ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

Prison Bitch 01-09-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9297939)
First place in the SEC, gotta love it!

Break out the SEC! shirts again to celebrate.

BourbonMan 01-09-2013 02:00 PM

MU’s Bowers out for at least two games with sprained knee

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/01/09...#storylink=cpy

DJ's left nut 01-09-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9299911)
It was negative. He will miss at least two games, probably more likely 3. Ole Miss on the road just became a bear. They are respectable and more than capable of beating us w/o LB. More so if Criswell isn't available.

We have quite a few tough road games on the schedule this year. I know the SEC is seen as a down conference, but I think a good conference season will require plenty of gutty road victories against the likes of Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas and Ol' Miss.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9300327)
We have quite a few tough road games on the schedule this year. I know the SEC is seen as a down conference, but I think a good conference season will require plenty of gutty road victories against the likes of Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas and Ol' Miss.

Ole Miss becomes a much tougher game if Missouri has to play small with Ross at the 4 (if Criswell is still out or limited).

They still SHOULD be able to win (and likely would still be favored). But it's much tougher that way (especially with Jankovic limited because of his acid reflux issue).

Saul Good 01-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9300354)
Ole Miss becomes a much tougher game if Missouri has to play small with Ross at the 4 (if Criswell is still out or limited).

They still SHOULD be able to win (and likely would still be favored). But it's much tougher that way (especially with Jankovic limited because of his acid reflux issue).

Criswell should be back by then, I would think.

warpaint* 01-09-2013 02:34 PM

UK is coming on. No surprise. They will be seen as a top team once again sooner than later.

warpaint* 01-09-2013 02:35 PM

As for Arky, they I think are going to be like most of MA's Mizzou teams, very tough at home and not much on the road.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9300387)
As for Arky, they I think are going to be like most of MA's Mizzou teams, very tough at home and not much on the road.

If you pay attention to their fan boards, these seem to be their main concerns:

1) We don't rebound well
2) We give up a ton of wide-open layups and easy buckets
3) The Refs should screw us when we're on the road
4) We don't have any offense
5) If we aren't turning teams over and playing in transition, we have a really tough time scoring the basketball.

Familiar tunes for Missouri fans, eh?

Saul Good 01-09-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9300422)
If you pay attention to their fan boards, these seem to be their main concerns:

1) We don't rebound well
2) We give up a ton of wide-open layups and easy buckets
3) The Refs should screw us when we're on the road
4) We don't have any offense
5) If we aren't turning teams over and playing in transition, we have a really tough time scoring the basketball.

Familiar tunes for Missouri fans, eh?

Under Anderson's system, the refs don't screw you on the road. They screw the other team when you're at home by not calling 50 reach-in fouls that are legit fouls.

DJ's left nut 01-09-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9300631)
Under Anderson's system, the refs don't screw you on the road. They screw the other team when you're at home by not calling 50 reach-in fouls that are legit fouls.

Truth.

Beakers are the same way. If they're not getting the breaks on the road, it's because the Refs are out to screw them. No, that's not the case, its just that you're not getting the blatant home-cooking you got in Lawrence.

Anderson's teams needed that as well. They hand-checked so much and so blatantly that if a ref had a quick whistle, we were in a ton of trouble.

Once we hit the road, those close calls evaporated and suddenly Pete was in the game threads bitching about how we were getting screwed. Nah, not really (though there is always at least a little home-cooking in college basketball), its just that things were a hell of a lot more evenly officiated than they were at Mizzou Arena.

Haith's squads aren't quite as prone to that and I think it's because of their size; they can body you up if you get past the first line, so they aren't as desperate with the reach-ins.

Spott 01-09-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9299950)

Glad you're still so worried about Mizzou. ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9299950)

Hate.....Venom

Saul Good 01-09-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9300742)
Truth.

Beakers are the same way. If they're not getting the breaks on the road, it's because the Refs are out to screw them. No, that's not the case, its just that you're not getting the blatant home-cooking you got in Lawrence.

Anderson's teams needed that as well. They hand-checked so much and so blatantly that if a ref had a quick whistle, we were in a ton of trouble.

Once we hit the road, those close calls evaporated and suddenly Pete was in the game threads bitching about how we were getting screwed. Nah, not really (though there is always at least a little home-cooking in college basketball), its just that things were a hell of a lot more evenly officiated than they were at Mizzou Arena.

Haith's squads aren't quite as prone to that and I think it's because of their size; they can body you up if you get past the first line, so they aren't as desperate with the reach-ins.

Haith's squads don't rely on overplaying and gambling, either.

jjchieffan 01-09-2013 07:50 PM

Thought this prediction would be of interest to some of you. It's a game by game prediction of Mizzous conference schedule. It picks them to be sec regular season champs losing at Kentucky, Florida, & Arkansas and winning the rest.

Check out "SEC Hoops Prediction - Missouri" at http://missouri.rivals.com/content.a...6698&PT=4&PR=2.

jjchieffan 01-09-2013 07:53 PM

I couldn't paste the story from my phone, just the link. Sorry