ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

dirk digler 11-26-2012 08:46 PM

stupid you don't let Felton take that shot instead of melo

dirk digler 11-26-2012 08:50 PM

wtf?

okcchief 11-26-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9155105)
Oh my God.

How does that even happen? I am in disbelief right now. I have to see the game highlights and some explanation for that. How is a professional team losing that bad? That makes Chiefs losses look like down to the wire games.

It was pretty remarkable. Again, I have no idea how they have won as much as they have. They were still playing starters against the bottom of the Thunder bench and still didn't make up much ground.

Perkins looks like his body is done. He's doing nothing right. On the bright side Thabeet has been improving every game. He had a double double tonight. He's been finishing on easy baskets, rebounding, blocking shots and playing with loads of energy. He's already done way more than I thought he would ever do.

I would like to see them dump Perk and trade some of those picks off for Verajo. I've read Cleveland is looking to move him and the salaries match up. It would be a huge upgrade at that position. Perkins is bringing nothing right now.

RealSNR 11-27-2012 07:31 PM

<3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xufn__4y9_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KevB 11-27-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9155455)
I would like to see them dump Perk and trade some of those picks off for Verajo. I've read Cleveland is looking to move him and the salaries match up. It would be a huge upgrade at that position. Perkins is bringing nothing right now.

I guess you would, dude is playing out of his mind right now.

BWillie 11-28-2012 02:44 AM

Kobe having a fantastic year and the Laker's are sucking. Who would have thought?

15 gms
28ppg, 5 & 5
.502 FG % (which is unheard of for him)

okcchief 11-28-2012 06:52 PM

Thunder vs Beard tonight.

Unfortunately, I sold my tickets to this game pre-trade. DOH!

okcchief 11-28-2012 08:16 PM

Harden got a good ovation in the intros as it should be.

Harden 0-8 from the field at halftime.

Nerves and the Thunder knowing exactly what he likes to do has been a bad combo so far.

Thunder up by 12 at half and it should be more.

Houston is playing the second of a back to back though.

KevB 11-28-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9160325)
Harden got a good ovation in the intros as it should be.

Harden 0-8 from the field at halftime.

Nerves and the Thunder knowing exactly what he likes to do has been a bad combo so far.

Thunder up by 12 at half and it should be more.

Houston is playing the second of a back to back though.

Rockets also flew to Sasha McHale's funeral earlier today, then straight to OKC. It's been a very tough 24 hours for them.

mcaj22 11-28-2012 08:46 PM

damn i missed the brawl in the Celts/Nets game

Rondo, Humph and Crash all ejected lol

okcchief 11-28-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9160346)
Rockets also flew to Sasha McHale's funeral earlier today, then straight to OKC. It's been a very tough 24 hours for them.

Yeah, I meant to mention that and forgot. I feel bad for Kevin McHale and his family.

RealSNR 11-28-2012 10:19 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/grbSQ6O6kbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Just when the Timberwolves got some good injury news Wednesday with word that Ricky Rubio is clearing to practice fully, Andrei Kirilenko is out tonight against the Clippers in Los Angeles and perhaps beyond.

Veteran Josh Howard will start for him at small forward.

Kirilenko hurt his back Saturday at Golden State, didn't practice Monday because of spasms and then played 41 mintues, including the entire second half, in Tuesday's victory at Sacramento.

An hour before tonight's game, he was still in his street clothes and walking very carefully because of that back with a stim pack hooked to his belt.
Rick Adelman said Kirilenko played the entire second half Tuesday because both he and Kirilenko felt that the back might stiffen and he'd be done for the night if he came out of the game.

Kirilenko made two huge plays in the final seconds -- blocking a shot, then feeding Nikola Pekovic for a layup -- to help the Wolves end a five-game losing streak.

Kirilenko said he has had the same thing happen to him in previous years and said it usually takes six, seven days to resolve itself.
:(

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9160364)

Rondos just a chicken hawk lookin for a chicken.

Attachment 102879

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9160520)

:(

You guys need to sacrifice a goat or something.

RealSNR 11-28-2012 10:24 PM

We're holding our own against the Clippers on the 2nd night of a west coast trip playing back-to-back nights. I know that's not going to last (these Wolves love to collapse in the 4th quarter) but at least it shows signs that the team isn't totally boned without Kirilenko as long as Love is doing his thing.

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:37 PM

I think the book on Harden is now crowd the shit out of him, and he's not as effective. The Clippers wrote the book last year, and ****ed us up. The Heat did it in the Finals, and we did it tonight. However, there is a book on every player in the NBA, and if your great you'll whip ass even if they know they can stop you. Harden doesn't have the help he's had on the past so it will be interesting to see how he develops as the year goes on. Ill be rooting for him with the exception of when he plays us.

On a side note. Daquan Cook pump faked a 3,went baseline and slammed it hard. I've been watching him play the past 2 seasons, and never saw him dunk once. I think he had a fire lit under his ass tonight lol

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9160529)
We're holding our own against the Clippers on the 2nd night of a west coast trip playing back-to-back nights. I know that's not going to last (these Wolves love to collapse in the 4th quarter) but at least it shows signs that the team isn't totally boned without Kirilenko as long as Love is doing his thing.

Love and Rubio are the keys. If you can keep them healthy you'll been fun as hell to watch if nothing else.

mcaj22 11-28-2012 10:39 PM

actually AK is really good too.

he was definitely missed in the NBA last year, guy is a talent, does everything.

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:41 PM

I'm excited to see Rubio play live. He got hurt before they came here last year.

The Thunder/Wolves games are always a blast and close. I'm not sure how we've won 11 in a row or whatever it is. Most of the games have been nail biters.

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9160558)
actually AK is really good too.

he was definitely missed in the NBA last year, guy is a talent, does everything.

He was barely noticeable his last 2 years in Utah. I'm thinking injuries were probably a factor then too.

okcchief 11-28-2012 10:45 PM

I guess his numbers were still pretty solid. He just missed a shit ton of games.

NJChiefsFan 11-28-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9160364)

Technically(pun?) Wallace was only given a technical foul but since he had received one earlier in the game, he was ejected. I dislike Rondo more and more every year, although I still pulled for him last year against the Heat. There was no reason at all to push Humphries. It wasn't even a bad foul. It was just being "fake tough". Everything else that resulted from that was reasonable IMO.

KevB 11-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9160574)
I guess his numbers were still pretty solid. He just missed a shit ton of games.

He was a beast this summer in the Olympics. I didn't realize he still had that much game, but he was vintage AK47. The problem was whether his body could stand up to the rigors of the NBA grind.

-King- 11-28-2012 11:00 PM

Did they boo harden during intros?

okcchief 11-29-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9160599)
Did they boo harden during intros?

I wasn't there and they didn't show it on TV. I text my buddy who sits next to me, and he said he was overwhelmingly cheered with some scattered boos. During the game he was booed some, but that's the way it should be. Appreciation for what you did here, but once the ball tips your the enemy.

Harden was loved here. His exit was sudden, and some were butt hurt because he kept talking about , sacrifice, brotherhood, and winning above all else anytime he was asked about the contract. I don't blame him because I really believe he didn't think they would make a move this year. I'm glad he got his money, and the spotlight. I wish him nothing, but success EXCEPT when he plays OKC.

RealSNR 11-29-2012 12:11 AM

Luke Ridnour is a giant piece of shit and I ****ing hate him.

He's the goddamn Matt Cassel of the Timberwolves. The coaches ****ing love the guy and insist on playing him in the last 4 minutes every ****ing game.

The guy is a turnover machine and a shitty point guard. Some of his turnovers don't show up on the stat sheet, but they may as well be counted that way because of his shitty shot selection. He insists on taking 15-20 foot 2 point jumpers all the time because he thinks he can hit them. The reality is he ****ing can't, and he always does it when there are plenty of other better options that he could have opened up.

Little Ricky can't get here soon enough. He needs to relieve us of this shitty terrible player who always loses games for us.

Seriously. He basically has lost this game and the Nuggets game last week through his dumb****ery in the 4th quarter. It's Matt Cassel-level incompetence that leads to these losses.

mcaj22 11-29-2012 12:17 AM

i do agree he is terrible.

its funny when they try to play him and Ricky on the floor at the same time together lol

okcchief 11-29-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9160732)

He's the goddamn Matt Cassel of the Timberwolves. The coaches ****ing love the guy and insist on playing him in the last 4 minutes every ****ing game.

The guy is a turnover machine and a shitty point guard. Some of his turnovers don't show up on the stat sheet, but they may as well be counted that way because of his shitty shot selection. He insists on taking 15-20 foot 2 point jumpers all the time because he thinks he can hit them. The reality is he ****ing can't, and he always does it when there are plenty of other better options that he could have opened up.

Little Ricky can't get here soon enough. He needs to relieve us of this shitty terrible player who always loses games for us.

Seriously. He basically has lost this game and the Nuggets game last week through his dumb****ery in the 4th quarter. It's Matt Cassel-level incompetence that leads to these losses.

He does blow.

My Matt Cassel has become Kendrick Perkins according to my wife. He sends me in to orbit several times a game.
I was his biggest supporter because he brought toughness, inside defense, and set killer picks. Now his body is worn down and he's a hunk of shit.

KevB 11-29-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9160732)

The Clips went at him relentlessly on defense as well. Hell, they posted him up with Chauncey at game's end despite Chauncey just coming off injury.

KevB 11-29-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9160744)
He does blow.

My Matt Cassel has become Kendrick Perkins according to my wife. He sends me in to orbit several times a game.
I was his biggest supporter because he brought toughness, inside defense, and set killer picks. Now his body is worn down and he's a hunk of shit.

Perk's scowl after every call against him drives me nuts.

CoMoChief 11-29-2012 08:11 AM

Kirk Hinrich = GOAT

Deberg_1990 11-29-2012 08:12 AM

The NBAs total product now kinda blows. Literally half of the teams, maybe even more.....blow. they have zero shot at a title. The competitive balance is all out of whack.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9161020)
The NBAs total product now kinda blows. Literally half of the teams, maybe even more.....blow. they have zero shot at a title. The competitive balance is all out of whack.

How is this different from the NFL? All four AFC divisions can be clinched this weekend.

Deberg_1990 11-29-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9161034)
How is this different from the NFL? All four AFC divisions can be clinched this weekend.

its not. Its just that there are alot more meaningless games to wade through in the NBA.

KevB 11-29-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9161046)
its not. Its just that there are alot more meaningless games to wade through in the NBA.

That's one reason the NBA has always marketed individual players as much (or more) than the teams. For me, watching the best in the world play a sport I love is enjoyable. Portland/Washington last night was a game with two pretty bad teams. However, there was still a close game with some really good players I enjoy watching (Lillard, Batum, Aldridge, etc.).

Similarly, if I weren't a Chiefs fan, I'd spend time watching them hoping to catch a good game from Charles who is electric when he's right.

okcchief 11-29-2012 11:42 AM

If you really get in to the NBA there is always a lot to watch. If a team comes to KC at some point, and you get to see live games with something on the line I'm sure a lot of opinions around here would change. Even though the standings are lopsided a lot of those bad teams play a lot of competitive games.

suds79 11-29-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

And that's why it's great not having a home team I'm tied to. I simply watch all the good teams and enjoy the show.

Those bad teams are rarely on TV anyways and if they are, I'm not watching. But I'll watch a ton of the good teams. It's great.

KC native 11-29-2012 04:03 PM

Spurs are doing well again.

That is all.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 05:08 PM

Wow. Pop is not playing Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, or Green tonight @ Miami. TNT has to be pissed and fans who shelled out big $$ for tickets should demand a refund. Absolute bullshit.

okoye35chiefs 11-29-2012 05:11 PM

no news up here..

rondo is still a punk

NJChiefsFan 11-29-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

It's been like that for a while now. You can name the top 6 teams before the season and the Finals is always between those teams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9161034)

The only difference is the regular season. There are the teams with elite QBs and then there are the rest. You have a few like BAL and SF that can possibly do it without one but even they have never made it further than halfway to the goal.

okcchief 11-29-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9162407)
Wow. Pop is not playing Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, or Green tonight @ Miami. TNT has to be pissed and fans who shelled out big $$ for tickets should demand a refund. Absolute bullshit.

That's kind of strange since they didn't play last night or play tomorrow. Plus, they played Washington, and Toronto earlier in the week. Why not do it then? It's a regular season game, but you would think those players would want to play the World Champs. I understand the strategy with an older team, but I don't understand the spot at all.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9162547)
That's kind of strange since they didn't play last night or play tomorrow. Plus, they played Washington, and Toronto earlier in the week. Why not do it then? It's a regular season game, but you would think those players would want to play the World Champs. I understand the strategy with an older team, but I don't understand the spot at all.

Or rest a guy here and there - not all of them on a given night.

KC native 11-29-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9162407)

Waaaaaaaa

Pop has been great at extending Timeless Tim Duncan's career. He is smart enough to know an early season game against miami doesn't mean shit.

KC native 11-29-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Because this game doesn't mean shit to the Spurs. Pop knows his team will easily make the playoffs. Why not get your young guys valuable experience against top tier talent when the outcome isn't important?

KC native 11-29-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

And IIRC Pop said he is managing by how many minutes they play over a set period of time.

okcchief 11-29-2012 06:27 PM

I guess SA did play last night so that makes more a lot more sense.

I don't question his strategy because it works. As a fan, I'd like to see them play the Heat tonight though.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9162576)
Waaaaaaaa

Pop has been great at extending Timeless Tim Duncan's career. He is smart enough to know an early season game against miami doesn't mean shit.

That's as cute as a bad chest tattoo, but the NBA is a business with paying customers. Teams charge extra for premium games against top teams. Charging customers extra to see the Heat-Spurs and then it turning into a Spurs starting lineup of Bonner-Diaw-Splitter-Mills-De Colo is bad business, plain and simple.

okcchief 11-29-2012 07:28 PM

They have played 4 games in 5 days, but rest them against Toronto or Washington and you probably win anyway. This is outright forfeiting a game lol.

KevB 11-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9162708)
That's as cute as a bad chest tattoo, but the NBA is a business with paying customers. Teams charge extra for premium games against top teams. Charging customers extra to see the Heat-Spurs and then it turning into a Spurs starting lineup of Bonner-Diaw-Splitter-Mills-De Colo is bad business, plain and simple.

Exactly right, and Stern is coming strong with a response. I get why Pop is doing it, but it's not acceptable for what is essentially an entertainment business.

highBOLTage 11-29-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9162781)
Exactly right, and Stern is coming strong with a response. I get why Pop is doing it, but it's not acceptable for what is essentially an entertainment business.

Hope the Spurs scrubs keep winning. Funny to see them get fined by the commish for winning but not the way fans and commissioners want.

Al Bundy 11-29-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9162708)

Such is life for the people paying "extra" for it... good move by Pop.

tk13 11-29-2012 08:09 PM

Wait a minute, Stern's really going to fine them for this? I don't know if I agree with the decision but resting your players shouldn't result in a fine. The league can't be telling coaches how to run their teams.

okcchief 11-29-2012 08:12 PM

There is no way they should fine them. It's his decision to manage the lineup the way he wants.

-King- 11-29-2012 08:12 PM

Only way Stern could justify it is if the Spurs got blown out by 20+. And even then there would be major backlash.

AdumbGuy 11-29-2012 08:43 PM

Definitely deserves a fine. It's a big game between the two best teams in the league. I thought San Antonio would've given the Heat a better finals series than OKC last year and was really looking forward to this game. If you want to rest your guys, rest them in one of the earlier games. It doesn't matter if they win or not, because at this point, it's like watching a preseason game instead of a playoff quality game. I've always liked Pop, but this is just a slap in the face to the fans.

-King- 11-29-2012 08:47 PM

Spurs surprisingly playing some good ball. Pop with a huge middle finger to Stern.

-King- 11-29-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9162976)
Definitely deserves a fine. It's a big game between the two best teams in the league. I thought San Antonio would've given the Heat a better finals series than OKC last year and was really looking forward to this game. If you want to rest your guys, rest them in one of the earlier games. It doesn't matter if they win or not, because at this point, it's like watching a preseason game instead of a playoff quality game. I've always liked Pop, but this is just a slap in the face to the fans.

He's not a hall of fame coach because he tries to please fans.

okcchief 11-29-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

But the Spurs are winning right now because Pops system is that good.

It would be complete bullshit to fine them. SA doesn't owe shit to anyone. If it puts them in the best position to win in the playoffs it's their choice.

-King- 11-29-2012 08:50 PM

Fining him is just going down a slippery slope. From now on, who gets to say which stars HAVE to play and who decides when old players need to get a day off? Will Stern start monitoring all teams from now on to make sure they don't rest their main players during big games?

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 08:53 PM

There is precedent for Stern stepping in here:

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/25/sp...rs-a-fine.html

okcchief 11-29-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9163015)
Fining him is just going down a slippery slope. From now on, who gets to say which stars HAVE to play and who decides when old players need to get a day off? Will Stern start monitoring all teams from now on to make sure they don't rest their main players during big games?

Exactly.

No way they can do it.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:00 PM

LOL @ the heat

KC native 11-29-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

It's a long season. Pop can rest his players and manage his roster however he sees fit. A fine is nonsense.

AdumbGuy 11-29-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9163012)
But the Spurs are winning right now because Pops system is that good.

It would be complete bullshit to fine them. SA doesn't owe shit to anyone. If it puts them in the best position to win in the playoffs it's their choice.

No, it's a business. A business of entertainment. As much as everybody would like to pretend that getting to the playoffs is what pays the bills, it's the fans buying tickets and watching on tv that pays the bills.

The analogy where everybody pretends that athletes are like regular employees; this is like a manager saying they're not going to send their best employees to meet with their biggest client.

You're talking about slippery slope? Think about the fans, think about the network execs that pay a ton of money to televise these games. If they don't think they're going to get the best possible product, they're going to stop buying tickets, stop televising.

Think about if you're a fan. Say you're a spurs fan that just happens to live in Miami. You buy expensive tickets to go see them play the heat and you're treated to Matt Bonner and Patty Mills. How would you feel right now? It doesn't even matter if the spurs win, because the atmosphere goes from a playoff intensity to a preseason level.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9163088)
No, it's a business. A business of entertainment. As much as everybody would like to pretend that getting to the playoffs is what pays the bills, it's the fans buying tickets and watching on tv that pays the bills.

The analogy where everybody pretends that athletes are like regular employees; this is like a manager saying they're not going to send their best employees to meet with their biggest client.

You're talking about slippery slope? Think about the fans, think about the network execs that pay a ton of money to televise these games. If they don't think they're going to get the best possible product, they're going to stop buying tickets, stop televising.

Think about if you're a fan. Say you're a spurs fan that just happens to live in Miami. You buy expensive tickets to go see them play the heat and you're treated to Matt Bonner and Patty Mills. How would you feel right now? It doesn't even matter if the spurs win, because the atmosphere goes from a playoff intensity to a preseason level.

Once again, it's a business, just like any other. You shouldn't let customers decide certain aspects. Lineups are one of those aspects. Pop has more basketball knowledge in one of his livers pots than all Spurs fans combined. How he sets his line ups on gamedays should be his decision. Not the fans.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9163088)

Pop isn't playing for regular season wins. He's playing for championships. I know that strange to Chiefs fans, but Pop knows how to win championships and that's what he's trying to do with Tim at least one more time.

Tough titty if you didn't get to see who you wanted.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:22 PM

Splash!

KC native 11-29-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9163104)
Once again, it's a business, just like any other. You shouldn't let customers decide certain aspects. Lineups are one of those aspects. Pop has more basketball knowledge in one of his livers pots than all Spurs fans combined. How he sets his line ups on gamedays should be his decision. Not the fans.

This.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9163104)

So it's cool if you buy tickets to see Led Zeppelin and they decide that this is the 4th show in 5 nights so Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are going to skip this show. No refunds, the rest of the band will perform and you'll just have to deal with it.

tk13 11-29-2012 09:26 PM

It is a business. You could just as easily argue the Spurs are playing 4 games in 5 nights and the coach thinks it's bad for the long term business of his franchise, which is winning games. I don't know if I agree with that, and I'm sure Popovich is snubbing his nose at the scheduling a bit... but fining them for what they did tonight is completely outrageous.

kcxiv 11-29-2012 09:27 PM

I dont care that they didnt play, but to send them back home and not even be there. just have them at the game dress them up or make them sit out, but at least go to the game and be their with their teammates. Thats the only part i dont like.

kcxiv 11-29-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163118)
So it's cool if you buy tickets to see Led Zeppelin and they decide that this is the 4th show in 5 nights so Jimmy Page and Robert Plant are going to skip this show. No refunds, the rest of the band will perform and you'll just have to deal with it.

Thats a terrible analogy, because in basketall, you have a bench that is part of the team that can go in and play. For a band, you really dont. Sure they change members every now and again, but there is no back ups really.

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9163122)
It is a business. You could just as easily argue the Spurs are playing 4 games in 5 nights and the coach thinks it's bad for the long term business of his franchise, which is winning games. I don't know if I agree with that, and I'm sure Popovich is snubbing his nose at the scheduling a bit... but fining them for what they did tonight is completely outrageous.

It's the entertainment business. It's different. Ticket packages are sold months in advance with the promo of "come see Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs battle the Heat" and none of those three are even in the building. It's false advertising and charging premium price while delivering an inferior product.

-King- 11-29-2012 09:34 PM

Ray Allen.

Spurs will get the last shot...

tk13 11-29-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163131)
It's the entertainment business. It's different. Ticket packages are sold months in advance with the promo of "come see Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and the Spurs battle the Heat" and none of those three are even in the building. It's false advertising and charging premium price while delivering an inferior product.

Nobody from the Spurs made the Heat advertise their product in that manner. I think that is insane to even argue this point. No way should a team alter their plans to appease the marketing department of another team. That's crazy.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163131)

ROFL @ parroting Chris Webber

DaKCMan AP 11-29-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9163154)
ROFL @ parroting Chris Webber

What did Chris Webber say?

KC native 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

and ROFL @ the heat as well. Minimal substitutions for our bench guys and they take the heat down to the wire.

KC native 11-29-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9163156)
What did Chris Webber say?

Exactly what you just said. Almost word for word in the pregame