ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

DaFace 06-07-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9736239)
At least we didn't have to see Reek in this episode. That gets old in a hurry.

I haven't minded the scenes so far, but I do hope they kind of let it go for a while and have him come back later in the story as Reek like they did in the books. There's not a ton of plot movement in "Then he was tortured. Then he was tortured some more. And then some more. And then it really sucked."

allen_kcCard 06-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9736271)
I haven't minded the scenes so far, but I do hope they kind of let it go for a while and have him come back later in the story as Reek like they did in the books. There's not a ton of plot movement in "Then he was tortured. Then he was tortured some more. And then some more. And then it really sucked."

I don't mind as long as chicks get nekkid each time.

Hawk 06-07-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 9736256)
They're going to have to at least spend some time with the Ironborn and the Damphair, Crows eye, Asha situation next season.

They have to introduce the Dornish contingent as well. Red Viper at least.

keg in kc 06-07-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 9735610)
So, is the popular thought that we're NOT going to see Lady Stoneheart?

Color me disappointed if not.

I don't think anybody has a clue at this point.

(I would be really surprised if we didn't. They've set everything up for it to happen just like in the book. I just don't know if it will be Sunday or a year from now.)

DJ's left nut 06-07-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9736412)
They have to introduce the Dornish contingent as well. Red Viper at least.

The Dornish end up my favorite characters through books 4 and 5.

As such, I'm certain something horrible befalls every last one of them by the end of Winds of Winter...

Hawk 06-07-2013 04:45 PM

Haha, well they did dragon fry poor, boring Quentyn.

The Dornish look to be major players to me though. First, there's a ton of them, and second is that their reach is all over the place as of the end of ADWD.

Prince Doran is there in Dorne of course, and we know from released WoW chapters that his daughter Princess Arianne is off to meet young Aegon and his army to possibly join Dorne to his cause.

Then you have the sand snakes. One of which is in disguise (the Sphinx) in the Citadel and is close to Marwyn and has heard everything from Sam. Another has been sent to infiltrate the Church which is a fast growing power at this point in the story. Another has been sent to King's Landing to sit on the small council which will give her immense access and knowledge about the Lannisters and Tyrells and what they're up to. Another is off chasing DarkStar, not sure where that is headed or what he is all about (he did try to kill Myrcella). And even though Quentyn is dead, his friends are still in Mereen and know what is happening there. They will not be an easy family to destroy.

Red Brooklyn 06-08-2013 12:06 PM

I don't know if this is real or not. Saw it posted on another board. Not really a spoiler since we all read about it, but I didn't want to post it outright for those who may want to wait and see if it's shown tomorrow.

http://588890992.r.cdn77.net/wp-cont...ind2000-11.jpg

SAUTO 06-08-2013 12:46 PM

Can't really believe anyone thought that was getting left out.

I think its more important than most people believe
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Brooklyn 06-08-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9737811)
Can't really believe anyone thought that was getting left out.

I think its more important than most people believe
Posted via Mobile Device

Whatcha thinking there, bub?

keg in kc 06-08-2013 01:22 PM

I wasn't believing it would be left out more than hoping it would be. That's one of the most disturbing images in the book, to me, and I just didn't want to see it.

Red Brooklyn 06-08-2013 01:49 PM

It really is a terrifying [mental] image [in the book].

58kcfan89 06-08-2013 02:12 PM

1) Reactions to The Red Wedding were priceless. Makes me wish I didn't see it coming, although it was still hard to watch. At least through reading so far, I've learned to not get attached to..well, anyone.

2) I'm about a quarter of the way through AFFC and so far its a bit slow. I feel like there's potentially something big coming but if someone could give some confirmation that it'll eventually pick up, that'd be fantastic. Through 3+ books, this is the first time I've really had this problem for such a long stretch.

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9737820)
Whatcha thinking there, bub?

I don't really know, lol. Just seems like its going to be significant.

I feel it might be running around somewhere later
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass 06-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9736271)

This.

Red Brooklyn 06-08-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9737924)
I feel it might be running around somewhere later
Posted via Mobile Device

Yikes... That could be horrifying. Badass. But horrifying.