ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

mcaj22 01-05-2013 12:56 AM

some team is going to get a heck of a QB in this kid. wish it was us

Herzig 01-05-2013 01:04 AM

I love Tyler Wilson and I'm an Arkansas Alumni(full disclosure :)). This kid will/could start day 1. Arkansas as a team and the coaching situation had a ton of problems this year. What you don't see in the highlight video is the beating that Wilson took this year and last year. I've been impressed with his toughness, arm, and surprising scrambling speed when he needs it. He had to do that a lot this year with only one real other offensive threat(Hamilton) and no defense.

I would be very happy if the Chiefs drafted him..Had Arkansas made it to a decent bowl game, he would without a doubt be the #1 pick. Let Reid bring Geno and Wilson in for a workout and see what they think :)

Mr_Tomahawk 01-05-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig (Post 9284124)
I love Tyler Wilson and I'm an Arkansas Alumni(full disclosure :)). This kid will/could start day 1. Arkansas as a team and the coaching situation had a ton of problems this year. What you don't see in the highlight video is the beating that Wilson took this year and last year. I've been impressed with his toughness, arm, and surprising scrambling speed when he needs it. He had to do a lot this year with only one real other offensive threat(Hamilton) and no defense.

I would be very happy if the Chiefs drafted him..Had Arkansas made it to a decent bowl game, he would without a doubt be the #1 pick. Let Reid bring Geno and Wilson in for a workout and see what they think :)

:clap: +1

CoMoChief 01-05-2013 07:22 AM

If we do take a QB w/ the #1 pick it better be Tyler Wilson and not Geno ****ing Smith.

evolve27 01-05-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284377)
If we do take a QB w/ the #1 pick it better be Tyler Wilson and not Geno ****ing Smith.

I agree simply because he's white.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-05-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9283450)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FDt6saeTxHM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1:05, 2:16, and 3:24 were my favorites. I did see some overthrows, and his receivers got him a ****ton of yards after the catch, which I kind of expect in college to a certain degree. I like how he isn't afraid of taking a hit. And he hit plenty of guys in stride. He's definitely the #2 QB out of this class for my money. I do worry about concussions. It can be a long term problem, and they tend to accentuate themselves after the 1st one. Meaning once that bottle is open, they're more likely to happen. I wouldn't bitch if we drafted him over Geno though. At least not much. :p

htismaqe 01-05-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9284012)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

1. Dumb
2. Dumber

rico 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

I have been a Tyler Wilson skeptic for pretty much ever...However, I've been watching a LOT of game film on him this past week and well....... I'd be a blithering liar if I were to say this guy isn't growing on me. Intangibles.

Herzig 01-06-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9284391)
1:05, 2:16, and 3:24 were my favorites. I did see some overthrows, and his receivers got him a ****ton of yards after the catch, which I kind of expect in college to a certain degree. I like how he isn't afraid of taking a hit. And he hit plenty of guys in stride. He's definitely the #2 QB out of this class for my money. I do worry about concussions. It can be a long term problem, and they tend to accentuate themselves after the 1st one. Meaning once that bottle is open, they're more likely to happen. I wouldn't bitch if we drafted him over Geno though. At least not much. :p

He did take plenty of hits due to our crappy offensive line but he only had ONE concussion as far as I know..he played every game the year before last and backed up Ryan Mallet before that and came in against Auburn when Mallet got hurt. This kid is as tough as they come. He can take hit after hit and play. Definitely one of his pluses and hopefully he will have a better line in the NFL than he did at Arkansas.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig (Post 9288834)
He did take plenty of hits due to our crappy offensive line but he only had ONE concussion as far as I know..he played every game the year before last and backed up Ryan Mallet before that and came in against Auburn when Mallet got hurt. This kid is as tough as they come. He can take hit after hit and play. Definitely one of his pluses and hopefully he will have a better line in the NFL than he did at Arkansas.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...ana-monroe-ulm

2 concussions

gohogs14 01-06-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9288897)

When was the other one? I've heard he had two before as well but i never remembered the other one...he played in every game in 2011. So if he did it had to be minor. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened against alabama in 2011 because he got crushed in that one but its weird i dont remember people talking about it at the time

EDIT: found an article about it

"Arkansas’ 52-3 rout of New Mexico hardly cracked the front page news on a Saturday filled with finer games (outside of the greater Fayetteville area, of course), but the No. 14 Razorbacks did suffer a little bit of an injury scare with quarterback Tyler Wilson in the first half against the Lobos.

Just before halftime, Wilson scrambled for a 7-yard touchdown run and was hit hard at the goal line. While initially appearing to be fine, coach Bobby Petrino said Wilson exhibited concussion-like symptoms a short while later.

“At halftime, we noticed when we were going through the script of how we were going to start out, that he didn’t have the exact focus that we’d like,” Petrino said. “So we notified the trainer and he had symptoms of a concussion. I don’t know if he had a concussion or not, but he did have symptoms and you know how we go about that nowadays, so he was held out the second half.”

Not that Wilson’s return was pertinent; the Razorbacks were leading 31-3 at the half courtesy of Wilson’s touchdown run. Wilson later returned to the sidelines about midway through the third quarter, but didn’t play the rest of the game.

It’s uncertain at this time if Wilson actually has a concussion, but UA plays Troy in Week 3, so Petrino’s staff could err on the side of safety before the Hogs travel to Alabama on Sept. 24."

Molitoth 01-06-2013 05:31 PM

Although I'm on the geno train, drafting Wilson in the first would be alright by me.

Herzig 01-06-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohogs14 (Post 9289279)
When was the other one? I've heard he had two before as well but i never remembered the other one...he played in every game in 2011. So if he did it had to be minor. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened against alabama in 2011 because he got crushed in that one but its weird i dont remember people talking about it at the time

EDIT: found an article about it

"Arkansas’ 52-3 rout of New Mexico hardly cracked the front page news on a Saturday filled with finer games (outside of the greater Fayetteville area, of course), but the No. 14 Razorbacks did suffer a little bit of an injury scare with quarterback Tyler Wilson in the first half against the Lobos.

Just before halftime, Wilson scrambled for a 7-yard touchdown run and was hit hard at the goal line. While initially appearing to be fine, coach Bobby Petrino said Wilson exhibited concussion-like symptoms a short while later.

“At halftime, we noticed when we were going through the script of how we were going to start out, that he didn’t have the exact focus that we’d like,” Petrino said. “So we notified the trainer and he had symptoms of a concussion. I don’t know if he had a concussion or not, but he did have symptoms and you know how we go about that nowadays, so he was held out the second half.”

Not that Wilson’s return was pertinent; the Razorbacks were leading 31-3 at the half courtesy of Wilson’s touchdown run. Wilson later returned to the sidelines about midway through the third quarter, but didn’t play the rest of the game.

It’s uncertain at this time if Wilson actually has a concussion, but UA plays Troy in Week 3, so Petrino’s staff could err on the side of safety before the Hogs travel to Alabama on Sept. 24."

I stand corrected. I don't recall this one but 2 concussions in college is hardly a huge concern. I would guess that most of the QB's out there have had 1-3 before they make it the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herzig (Post 9289649)
I stand corrected. I don't recall this one but 2 concussions in college is hardly a huge concern. I would guess that most of the QB's out there have had 1-3 before they make it the NFL.

I disagree.

With the NFL cracking down on head injuries, two concussions should definitely be a concern. Also, I seriously doubt that all FBS QB's have experienced 1-3 concussions during their career.

Head injuries are nothing to mess around with.

slimdagreat 01-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9284012)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

yes and yes!

Red Dawg 01-06-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9283496)
Shit man, I'm loving Wilson.

And Dennis Johnson would fit PERFECTLY in an Andy Reid offense.

Dennis johnson would be a great pick. Kid is tough.

Red Dawg 01-06-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9231193)
I just really hate Jay Cutler, that's all. Dude's ****ing garbage. He's the worst kind of garbage because to me he's not even a top 15 QB, yet the Bears invested a ton in him, and will be sticking with him for a long time trying to find the right combination of players/coaching that will work.

That's the exact same problem that the Chiefs had with Matt Cassel.

Cutler is an overrated bum. He sucks. I agree totally.

crazycoffey 01-06-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9283370)
As it should be.

And if Petrino had stayed and he had had a good season, I'd still be worried about the Petrino factor, and whether a Petrino guy can succeed as a pro.

Reid will get more out of him than bobby p

farmerchief 01-06-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9289362)
Although I'm on the geno train, drafting Wilson in the first would be alright by me.

I agree, especially if we could get him a little later(don't think its possible though). After reading about both for the past few days, and watching limited amount of footage, I may like his pocket presence and overall toughness, better than Geno. Although, I would be satisfied with either.

AussieChiefsFan 01-06-2013 10:08 PM

Want to draft Geno, but now with Andy Reid, Id be satisfied with Wilson too.

Chiefshrink 01-06-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9289362)

Yep. He can definitely 'thread the needle'.:clap:

gohogs14 01-07-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9290529)
Dennis johnson would be a great pick. Kid is tough.

I feel like we never gave him the ball enough. He reminds me of ray rice but he has fumble issues.

TE Chris Gragg will also be a good pickup for someone in the mid to late rounds...he was a matchup nightmare when he was healthy

Mr_Tomahawk 01-08-2013 02:13 PM

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster

Geno and Barkley both skipping Sr. Bowl. Good decisions. Neither wants to throw side by side with Tyler Wilson and get shown up.

The_Doctor10 01-08-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9296584)

Geno and Barkley both skipping Sr. Bowl. Good decisions. Neither wants to throw side by side with Tyler Wilson and get shown up.

Tyler Wilson is going to be a great QB for the Bills. But I don't think Geno is afraid of throwing side by side with Wilson; if anything, putting them right next to each other only underscores just how far ahead of the competition Chocolate is.

AussieChiefsFan 01-08-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...9jcfo1_500.gif

ToxSocks 01-08-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

OHHHHHHHHH

Sick burn, brah

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Oh look; it's THIS adorable little thread again!

AussieChiefsFan 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth*****Satan (Post 9296667)
Oh look; it's THIS adorable little thread again!

LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk 01-08-2013 02:32 PM

Why do so many Geno fans come off as if they are threatened....?

I thought it was clear [On this board] that Geno is head and shoulders above Wilson?

Nirvana58 01-08-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9296677)

I thought it was clear [On this board] that Geno is head and shoulders above Wilson?

I can't wait for the senior bowl. I think that is when Wilson starts his bid to go number 1 overall. I am just not that impressed with geno and hopefully Tyler takes the reigns and shows he is worth the pick

Mr_Tomahawk 01-08-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana58 (Post 9296748)
I can't wait for the senior bowl. I think that is when Wilson starts his bid to go number 1 overall. I am just not that impressed with geno and hopefully Tyler takes the reigns and shows he is worth the pick

There seems to be a bit of paranoia within some of the Geno fans who posts in this thread that feel the same way...

Mother****erJones 01-08-2013 02:53 PM

I hope Tyler separates himself. Some QB needs to

htismaqe 01-08-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

It's not just Geno fans.

This board is completely polarized. On pretty much every subject.

Don't worry about it, it will all come out in the wash.

I like Wilson and would love to have him.

keg in kc 01-08-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9296800)
It's not just Geno fans.

I think all of us just want the best QB. If that's Geno (and I think it is) then great. If that's Wilson, then great. If that's Barkl-nevermind.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-08-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9296800)
It's not just Geno fans.

Shut your dirty whore mouth.

RealSNR 01-08-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Eh, they're just feeding you shit.

htismaqe 01-08-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9296842)
I think all of us just want the best QB. If that's Geno (and I think it is) then great. If that's Wilson, then great. If that's Barkl-nevermind.

It's Mike Glennon!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7gSB5gka1...yELwo1_400.jpg

RunKC 01-08-2013 10:45 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Na-gFUHKFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If anyone has any doubts about Tyler Wilson, this will answer it.

Down 35-17 at half and the kid didn't flinch at all.

Watching this makes me laugh at the morons who say that Tannehill is just as good of a prospect as any QB in this draft. LMAO

Sorter 01-08-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9298519)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Na-gFUHKFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If anyone has any doubts about Tyler Wilson, this will answer it.

Down 35-17 at half and the kid didn't flinch at all.

Watching this makes me laugh at the morons who say that Tannehill is just as good of a prospect as any QB in this draft. LMAO

This is why (partly) I was against drafting Tannehill and for picking a QB this year. I did think that Bray, Barkley and Wilson would all build on their previous years instead of floundering.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-10-2013 09:23 AM

The case for Tyler Wilson: This is why the Chiefs will select him No. 1 overall

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...raft-pick-2013

A couple of weeks ago I wrote the case for Geno Smith as the Kansas City Chiefs No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. I added a few GIFs in the post thanks to Clay Wendler and it went over pretty well. Some like Geno, some don't, but we all agree that a new QB is in the plans for next season.

Smith is still my top choice of quarterbacks in the Draft. But that doesn't mean that he's the only guy that I like.

The case for Tyler Wilson in 2013

When talking about Wilson's season at Arkansas this past year it's safe to say he's dealt with a certain type of adversity. The controversy surrounding former Arkansas head coach Bobby Petrino and his dismissal from the University would be enough to determine what kind of person you're dealing with in Wilson.

Read about some of the things that Wilson did to keep that team together in the fallout of the Petrino controversy.

There have been multiple occasions in the past couple of weeks when Wilson stood up in front of the team and spoke at times when the floor would normally have belonged to Bobby Petrino. One of those came at the edge of the tunnel before the Razorbacks ran onto the field. What did he tell his teammates?

"Let's continue to roll the ball down the hill."

This is one small example of many leadership qualities shown by Wilson in the time right after the Petrino scandal broke. Obviously the season didn't go the way that Arkansas had hoped but that wasn't totally on Tyler Wilson.

More: Latest mock draft.

Coming into the season Wilson had to deal with losing his top two targets from 2011, Jairus Wright and Joe Adams, who both went to the NFL. Then the whole mess in losing Bobby Petrino AND having to deal with John L. Smith. Fair to say it was going to be an uphill battle for Wilson either way this season.

I went back and watched eight games from Tyler Wilson from the past two seasons. I watched every throw.

1. You won't find a tougher quarterback in the country than Tyler Wilson. Period. He consistently would hang in the pocket and take highlight-reel-type hits while delivering the ball down the field. The leadership and toughness aspect of Wilson's game is important. He grades out well in those areas and those who know him very highly of his football IQ. He's a student of the game and 'gets it' for lack of a better way to explain.

This toughness does come with a cost though, and the two reported concussions (one of which kept him out of the Alabama game this season) are something that will be brought up as we get closer to the Draft.

2. His arm-strength is unquestioned. He has a dynamic arm and is every bit of a 'gunslinger'. The Brett Favre comparisons are apt in this case because he believes he can make every throw out there at any time.

Since this is the Show Me State, let me show you what Wilson can do.

Tyler Wilson Vs. Tulsa.

This play will tell you a lot about Tyler Wilson. He will hang in the pocket and deliver a strike downfield -- even if it means he's going to get crushed. These are the types of throws that endear yourself to your teammates, coaches and scouts. You can't watch this play and not believe in the guy under center for your team.

It's 3rd-and-3 with eight minutes left in the game when you're up by four. This ball traveled ~ 35 yards in the air, on a line, with an absolute hammer of a hit on the end. This is a game-winning type throw.

Tyler Wilson Vs. LSU

This was Wilson's bread and butter at Arkansas. The shallow cross. It didn't matter if it was Jairus Wright ('11) or Cobi Hamilton ('12), this was their go-to play. Wilson became very good at throwing this pass from all different angles and with all kinds of footwork. It did lead to inconsistencies with accuracy on these passes but it was still their go-to play.

This exemplifies the functional arm-strength that Wilson possesses. It's one thing to just be able to throw a ball far on a deep fly-route -- that's important, don't get me wrong -- but functional arm-strength is getting the ball to a spot quickly enough to avoid the defensive back or getting it to the receiver with enough room to make a move.

The ball gets there fast enough so Hamilton has space to make a move on the defensive back and pick up extra yardage.

Tyler Wilson Vs. Mississippi State

This play gives you an example of Wilson extending a play and delivering a strike. As you know this is something we RARELY saw over the past few seasons in Kansas City. Progressions, awareness, athleticism, arm-strength, it's all on display right here.

This is your long touchdown pass. Wilson does have the ability to put some touch on his passes. It's not something I saw often but this is a good example of putting it up and letting his receiver go and make a play.

Toughness and arm-strength are the two takeaways here.

Mechanics

One question is Wilson's "corkscrew" delivery and action he makes with his lower-half. It's not much different than what you see from pitchers as they close off their front-half to create 'torque' and power before exploding open. This creates a lot of his power but it's also very hard to replicate play after play, which leads to accuracy problems. There's no doubt he's working on it but it's one thing mechanically that kind of jumps out about Wilson.

This post is more about what Wilson can do rather than what he can't do. We'll get into what they don't do well more as the Draft approaches.

I'd be happy if Tyler Wilson becomes a member of the Kansas City Chiefs. I have my preferences as we all do but the Chiefs need to get better at the position and there's a lot to like about Tyler Wilson. The toughness and leadership he's demonstrated during his time at Arkansas is something you want around your team. He has the kind of dynamic arm that allows him to make passes that NO other quarterback in this draft can make. Something he tries to prove it too often.

Add him to the short list of guys that could be starting for Kansas City next season.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-10-2013 09:34 AM

On board. I keep flip-flipping on Geno but have always liked Tyler. I'm on record. Wilson will have a better career.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 09:38 AM

I can agree with that statement Rudy assuming this past year hasn't done serious physical or even mental issues for Ty. He really got the crap beat out of him this past season.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 09:42 AM

We're not drafting Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith.

Depressing to think that the ONLY TIME IN HISTORY we've had the #1 overall pick and we're going to get either OT or DT.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 09:44 AM

I'm surprised Wilson isn't ranked higher by the "experts". Most of them don't have him in their top 32 players.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302575)

Depressing to think that the ONLY TIME IN HISTORY we've had the #1 overall pick and we're going to get either OT or DT.

I dont believe this at all. I really don't think you believe it either. What is your angle here?

Reerun_KC 01-10-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Well can Clark afford a fan revolt again? Drafting a QB will cause this fanbase to meltdown.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302581)
I'm surprised Wilson isn't ranked higher by the "experts". Most of them don't have him in their top 32 players.

I've seen quite a few that think he's going to last into the 2nd round. I don't get it.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-10-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

What makes you so sure? I have a strong belief that if Reid see's a talented QB then we will grab him. Otherwise we had best trade down if we're picking a lineman in round 1.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9302582)
I dont believe this at all. I really don't think you believe it either. What is your angle here?

Yeah, I do believe it.

EVERYBODY is saying it. Radio hosts, ALL of the talking heads, ALL of the fans except for us here.

I wish I didn't believe it but it's becoming very depressing.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302587)
I've seen quite a few that think he's going to last into the 2nd round. I don't get it.

its still early...

RGIII wasnt even on the map until this time last year...

Things will shake up over the next 3 months...

htismaqe 01-10-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 9302588)
What makes you so sure? I have a strong belief that if Reid see's a talented QB then we will grab him. Otherwise we had best trade down if we're picking a lineman in round 1.

Reid picked Donovan McNabb #2 overall. After him, it's a long list of late round guys and retreads.

Sorry, but the wave of "anti-QB" sentiment is just overwhelming.

I have absolutely zero faith we'll draft a QB #1.

Molitoth 01-10-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302581)

I'm not surprised. These experts seem to be ****ing stupid when they keep saying that the QB class is weak and that the Chiefs should draft an OT with the #1 overall. Tyler Wilson would not be a reach at #1 overall whatsoever if he was the QB identified as the best fit for your franchises future.

warrior 01-10-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302587)

I've been hearing Dallas wants him in the first.

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302589)
Yeah, I do believe it.

EVERYBODY is saying it. Radio hosts, ALL of the talking heads, ALL of the fans except for us here.

wait, this is my schtick...

KCUnited 01-10-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9302584)
Well can Clark afford a fan revolt again? Drafting a QB will cause this fanbase to meltdown.

No it won't. Outside of this site, KC Fan is inventing every scenario possible not to draft a QB at #1.

Molitoth 01-10-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Me too htis. Until it happens, history has shown me that the chiefs will never draft the best QB in the top 10. (The one position that actually deserves to be picked that high).

htismaqe 01-10-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9302600)
wait, this is my schtick...

You still have anger.

I don't.

I can't believe we have the #1 overall pick and the ONLY way to get through the next 3 months is to completely cut myself off from the radio, the TV, and the Internet.

It's just ****ing crazy.

BigCatDaddy 01-10-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9302602)
No it won't. Outside of this site, KC Fan is inventing every scenario possible not to draft a QB at #1.

And Andy Reid couldn't gives 2 shits what the fans want. He showed that when he took McNabb. I believe in Andy.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302589)
Yeah, I do believe it.

Come on brother, keep your head up. "Everybody" was also saying that Pioli would be retained even though it was very obvious that it as his decision making that caused this abortion of a season.

Chiefs Kingdom has been beat up, no doubt but let's not act like it.

Go Chiefs!

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302608)
You still have anger.

I don't.

I can't believe we have the #1 overall pick and the ONLY way to get through the next 3 months is to completely cut myself off from the radio, the TV, and the Internet.

It's just ****ing crazy.

ROFL

this happened to me yesterday...woke up, read some dumb threads, lost my mind

today I have inner peace

tomorrow i will probably lose my mind again...

agree about the media, it is ****ing Borg-like and depressing

Molitoth 01-10-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9302609)
And Andy Reid couldn't gives 2 shits what the fans want. He showed that when he took McNabb. I believe in Andy.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

But IF he thinks Cassel, Alex Smith, Flynn, or any other teams backup is worth the starting QB job on this team, I hate him.

KCUnited 01-10-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Uh, the quote I referenced was in regards to a fan revolt due to not taking a QB at #1. But to your point, I'm not going to freak out yet, it's early and we haven't even officially hired a GM yet. I hoping it's a no brainer by March.

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 09:56 AM

i say we fly banners over scout's houses....

"OH NOES, IT RISKY! EAT AIDS - DRAFT QB"

htismaqe 01-10-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9302616)
ROFL

this happened to me yesterday...woke up, read some dumb threads, lost my mind

today I have inner peace

tomorrow i will probably lose my mind again...

agree about the media, it is ****ing Borg-like and depressing

Stop laughing at me, you're going to make me cry.

Jake, Steven, and Nate ALL just said "if there's a guy there that you think is top 10, you take him at #1".

Thank God there's some sane people on the radio. They just said Tony Paulino is a moron - if Geno can go at #5, he can go at #1.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

I think Andy does know what the fans want. It's to be Superbowl Champs. The problem is the fans ( generally speaking ) have no clue how to get there.

We have Andy Allstate....we're in good hands!

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302595)
Reid picked Donovan McNabb #2 overall. After him, it's a long list of late round guys and retreads.

Sorry, but the wave of "anti-QB" sentiment is just overwhelming.

The problem is that KC doesn't have a workable veteran to be the backup, or starter if necessary. Reid is forced to bring in a veteran immediately during FA. If he likes the vet a lot then it's possible he doesn't feel it necessary to HAVE to use that #1 on a QB.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9302619)
I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

But IF he thinks Cassel, Alex Smith, Flynn, or any other teams backup is worth the starting QB job on this team, I hate him.

This!!! times 1000

If he pulls this shit, the SOC should get right back to work...

BigCatDaddy 01-10-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9302623)
I think Andy does know what the fans want. It's to be Superbowl Champs. The problem is the fans ( generally speaking ) have no clue how to get there.

We have Andy Allstate....we're in good hands!

Andy Reid is going to lead those horses to water and sit his fat ass on their heads until they all drink from the trough of the QB.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 10:01 AM

Coach Reid is trying to put together a good coaching staff. That is taking up all his time I am sure. After the FO is taken care of I am sure the answers to some of these draft questions he is being asked will take a turn and give us a better warm 'n Fuzzy

ChiefMojo 01-10-2013 10:02 AM

Really Smith and Wilson are the ONLY two QB's I'm quite comfortable with.

Not totally sold on Glennon yet and don't like Bray's maturity, Barkley is meh/takes to many chances with decent abilities or Jones lack of big game poise.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9302632)
Andy Reid is going to lead those horses to water and sit his fat ass on their heads until they all drink from the trough of the QB.

This....Andy know everyone is calling him a QB Guru, this is his legacy. No way he doesn't go out and get more that one QB that feeds his legacy!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Why do you say this?

I've been on the Geno bandwagon, but Tyler has always been a close 2nd to me. I would be thrilled if he were drafted at #1. I will let the coach figure out which one is the best for the Chiefs and I'll be buying the jersey that day.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302625)
The problem is that KC doesn't have a workable veteran to be the backup, or starter if necessary. Reid is forced to bring in a veteran immediately during FA. If he likes the vet a lot then it's possible he doesn't feel it necessary to HAVE to use that #1 on a QB.

We haven't drafted a 1st round QB in the 30 years. There's no reasonable scenario that says we don't HAVE to use that #1 on a QB.

ncCHIEFfan 01-10-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302683)
We haven't drafted a 1st round QB in the 30 years. There's no reasonable scenario that says we don't HAVE to use that #1 on a QB.

Sure it is. There is no other position worth the #1 pick either and everybody knows it so....Chiefs will have to make the pick and it will be a QB!

ToxSocks 01-10-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302683)

You're playing the role of negative nancy today, i see. No need for that. Don't let the media get you down.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncCHIEFfan (Post 9302687)
Sure it is. There is no other position worth the #1 pick either and everybody knows it so....Chiefs will have to make the pick and it will be a QB!

I think you misread what I wrote.

He said Reid may not feel like he HAS to draft a QB at #1.

I said there aren't any reasonable scenarios that I can think of that justify passing on a QB with our first and ONLY #1 overall pick.

htismaqe 01-10-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9302738)
You're playing the role of negative nancy today, i see. No need for that. Don't let the media get you down.

It's not a role.

I've just heard too much.

I feel defeated.

I honestly think we're gonna draft Joeckel.

Three7s 01-10-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302757)
It's not a role.

I feel defeated.

I had that same concern yesterday. I even made a thread comparing the Chiefs situation to the Dolphins in 2007 when they drafted Jake Long and passed on Matt Ryan. I bet they're still regretting that one.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302755)

I said there aren't any reasonable scenarios that I can think of that justify passing on a QB with our first and ONLY #1 overall pick.

I think the biggest scenario is if Reid and company don't think this years crop has a player worthy of that first rounder.

KC_Lee 01-10-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9302757)
It's not a role.

I feel defeated.

Keep the faith. Still need to get through the combine and personal workouts. Hang in there.