ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:26 AM

I'll tell you what, Pioli or Romeo likely won't be the same ever again. It's sickening and I can't comprehend watching someone take their own lives.

Prayers to those guys as well in dealing with this tragedy.

Ace Gunner 12-01-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9167072)
Got drunk off drugs?
Posted via Mobile Device

Alcohol is a drug.

HMc 12-01-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167126)
Well, just watching the local media this morning. Jack Harry seemed down right rattled and a tad remorseful. Their morning anchor saying OUT LOUD (how dare she) that these players need support and they aren't getting it.

What opportunity have people had to support the players? The event is like 3 hours old.

siberian khatru 12-01-2012 11:26 AM

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli
So to recap: Javon Belcher thanked Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel, then shot himself in the head in front of them. I don't even.

GoChargers 12-01-2012 11:26 AM

This is shocking and sad. As if the murder-suicide wasn't bad enough, now there's a 2-month-old girl who will grow up without her parents, for no reason at all.

rbf 12-01-2012 11:26 AM

Thanks for the new thread and thanks to all those here that are trying to keep it classy. Hard for us all, no matter what you think of everyone involved.

DaKCMan AP 12-01-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Well, just watching the local media this morning. Jack Harry seemed down right rattled and a tad remorseful. Their morning anchor saying OUT LOUD (how dare she) that these players need support and they aren't getting it.

Several teams have had losing seasons - 0 wins, 1 win, 2 wins. They all don't then have murder suicides by the players. JFC.

Lzen 12-01-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167084)
I am not blaming the movement for this incident. I am not blaming Pioli for this incident. The only person actually at fault for this horrible tragedy is Belcher. He had issues FAR deeper than a stressful work environment, and something bad was bound to happen eventually.

I'm just saying that the huge combination of negative things happening around Arrowhead may have contributed in some small fashion to this happening when and how it did, and it makes my previous outrage and the team and its leadership seem shallow in hindsight. Those are my personal feelings on the matter, and if you disagree, that's entirely understandable. What I don't understand is the anger directed towards me.

I tend to think you're probably right on some of that. Those thoughts crossed my mind, as well. But at this point, all we can do is to speculate. This is a totally ****ed up deal. I pray for the families whose lives were ruined by this.

SomeRandomGirl 12-01-2012 11:27 AM

That poor baby. I feel so shocked and upset by all of this.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9167138)
this is dumb. why?

Because clearly the child has NO other family besides the parents that would want to raise it and take care of it. So obviously the owner of the team that employed Belcher should adopt the baby. :shake:

Bowser 12-01-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167135)
Well if he did try to talk some sense into Belcher knowing he had a gun and was working to save one of his players lives then in MY book his job as a human being trumps his shitty job as GM.

I must have missed the Pioli pile on for him not actually saving Belcher's life.

Seriously, what the ****?

luv 12-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Well if he did try to talk some sense into Belcher knowing he had a gun and was working to save one of his players lives then in MY book his job as a human being trumps his shitty job as GM.

Okay. He's a good person. That means we keep him as GM?

HolyHat 12-01-2012 11:28 AM

ESPN now reporting that chiefs fans were cheering for Belcher as he was taken away....

Eric Winston is live after this message from your local provider...

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Only you would turn this into something that could possibly blame the SOC.

This had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with that.

The Chiefs players weren't getting support because they were 1-10. No team gets support when they are 1-10.

This isn't new. The SOC wasn't singling out Belcher, they weren't singling out anyone but Cassel and administration of this team.

Not one person who advocated for change with this team should feel responsible for this. Despite what this complete piece of garbage of a human being tries to spin on this thread.

RNR 12-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167075)
Jack Harry was intimating that Pioli was trying to help Belcher. Knowing how much Harry hates Pioli I don't think that he'd be spinning for him at all.

I think this is going to big a huge wake up call to the local media haters and many fans.

This has nothing to do with the Chiefs other than they were the employer of a disturbed employee~

Dallas Chief 12-01-2012 11:28 AM

So tragic. Just completely shocked right now.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167150)
I'll tell you what, Pioli or Romeo likely won't be the same ever again. It's sickening and I can't comprehend watching someone take their own lives.

Prayers to those guys as well in dealing with this tragedy.

Let's not forget about Jovan's mother. She witnessed the shooting on Crysler, according to reports.

Friends, family and teammates are going to have a tough enough time with this.

Actually witnessing it?

You're right, they'll never be the same.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9167164)
ESPN now reporting that chiefs fans were cheering for Belcher as he was taken away....

Really, really ****ing weak.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Player talked with Pioli, Crennel & heard police drive up. He walked away from them. KCPD: "A couple seconds later, they heard the gunshot."

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

:spock:

DrunkBassGuitar 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

this may be the wrong time to say this but hopefully this will force the NFL to start paying much more attention to player mental health. not saying that playing football caused this at all, but maybe an untreated mental health issue did.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

This isn't the time to joke.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167148)
I'm not banned because I don't break the rules. Posting opinions you don't like is not a bannable offense. USE THE FREAKING IGNORE BUTTON.

How about YOU ignore this place? Nobody ****ing likes you here, and for good reason. Go find one of the other shitty Chiefs boards to shit on.

I'll bet you Barry would take you into his fold. You're just the kind of reeruned moron he loves.

Hootie 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

I think it was the girls mother, not jovans

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Meme has done more shitting in one thread than blackbob ever did.

Sorter 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Drink bleach.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

I agree that elevates his worth a human being. Just because you try to talk someone out of committing suicide doesn't mean you get a pass on 4 years of job performance. They are two totally separate things.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9167132)
I posted this earlier, and I'm not clear why this isn't possbile.

Push the game to the Thursday after the final MNF game of the season. The one just before Wildcard Weekend.

Neither team is playing the next Saturday.

Why even do that? Just forfeit the game and move on. It is not going to effect anything

Raiderhater 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9167145)
You ****ers voted to keep her.

Enjoy...

You might want to direct that post some where else there, good buddy.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9167169)
Let's not forget about Jovan's mother. She witnessed the shooting on Crysler, according to reports.

Friends, family and teammates are going to have a tough enough time with this.

Actually witnessing it?

You're right, they'll never be the same.

Didn't know that about his mom. I feel completely awful for the families of both people, plus the newborn. Just horrid.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167117)
I feel for Pioli the guy. He's going to have nightmares about this for years. Nobody should have to go through that.

I still don't care for Pioli the general manager, and I don't see that ever changing. But, that's really not important right now. So kindly get your ass down off your soapbox and stop using this tradgedy as an excuse to white knight Pioli.

You don't like the SOC movement. We get it. Nobody cares.

I don't like Pioli. He needs to go. I've NEVER embraced the Patriot way.
I support SOC. The fans have EVERY RIGHT TO DO SOMETHING.

I haven't like the vicious and malicious attacks on players. Like wishing death on players. You can see some of that even on this thread. That lack of civility and immaturity is not representative of most Chiefs fans but for some reason is allowed to flourish on this board.

morphius 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Truly sad for both families, and prayers for the little one.

Priest31kc 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167176)

Police are saying it was Belcher's mom...

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167160)
Because clearly the child has NO other family besides the parents that would want to raise it and take care of it. So obviously the owner of the team that employed Belcher should adopt the baby. :shake:

I don't follow the logic.

luv 12-01-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167147)
This is gonna sound lame to most but fantasy football is too big, too much of a cash cow...the furthest this game goes is Monday

I hate to say it, but I agree. I'm all for pushing the game back as far as possible. However, I don't see it happening.

Fairplay 12-01-2012 11:31 AM

Can you imagine being a parent and watching your daughter get shot right in front of you?

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9167179)
I agree that elevates his worth a human being. Just because you try to talk someone out of committing suicide doesn't mean you get a pass on 4 years of job performance. They are two totally separate things.

Of course. But Pioli the human being has been on trial here for awhile now.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9167176)

Yeah I think that's accurate. ****ed up situation for all involved.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9167129)
Damn, that is ****ed up.

Any word on the motive?

Word is he found out the baby was not his.

Hopefully the biological father steps up.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9167138)
this is dumb. why?

No one has better resources than the hunts to give this child a chance to be successful. If the kid ends up in the system, there is no chance for them.

And sadly, the Hunts could use all the good PR they can get.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9167177)
Meme has done more shitting in one thread than blackbob ever did.

Absolute embarrasment of posts. Blackbob is a saint in comparison.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

One good thing in this thread besides that ****ing mouth-breather is that I noticed Hootie is back.

suds79 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 9167173)
this may be the wrong time to say this but hopefully this will force the NFL to start paying much more attention to player mental health. not saying that playing football caused this at all, but maybe an untreated mental health issue did.

We don't even know if this was a mental issue at all.

Keep in mind his did kill someone first. Maybe he didn't want to face the consequences.

I'm just saying we don't know

tk13 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

You guys need to learn to ignore Denise. She's just toying with all of you. You're giving her what she wants.

These guys are all people, just like me and you. I feel really bad for Crennel. Forcing him to go out and do his job tomorrow after he had to watch that would be brutal. I can't even imagine. Especially for him because I'm sure he feels like a father figure to these guys. It'd be like watching one of your kids die. Same is true for the mother of Belcher's girlfriend... just brutal.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167189)

I was being sarcastic.

HMc 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9167139)
Your personal attacks do a lot to improve your credibility. Not.

The only thing I claimed to be "certain" of was the possibility of the environment at Arrowhead being one of many things that caused him to snap. I haven't claimed to be any more positive about his real motivations than you or anybody else in this thread. If you got that impression from my previous posts, then there's been a miscommunication.

Bullshit.

Quote:

There's no doubt that the movement (and more importantly, the poor performance of the team) contributed to a stressful environment for everyone on the team, Belcher included.
You can't possibly know this. For all we know the movement had either a neutral or positive influence on player stress levels. You're desperate to attach the events to SOC and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that you should.

Nor, I would be willing to bet, will there ever be any.

RealSNR 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

If I were a player and my bosses told me to go to work the day after this happened, I'd tell him to go **** himself.

The players shouldn't have to stand for this bullshit EVERYBODY HAS TO PLAY 16 GAMES THAT'S THE RULE!

Chiefshrink 12-01-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 9167129)
Damn, that is ****ed up.

Any word on the motive?

One can only imagine. But the fact he could actually shoot and kill the mother of his child and in front of his own mother and then proceed to the Chief's facility and off himself in front of his bosses say's a ton.

penguinz 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167180)
Why even do that? Just forfeit the game and move on. It is not going to effect anything

What about all those who work these games to support their families? You can not cancel the game. The most you can do is postpone to Monday.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9167198)
Absolute embarrasment of posts. Blackbob is a saint in comparison.

Ignore button, meet PGM. Use it dude and stop :deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

Raiderhater 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167148)
I'm not banned because I don't break the rules. Posting opinions you don't like is not a bannable offense. USE THE FREAKING IGNORE BUTTON.

You are a troll. I shouldn't have to ignore you, you should be banned.

Cannibal 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167186)
I haven't like the vicious and malicious attacks on players. Like wishing death in players. You can see some of that even on this thread. That lack of civility and immaturity is not representative of most Chiefs fans but for some reason is allowed to flourish on this board.

There you go, she thinks the fans caused Belcher to commit suicide.

She's obviously trying to get everyone riled up and it's working.

She lives for shit like this. She's a ****ing bottom feeder.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167197)
No one has better resources than the hunts to give this child a chance to be successful. If the kid ends up in the system, there is no chance for them.

That kid probably has family other than the parents.

Sofa King 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

:shake:

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167189)

i believe it was drenched by sarcasm. Unless the relatives are well off, I stand by my idea.

PhillyChiefFan 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Poor taste

GoChargers 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9166600)
This is quite possibly the most unbelievable tragedy in the history of the NFL.

If not THE worst, it's up there. What happened to Sean Taylor might have been worse, but really, there's no point in comparing.

BigRedChief 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Making jokes in a serious thread is a bannable offense. This is not a prayer thread. Still is borderline. Why do you need to push the envelope in this thread?

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

I
I haven't like the vicious and malicious attacks on players. Like wishing death on players. You can see some of that even on this thread. That lack of civility and immaturity is not representative of most Chiefs fans but for some reason is allowed to flourish on this board.

Who the hell has wished death on a player? Which player? Link?

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167197)

Becoming an adoptive parent because of PR is a horrible idea.

The Hunt's have no obligation and probably no knowledge of Belcher's home life. If that is the case, adopting a child you don't know because of some societal perceived obligation just accepts blame that isn't yours.

Chiefnj2 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

If this were a popular QB Goodell would reschedule the game.

Pioli, Romeo and whoever else witnessed the event need some time off and some professional help.

Marcellus 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167180)

Not true. Players for both teams have performance incentives etc...in their contracts.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

it was Belcher's mother visiting accoring to the police

siberian khatru 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9167201)
You guys need to learn to ignore Denise. She's just toying with all of you. You're giving her what she wants.

Which is why in this instance she should be banned, at least temporarily. She's trolling in probably the worst moment in Chiefs history.

Bowser 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9167185)
Didn't know that about his mom. I feel completely awful for the families of both people, plus the newborn. Just horrid.

I think it was her mom that watched it. I cannot comprehend the thought of watching my daughter being shot in front of me. Good lord.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167202)
I was being sarcastic.

My apologies.

Inspector 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

The girl was about 2 blocks behind us. Lots of traffic driving by, cops everywhere, crime tape stretched around the house and at each end of the street.

We are just shocked. Wow.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9167206)
What about all those who work these games to support their families? You can not cancel the game. The most you can do is postpone to Monday.

Pay them it is not like the Chiefs can't afford it

Smed1065 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Condolences to the families and people involved. God Speed.

Rams Fan 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9167204)
If I were a player and my bosses told me to go to work the day after this happened, I'd tell him to go **** himself.

The players shouldn't have to stand for this bullshit EVERYBODY HAS TO PLAY 16 GAMES THAT'S THE RULE!

I agree with you, but with previous instances of players being killed for the Redskins and Broncos during the season with no games being canceled or rescheduled for the deaths, I don't think it will be rescheduled.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9167207)
Ignore button, meet PGM. Use it dude and stop :deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

I don't put people on ignore, but I do point out their awful, poor taste, garbage posts.

RNR 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

I don't like Pioli. He needs to go. I've NEVER embraced the Patriot way.
I support SOC. The fans have EVERY RIGHT TO DO SOMETHING.

You are one odd person, reading your posts in this thread is a mini case study into batshit crazy~

Rausch 12-01-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 9167228)
I agree with you, but with previous instances of players being killed for the Redskins and Broncos during the season with no games being canceled or rescheduled for the deaths, I don't think it will be rescheduled.

I don't think it will be either.

Hootie 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9167204)

This may be the only reason we would actually see a cancellation...a player revolt. However, the league is going to do everything in their power to spin this and play this game. $$$, draft and fantasy implications are at stake

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

I probably meant to say could instead of should. in no way are the hunts obligated. I was saying in a humanitarian act to adopt the child.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9167216)
Who the hell has wished death on a player? Which player? Link?

she is right on that count, there are numerous instances.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167212)
i believe it was drenched by sarcasm. Unless the relatives are well off, I stand by my idea.

So the owner of the Chiefs should adopt the baby over any potential loving family members because A) they're rich and B) Belcher was employed by the team?

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Jeff Rosen ‏@jeff_rosen88

Police say Belcher's mother was visiting, saw Jovan shoot his girlfriend multiple times, then leave. #chiefs http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01...M7vJZU.twitter

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167195)

wow

niblet 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9167195)

Where'd you hear this?