shot everything. lol

Tried to get into Laz's but he was doing a boss run.

Imon Yourside 05-29-2012 09:33 AM

I'm having a hard time with barb on Hell act 2, I've upgraded my gear as best i can. 20k Life, 4500 armor, 5400 dps and I die quite a bit. Anyone have a link to a barb strategy guide?

Sofa King 05-29-2012 09:34 AM

You wearing a shield?

Imon Yourside 05-29-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8644777)
You wearing a shield?

Yessir, my main problem seems to be resistances i'm just not sure how to get them up any higher.

Gravedigger 05-29-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8644772)
I'm having a hard time with barb on Hell act 2, I've upgraded my gear as best i can. 20k Life, 4500 armor, 5400 dps and I die quite a bit. Anyone have a link to a barb strategy guide?

I got my Wizard to hell act 2, and while its not a barbarian, I don't think you've upgraded as much as you could. I bought a wand and an offhand yesterday all for 50k and my dps went from 4.5k to 9k just with those two upgrades.

As said you need a shield, and a good one. You have to take away damage and add protection in hell and above, as is with every class at that stage.

Find gear with damage modifiers and attack speed, these pieces will up your dps the most. Then soak in Str and Vit gear, those are the only 2 stats you need. Your weapons need to be top teir, I got a wand with 283 dps and an offhand with dmg and attack speed and my damage doubled. It makes it tons easier.

Sofa King 05-29-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8644785)
Yessir, my main problem seems to be resistances i'm just not sure how to get them up any higher.

Go to the Auction House.

Select "Armor"

Select "Belt"

Select "lvl 60" or whatever level you are, if you're not sixty choose about 3 levels below you and 1 level higher.

Select "Rare"

Enter "150,000" (Or some like amount to filter all the overpriced shit)

Seach for "All res" with an amount of "50" meaning you'll get all the gear at 50 resistance and higher.

Search according to cheapest buyout first.

Go from belt to boots to bracers and so on til you find enough shit to wear. Generally i don't buy much over 50-75k, but you can get really nice gear for 20-40k.

If you don't get alot of results try "40" all res. You can add in strength (or vitality) if you want as well.

Everything i wear i know i can sell easily for much more than i bought it.

Imon Yourside 05-29-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8644792)
I got my Wizard to hell act 2, and while its not a barbarian, I don't think you've upgraded as much as you could. I bought a wand and an offhand yesterday all for 50k and my dps went from 4.5k to 9k just with those two upgrades.

As said you need a shield, and a good one. You have to take away damage and add protection in hell and above, as is with every class at that stage.

Find gear with damage modifiers and attack speed, these pieces will up your dps the most. Then soak in Str and Vit gear, those are the only 2 stats you need. Your weapons need to be top teir, I got a wand with 283 dps and an offhand with dmg and attack speed and my damage doubled. It makes it tons easier.

I just read att speed on anything other than primary weapon is bugged and doesn't work. I've got a shield with 724 defense and my weapon is 304 dps. Tons of str and vit on every piece of equipment but i seem to be lacking resistances. I guess you really can't have it all. I'm 46th level.

Imon Yourside 05-29-2012 10:01 AM

ARgggg! I just tried to login and it saying new patch available...then Diablo closes and it crashes then restarts. Rinse and repeat. Wtf bliz?

Just noticed battle net says down for maintenance, but why doesn't the launcher say that? It lets you login, start the patch and then crashes.

Mr. Laz 05-29-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8644785)

do you have any physical resistance?

when i picked up that it made a ton of difference for me.

my biggest res needs seem to be physical,poison and cold

You can always keep a piece of gear with large fire res in your stash for boss fights light butcher and diablo.

Mr. Laz 05-29-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8644380)
Damn I had over 50k and I wasn't paying attention and I went to go craft to see what it does. I leveled up so many times that I'm down to like 5K and I can't craft anything that would even work for me at a level 25.

Lame.

ya, to hell with the blacksmith

save your money and just buy stuff off of AH

If i ever find a rare recipe i will use the blacksmith again but not until then.

Imon Yourside 05-29-2012 10:09 AM

Can't wait for torchlight 2, will probably play that until they get the bugs worked out and beef up the barb a bit. I've seen a lot of complaining about how underpowered at lvl 60 the barb is compared to the monk for instance.

Sofa King 05-29-2012 10:09 AM

Here is some footage of a melee character in act 3 of inferno.

Spoiler!

Imon Yourside 05-29-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8644825)
do you have any physical resistance?

when i picked up that it made a ton of difference for me.

my biggest res needs seem to be physical,poison and cold

You can always keep a piece of gear with large fire res in your stash for boss fights light butcher and diablo.

Ya i survive fine until fire/poison/arc sentrys arrive then it's instadeath.

Mr. Laz 05-29-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8644843)
Ya i survive fine until fire/poison/arc sentrys arrive then it's instadeath.

poison is such a pain

Gravedigger 05-29-2012 10:21 AM

Yeah if you have a weapon with that dps and a shield with that kind of block then I don't know what to say. I had alot of trouble in early nightmare getting overwhelmed so I took only intelligence and vitality based gear with extra perks added in, and I bought it all off the AH. I know that most people have trouble with the melee classes at higher levels, maybe you're just hitting the same wall they did.