ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Carl resigns! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198420)

TigerPig 01-10-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6433274)
Some of us just don't see things as being much better at this point.

NOTHING could be worse than King Carl. OH MY GOD that man infuriated me. To be honest I haven't seen enough out of Pioli to judge him yet. He had a rough start, but until he sucks it up for 20 years straight then he's better than CP.

The day I heard CP resigned, I literally stood up and jumped up and down in one spot screaming, "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" This is not an exaggeration.

And I can't help but ask if you disliked the last regime, how you could dislike a new one. It seems as if you are difficult to please. :)

The Bad Guy 01-10-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6433272)
I haven't seen that move in a while.

The greatest wrestler of all time. I don't care how much of a drunken loser he is now, Scott Hall will always provide fond memories of my childhood for me.

splatbass 01-10-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 6433274)
Some of us just don't see things as being much better at this point.

What did you expect in the first year? IMO if you expected more than 4-12 you had unrealistic expectations. It takes more than one year to fix a mess as bad as the one CP and Herm left.

DeezNutz 01-10-2010 11:31 PM

TigerPig is throwing 83 with no movement. I'm tired, though.

Anyone else?

TigerPig 01-10-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 6433300)
What did you expect in the first year? IMO if you expected more than 4-12 you had unrealistic expectations. It takes more than one year to fix a mess as bad as the one CP and Herm left.

He's already heard this, I'm sure.

I still don't get it. I mean, I still have no fucking clue how good of a GM he is. There's just not enough to go by.

I do want to know what the naysayers believe we should be doing differently.

TigerPig 01-10-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6433303)
TigerPig is throwing 83 with no movement. I'm tired, though.

Anyone else?

Please, enlighten me. I'm not above being called out for my opinions, and unlike most I actually do take them into consideration.

DeezNutz 01-10-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerPig (Post 6433311)
Please, enlighten me. I'm not above being called out for my opinions, and unlike most I actually do take them into consideration.

You're asking me to summarize the reactions of this board to the '09 failings of Pioli, and there were a shit ton.

Go the search feature and look up the thread: Mother**** you, Scott Pioli.

It was authored by a True Fan by the name of 'Hamas' Jenkins.

TigerPig 01-10-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6433320)
You're asking me to summarize the reactions of this board to the '09 failings of Pioli, and there were a shit ton.

Go the search feature and look up the thread: Mother**** you, Scott Pioli.

It was authored by a True Fan by the name of 'Hamas' Jenkins.

I am familiar with Hamas already. There's a lot of hate in him. He's turned to the dark side of the force. So much intelligence, yet so much anger.

Either way I still am happy. When we started this last year I was FULL of hope. I still have LOTS of hope. Without results my hope will fade slowly. Then I will be ready for a change.

Its really not in my nature to be too rowled up over stuff. I did go nuts over the Carl resignation. I have faith in Pioli and think he's a good choice. But even if they fired Pioli tomorrow, I'd simply go, "Okay, who are we going to get now? Lets see what happens!"

I'm overly optimistic. If anything this is my downfall.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerPig (Post 6433265)
It seems like the people who complain about Pioli are so quick to forget how much worse it was...

Yeah, that 2008 draft that netted Albert, Dorsey, Charles, Cottam, Flowers, and Carr, along with signing Leggett, Studebaker and Gilberry really sucked.

Pioli drafted and brought in 45 players that all make the 2004 draft look like a success.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerPig (Post 6433337)
I am familiar with Hamas already. There's a lot of hate in him. He's turned to the dark side of the force. So much intelligence, yet so much anger.

Much like the American Express Card, being a member has its advantages

TigerPig 01-11-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6433347)
Yeah, that 2008 draft that netted Albert, Dorsey, Charles, Cottam, Flowers, and Carr, along with signing Leggett, Studebaker and Gilberry really sucked.

Pioli drafted and brought in 45 players that all make the 2004 draft look like a success.

So you'd rather us still have Carl?

My biggest thing is instead of being upset with the way things are going, we might as well keep an open mind and see where stuff goes. We have NO control over what Mr. Hunt does. We are observers. If you don't try and go with it, you're just going to eat yourself up and become miserable. If you'd rather be upset over Pioli and hold on to your "We should have..." philosophy that's TOTALLY fine and I understand that. But me, I'm going to be overly optimistic :) and see what happens. In three years if we still suck, then I'll start wanting some changes.

Part of my passiveness too, I admit will probably come from only being a fan since the early to mid nineties. I didn't have to endure the pain known as 75-87.

BossChief 01-11-2010 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerPig (Post 6433351)

Why would you ask him that? Carl had NOTHING to do with that draft. Thats why it was so good imo.

Hammock Parties 09-11-2010 02:17 PM

YEAH

Calcountry 09-11-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerPig (Post 6433351)

My biggest thing is instead of being upset with the way things are going, we might as well keep an open mind and see where stuff goes. We have NO control over what Mr. Hunt does. We are observers. If you don't try and go with it, you're just going to eat yourself up and become miserable. If you'd rather be upset over Pioli and hold on to your "We should have..." philosophy that's TOTALLY fine and I understand that. But me, I'm going to be overly optimistic :) and see what happens. In three years if we still suck, then I'll start wanting some changes.

Part of my passiveness too, I admit will probably come from only being a fan since the early to mid nineties. I didn't have to endure the pain known as 75-87.

I have been observing since I was 5. No Lamar Hunt trophies yet. Oh, I am pushing 46 now.

evolve27 10-08-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6433347)

Bump in anticipation of our "playoff" game this weekend.