ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****OFFICIAL 2013 NCAA Tournament Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271360)

Bearcat 03-26-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9530534)
Yeah, I don't like the Beaks, but that was an obvious fluke.

Most teams play up/down to their competition these days, at least some of the time... and if we're going to bring up TCU like it means anything, we might as well talk about what happened when Michigan went to Penn State. So what if Michigan plays like they did @PSU AND Kansas plays like they did @TCU?!?! I just don't see the point though... "if they play like (this game), they'll lose/win" is one of the most shallow, overused, obvious, and pointless observations someone can make.

Hell, it's something you should be bringing up as a Mizzou fan for the lols or whatever, and not by miserable KU fans.

KevB 03-26-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9530070)
Cocaine is a helluva drug!

Haha, how about the coach breaking his fingers knocking them out of the air. People want to say it's fun to have characters in the tourney, but he's just a punk.

lcarus 03-26-2013 06:14 PM

Anyone else get a little sad after the first weekend of the tournament? I know from the Sweet 16 and onward there's typically better games between better teams, but I just love the first and second rounds for quantity and chaos.

Pants 03-26-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9529793)
Yeah no kidding. They're lucky they aren't playing the 2 seed. The 2 seed that the 15 seed raped. Or the 7 seed that the 15 seed raped. In fact, Florida might get raped by the 15 seed.

Appreciate the sarcasm. But I would much rather KU play FGCU than Michigan in the Sweet Sixteen.

lcarus 03-26-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9531431)
Appreciate the sarcasm. But I would much rather KU play FGCU than Michigan in the Sweet Sixteen.

Of course. Me too. I'm just sayin, FGCU is no joke. I'm pretty much ignoring the 15 next to their name. Neither of their wins were flukes. It wouldn't shock me at this point if they played Florida close, or even beat them.

KC_Connection 03-26-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9531407)
Anyone else get a little sad after the first weekend of the tournament? I know from the Sweet 16 and onward there's typically better games between better teams, but I just love the first and second rounds for quantity and chaos.

Only if KU is out by then. Later rounds mean better basketball games between better caliber opponents (usually). Chaos is fun for a while, though.

penbrook 03-26-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9531477)
Of course. Me too. I'm just sayin, FGCU is no joke. I'm pretty much ignoring the 15 next to their name. Neither of their wins were flukes. It wouldn't shock me at this point if they played Florida close, or even beat them.

With Dunk City I dont see how they can lose.

There such on a emotional high right now. They beat Miami earlier on this year so right there tells you that they can beat Florida. I know they lost to Lipscomb twice but its March Madness. I can easily see them playing Kansas in the Elite eight.

FGCU is for real. With Brown and Comer as the two main people there a force to be reckoned with. By the way Comer is from Kansas City Missouri!!

Florida is about the same defensive team as San Diego State but with a little bit better defense. Right now I cant see a defensive stopping Dunk City!!

lcarus 03-26-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9531495)
Only if KU is out by then. Later rounds mean better basketball games between better caliber opponents (usually). Chaos is fun for a while, though.

I just love the first round. It starts early in the day and you get a lot of games all throughout the day and night. Then start over the next day and do it all again. Plus I love seeing the no name schools have their chances and I love the upsets. Even when it screws my bracket up sometimes.

lcarus 03-26-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9531503)
With Dunk City I dont see how they can lose.

There such on a emotional high right now. They beat Miami earlier on this year so right there tells you that they can beat Florida. I know they lost to Lipscomb twice but its March Madness. I can easily see them playing Kansas in the Elite eight.

FGCU is for real. With Brown and Comer as the two main people there a force to be reckoned with.

Florida is about the same defensive team as San Diego State but with a little bit better defense. Right now I cant see a defensive stopping Dunk City!!

Not only that, but in both games they played, the games were close and I thought "Eh, this is where they lose it like most low seeds do". Then late in the second halves they dominated. Crazy stuff. Hope they can keep it up.

penbrook 03-26-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9531508)
Not only that, but in both games they played, the games were close and I thought "Eh, this is where they lose it like most low seeds do". Then late in the second halves they dominated. Crazy stuff. Hope they can keep it up.

Yea right when you think the other team is about to pull away FGCU nails a three or something. Its really fun to watch them. They have over 20 dunks so far with the 2 games combined.

I jumped on the bandwagon after they beat Georgetown..

Bearcat 03-26-2013 07:31 PM

Well, according to kenpom, the defensive difference is like playing Gonzaga (SDSU) or Kansas (Florida), and the difference on offense is much larger.... you're talking about a legitimate Final Four team and a team that went 9-7 in the Mountain West. March Madness.... so crazy, a 3 might overcome all odds and beat a 15.

penbrook 03-26-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9531552)
Well, according to kenpom, the defensive difference is like playing Gonzaga (SDSU) or Kansas (Florida), and the difference on offense is much larger.... you're talking about a legitimate Final Four team and a team that went 9-7 in the Mountain West. March Madness.... so crazy, a 3 might overcome all odds and beat a 15.

Im still pulling for FGCU to win. I truly feel like they can beat Florida!!

Bearcat 03-26-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9531560)
Im still pulling for FGCU to win. I truly feel like they can beat Florida!!

It's a cool story... haven't seen them play at all, but will probably watch Friday night. If Kansas wins, I'd like to see what they could do against Florida... not sure if they would take FGCU lightly, or maybe they'll be up to shutting down the dunk city hype.

penbrook 03-26-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9531584)
It's a cool story... haven't seen them play at all, but will probably watch Friday night. If Kansas wins, I'd like to see what they could do against Florida... not sure if they would take FGCU lightly, or maybe they'll be up to shutting down the dunk city hype.

Oh you have to watch FGCU. They are electric and play so loose.

It says there a 15 seed but they truly are like a 3 or 4 seed. They have led Georgetown and San Diego State by 15 + points.
If Kansas does play FGCU than it will truly be a game. It wont be a blowout.

Just when you think the team pulls away from FGSU they hit a three. Its so fun to watch them play. Dunk City is where its at..

KC_Connection 03-26-2013 07:51 PM

Nate Silver gives FGCU a 5.6% of winning. KenPom gives them 5%.

So yeah, while I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, don't get your hopes up too high on that one. Florida is a better team.