ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

mnchiefsguy 02-16-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8379150)

Wow..only six neg reps? I could have swore you had said more stupid things than that...I must have run out of rep or something...You sure are popular though, I will give you that.

mnchiefsguy 02-16-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8379153)
you're not very good at this are you?

Better than you.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8379157)
Wow..only six neg reps? I could have swore you had said more stupid things than that...I must have run out of rep or something...You sure are popular though, I will give you that.

Keep up the good fight.

You're really looking fresh and exciting.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-16-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8379153)
you're not very good at this are you?

Well, he's owned you quite well, so what does that say bout yourself?

mnchiefsguy 02-16-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8379160)
Keep up the good fight.

That was a winning post right there. Actually, I am done for tonight. Rest easy, Wickedson....you need to rest that brain, you have so many brilliant posts to share with us tomorrow.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8379161)
Well, he's owned you quite well, so what does that say bout yourself?

How so?

The only contention we had was when he said everyone said Kansas was being petty and stupid by not scheduling MU.

Then I posted this.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...uri/index.html

But then again, I'm not a professional interweb poster.

Bambi 02-16-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8379163)
That was a winning post right there. Actually, I am done for tonight. Rest easy, Wickedson....you need to rest that brain, you have so many brilliant posts to share with us tomorrow.

fo sho'

Saul Good 02-17-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8379150)

You should start a thread about this.

DaKCMan AP 02-17-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8378296)

What an awkwardly awful photo.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-17-2012 07:50 AM

Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
Kansas City No. 4 in viewership in men's basketball games on ESPN this season. Only city in top five west of Mississippi.

eazyb81 02-17-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8378296)
SEC football coaches picture day.

Chizik wearing his customary leather jacket and doing something weird with his hands.

Pinkel looks happy.

Slive looking like a creep with his hands on Spurrier's shoulders.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...ball/FCM11.jpg

LMAO

It's Christmas in February, the SEC coaches elementary school photo was just tweeted out by @sec_chuck

I always love this photo because it brings the most powerful men in Southern sports into one awkward 4th grade class photo. How do they decide on a seating arrangement? Who stands next to who? Recall last year's photo when Gene Chizik and Nick Saban were standing next to each other with a large gap between them. The picture truly spoke a thousand words.

So let's play one of our favorite games awkward fan photo -- remember the Alabama couple -- SEC coaches edition.

After all, it's only fair.

As always, I attempt to find awkward things in the photo and then y'all point out what I leave out.

1. Will Muschamp appears to have stolen Gene Chizik's leather jacket from last season.

I'm praying that there's a large interlocking UF on the back in blue and orange.

2. Gene Chizik is wearing a sling on his left arm.

Did an energy vampire sneak up on Gene?

Or perhaps this was inflicted by Muschamp in taking the leather jacket? If so, golf clap, it would be the only SEC victory over a coach with a winning record in Muschamp's coaching careeer.

3. Hugh Freeze is the only front row coach to cover his crotch this year.

In last year's version everyone but Dan Mullen covered their crotches.

Also, Freeze is wearing an Ole Miss coaches polo. Otherwise everyone would think he was Phil Mickelson's stunt double.

4. Bobby Petrino appears to be wearing three layers of shirts under his suit coat.

This makes perfect sense because otherwise Petrino's cryogenic heart would freeze.

Also, it's no surprise that Petrino's adam's apple is covered by a turtle neck since all predatory animals -- and Dwight Shrute from "The Office" -- view exposing the adam's apple as a sign of weakness.

5. Les Miles wore brown shoes with navy socks.

He also appears to be wearing shoulder pads in the photo.

Neither of these things is surprising.

6. SEC commissioner Mike Slive is the only man touching another man
His hands lightly rest on Steve Spurrier's shoulders.

In related news, Alabama fans have already inundated the SEC office with "your gay" emails addressed to the Commissioner.

7. The Mississippi State coaches sweater that Dan Mullen is wearing has a zipper.

Of course it does.

Buttons are bi-curious in Mississippi. Of course, so is literacy.

8. Gene Chizik is wearing a warm-up from Auburn's 1986 men's basketball program.

Just when you thought there was no way Chizik, who last year wore his AU leather jacket in this photo, could make a worse fashion decision for the class photo, he does.

Has Mrs. Chizik just given up with him? (Note, my wife says she's given up on me too).

9. Missouri's Gary Pinkel looks like he stole the valet's jacket just before this picture was taken.

You're in Birmingham, not the Arctic, Gary, I think you'll survive without the goose down.

10. Eleven of the 14 coaches wore jackets -- I'm counting Chizik's warm-up -- but neither man from Mississippi did.

This was entirely predictable as well. I'm just glad both men remembered shoes.

11. Mark Richt is the only coach with his hands in his pockets.

Richt also has no coat.

And look closely at him, he appears to be whispering, "Happy Valentine's
Day," to your wife.

12. If you start counting in the top left and finish counting in the far right, Derek Dooely is 15th.

Which is also where he ranks on a list of the 14 best coaches in the SEC.

Finally, SEC Chuck also Tweeted out this photo of Missouri's Gary Pinkel and Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin being united in holy matrimony.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon...hes%202012.jpg

http://outkickthecoverage.com/the-se...to-is-here.php

DaKCMan AP 02-17-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8379392)

6. SEC commissioner Mike Slive is the only man touching another man
His hands lightly rest on Steve Spurrier's shoulders.

In related news, Alabama fans have already inundated the SEC office with "your gay" emails addressed to the Commissioner.

12. If you start counting in the top left and finish counting in the far right, Derek Dooely is 15th.
Which is also where he ranks on a list of the 14 best coaches in the SEC.

ROFL

Saul Good 02-17-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8379336)
Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
Kansas City No. 4 in viewership in men's basketball games on ESPN this season. Only city in top five west of Mississippi.

Do you know where KC ranks in terms of markets without an NBA team?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-17-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8379480)
Do you know where KC ranks in terms of markets without an NBA team?

Nope.

Saul Good 02-17-2012 09:35 AM

Those pictures are cringe-inducing. What a terrible idea. Some ****ing good coaches, though. Wow.

Frazod 02-17-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8379392)
Finally, SEC Chuck also Tweeted out this photo of Missouri's Gary Pinkel and Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin being united in holy matrimony.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon...hes%202012.jpg

At least we know who the bitch in this relationship is. :D

kepp 02-17-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8379494)
At least we know who the bitch in this relationship is. :D

Sumlin looks like he's about one twitch away from going ballistic on someone.

KC native 02-17-2012 12:38 PM

Not getting involved in the douche off hat's going on in this thread right now.

But I just wanted to remark that only 5 out of 91 TCU football players failed the surprise drug test.

Discuss Thrower 02-17-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 8379791)
Not getting involved in the douche off hat's going on in this thread right now.

But I just wanted to remark that only 5 out of 91 TCU football players failed the surprise drug test.

Oil changes!!!

Pants 02-17-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8378475)
I don't have a dog in the fight but yes I feel they are.

LMAO

I love how you're always rooting for MU and always in their threads but you have no dog in the fight. So precious.

Here's one example of you being wrong.

Pants 02-17-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8379160)
Keep up the good fight.

Leave him a alone man. I don't think the dude has ever been right about anything in his time on CP.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 09:46 AM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...5_million.html

Not bad.

Al Bundy 02-18-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8379816)
LMAO

I love how you're always rooting for MU and always in their threads but you have no dog in the fight. So precious.

I really only do it to get under your skin. I work with mostly KU fans and I generally like them, so if KU wins and they are happy then I am happy for them. I just don't like you assholes.

baitism 02-18-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381054)

I would be shocked if it was anything less than 35 mil once the SEC Network is set up.

Dr. Gigglepants 02-18-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8379816)
LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Davis
Missouri's decision to go to the SEC was bad for college sports, bad for the Big 12 and certainly bad for Kansas. (I believe it will prove to be bad for Missouri, too, but only time will tell.) Coming on the heels of Texas A&M's decision to likewise bolt for the SEC, Missouri's defection almost put the Big 12 out of business. If the conference had dissolved, Kansas would have been in a tough spot. KU does not have an elite football program, so it would have been forced to beg leagues like the ACC and Big East to shoehorn the Jayhawks into their ranks. It would have been a sad moment for a proud school.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1mkf6SElg

When Seth Davis says the 4th God damn school to leave the conference in a year almost broke the conference it screams "I have an axe to grind with Mizzou." What is it with national guys like him and Gottlieb hating on Mizzou for no reason? Don't get me wrong, my feelings aren't hurt, but why do they give so many shits about Mizzou? Why are we so on their radar? Like we single handedly started all this conference realignment shit or something.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8381092)
When Seth Davis says the 4th God damn school to leave the conference in a year almost broke the conference it screams "I have an axe to grind with Mizzou." What is it with national guys like him and Gottlieb hating on Mizzou for no reason? Don't get me wrong, my feelings aren't hurt, but why do they give so many shits about Mizzou? Why are we so on their radar? Like we single handedly started all this conference realignment shit or something.

He's right other than it being bad for Mizzou.

mnchiefsguy 02-18-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381095)
He's right other than it being bad for Mizzou.

I do not think Mizzou's leaving ever really put the Big XII in any danger. As long as Texas and OU want the Big XII, it will exist. The problem for the XII is that Texas and OU change their mind more often than a woman shopping in Bloomingdales.

mnchiefsguy 02-18-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8381092)

Seth Davis seems to be the only major pundit KU fans can find that back their position...this is the only article Wickedson and company ever cite.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8381115)
I do not think Mizzou's leaving ever really put the Big XII in any danger. As long as Texas and OU want the Big XII, it will exist. The problem for the XII is that Texas and OU change their mind more often than a woman shopping in Bloomingdales.

When Mizzou left, so did the last two major media markets outside of Texas.

The biggest now are OKC, Des Moines, and half of KC. Texas will bolt as soon as the Longhorn Network is pronounced dead.

Spott 02-18-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8381116)
Seth Davis seems to be the only major pundit KU fans can find that back their position...this is the only article Wickedson and company ever cite.

I can't believe she even quotes that article. She has reminded everyone on this board over and over that they have an elite football program with a huge national following.

mnchiefsguy 02-18-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381128)
When Mizzou left, so did the last two major media markets outside of Texas.

The biggest now are OKC, Des Moines, and half of KC. Texas will bolt as soon as the Longhorn Network is pronounced dead.

I don't disagree with that. However, Texas is going to bolt regardless of what Mizzou was going to do, so you cannot blame Mizzou for the potential downfall of the conference.

WilliamTheIrish 02-18-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8378698)
Actually, every KU fan I work with are disappointed they don't get to play MU anymore. One of your new "rivals" is about to get bombed back into oblivion because of drug sales on their campus. West Virginia has had a pretty good football program over the years but they are in the Big 12 to play Texas and Oklahoma. Basketball is an afterthought to them.

Basketball is an afterthought to WVU?

Saul Good 02-18-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8381139)
I don't disagree with that. However, Texas is going to bolt regardless of what Mizzou was going to do, so you cannot blame Mizzou for the potential downfall of the conference.

I don't "blame" Mizzou. Mizzou took a better deal in a better conference. Texas simply isn't going to subsidize the rest of the schools forever.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 8381148)
Basketball is an afterthought to WVU?

Texas and Oklahoma

Braincase 02-18-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381154)
I don't "blame" Mizzou. Mizzou took a better deal in a better conference. Texas simply isn't going to subsidize the rest of the schools forever.

KU's AD told Mizzou's AD and President that if Mizzou leaves the conference, the series is over. He wasn't bluffing. Mizzou made their choice. What part of that don't you understand?

Saul Good 02-18-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8381317)
KU's AD told Mizzou's AD and President that if Mizzou leaves the conference, the series is over. He wasn't bluffing. Mizzou made their choice. What part of that don't you understand?

What did my post have to do with playing Kansas?

Braincase 02-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381334)

You're right. I was mistaken about the context.

Spott 02-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381334)

Absolutely nothing.

Saul Good 02-18-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8381346)
You're right. I was mistaken about the context.

Yay, I win!

Braincase 02-18-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8381350)
Yay, I win!

I'll admit when I'm wrong. I'm not that much of an asshole.

Saul Good 02-24-2012 07:09 PM

BYU and Louisville to the Big XII? The BYU rivals guy seems to think so.

Http://byu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1335173

kstater 02-28-2012 04:46 PM

Essentially $12.9M each from A&M and Missouri. 12.4 plus their cut of the officials(500k).

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205388681

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=10410

Pitt Gorilla 02-28-2012 04:47 PM

Exit fees set: Mizzou to have $12.41 million withheld by the league. In related news, the SEC still doesn't have "exit fees."

Bambi 02-28-2012 05:07 PM

Read that Dick Ebersol is going to be the next commissioner of the Big 12 and is trying to bring Notre Dame with him.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8405758)
Read that Dick Ebersol is going to be the next commissioner of the Big 12 and is trying to bring Notre Dame with him.

That chicken...keep ****ing it.

Bambi 02-28-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8405766)
That chicken...keep ****ing it.

Who knows. Not my theory.

mnchiefsguy 02-28-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8405706)
Essentially $12.9M each from A&M and Missouri. 12.4 plus their cut of the officials(500k).

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205388681

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=10410

Sounds like the fees for the officials are paid every year, it indicates Mizzou has paid that in the past, so that is more akin to paying for services rendered I expect.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 05:54 PM

I won't believe it until Chip Brown says it. Until then, it's $30 million like he said last week.

HolyHandgernade 02-28-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8405707)
Exit fees set: Mizzou to have $12.41 million withheld by the league. In related news, the SEC still doesn't have "exit fees."

No, but I bet if you decided to leave the SEC for some strange reason after they signed a huge deal for a TV network that put a contingency upon the rest of the conference, they would sue the hell out of you.

HolyHandgernade 02-28-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8405849)
I won't believe it until Chip Brown says it. Until then, it's $30 million like he said last week.

Wasn't the 7-9 million many of the Mizzou people thought it would be either, because that was precedent.

By the way, this does include MU and A&M not getting the up front money from the 2nd Tier contract, which would put the penalty closer to 24 million. Of course, since they never released those funds yet, it isn't something that is actually paid back.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8405849)

I believe he said $30 million total for both schools, didn't he? $25.8 isn't too far off.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8406020)
No, but I bet if you decided to leave the SEC for some strange reason after they signed a huge deal for a TV network that put a contingency upon the rest of the conference, they would sue the hell out of you.

Not going to happen. No team would ever walk away from the money tree. That's the point.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8406030)
Wasn't the 7-9 million many of the Mizzou people thought it would be either, because that was precedent.

Some here expected to get out for under $5 million or even with no penalty because MU wasn't damaging the conference.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406047)
I believe he said $30 million total for both schools, didn't he? $25.8 isn't too far off.

Each

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406054)
Each

Ahh, I thought it was total for both. $60 million each is ridiculous to think.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406053)
Some here expected to get out for under $5 million or even with no penalty because MU wasn't damaging the conference.

I don't think anyone expected it, but I know I said I would use that as a starting point in the negotiation. This is a win for both schools.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406054)
Each

Incorrect actually...unless you have another link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8375959)
Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

A source in the Big 12 tells Orangebloods.com the combined exit fees of Missouri and Texas A&M will total between $31 mil and $34 mil.

kstater 02-28-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

A source in the Big 12 tells Orangebloods.com the combined exit fees of Missouri and Texas A&M will total between $31 mil and $34 mil.

Where does it say each?

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406058)
Ahh, I thought it was total for both. $60 million each is ridiculous to think.

Still no. $30 million each. $60 million total.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406068)
Still no. $30 million each. $60 million total.

Obviously I meant $60 million total. Either way, you were wrong to begin with.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8406067)
Where does it say each?

That's what he's saying now. A few weeks ago, he was saying $30 million each.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406074)

Uhh, that was from 2 weeks ago.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406072)
Obviously I meant $60 million total. Either way, you were wrong to begin with.

No. I was correct. He is saying something different now than what he said earlier.

kstater 02-28-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406074)

The tweet I just quoted is from 2-15

kstater 02-28-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406076)
No. I was correct. He is saying something different now than what he said earlier.

Then back it up. Show us.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406076)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406075)
Uhh, that was from 2 weeks ago.

Quote:

Chip Brown @ChipBrownOB

Show us where he was saying $30 million each a "couple weeks ago" that was before his 2 weeks ago post about $31-$34 million total.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:43 PM

A simple "Oh shit, I read it wrong originally" would suffice for an apology.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406084)

I'm looking. If I'm wrong, I'll own it.

Old Dog 02-28-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406084)

And Mizzou is paying more than Nebraska did, correct? :evil:

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8406091)
And Mizzou is paying more than Nebraska did, correct? :evil:

Yup. By about $5 million if I remember correctly.

mnchiefsguy 02-28-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8406030)

By the way, this does include MU and A&M not getting the up front money from the 2nd Tier contract, which would put the penalty closer to 24 million. Of course, since they never released those funds yet, it isn't something that is actually paid back.

The bolded is not exactly true. Mizzou does not get the upfront payment, but Mizzou will not be in the conference, so Mizzou will not be penalized there, as they will be getting 2nd tier SEC money instead of second tier Big XII money. But if it feels better for you to puff your chest and say 24 million, go right ahead.

Old Dog 02-28-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406097)

check your rep, LOL

Saul Good 02-28-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8406097)

Mizzou isn't "paying" more. We are forfeiting a payout that would have been larger than the payout Nebraska forfeited. I can't find shit on Orangebloods from my mobile, BTW. Almost positive Chip reported $30 mill each.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8406117)
Mizzou isn't "paying" more. We are forfeiting a payout that would have been larger than the payout Nebraska forfeited. I can't find shit on Orangebloods from my mobile, BTW. Almost positive Chip reported $30 mill each.

I'm sorry. I'll retract.

MU is forfeiting more money than Nebraska. Not sure how that is much different from paying the money, but whatever. Either way, MU is losing more money than NU.

Mr. Plow 02-28-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8406114)
check your rep, LOL

I agree.

kstater 02-28-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8361950)
Mizzou will likely pay less than Nebraska. We left a broken league with only nine teams. We signed an agreement to be in a league with a specific twelve teams.

Then, Neinas was dumb enough to trash Mizzou on multiple occasions when we had said nothing other than we are proud members of the Big XII. Mike Alden and Brady Deaton just sat there and let Neinas push us out the door. Mizzou will likely start negotiating from the position that the conference acted against us and that no exit fees are owed. Nebraska's fees are the ceiling.

Huh

kstater 02-28-2012 08:04 PM

Lil' ole K-State just wrapped up the 6-0 sweep against outgoing teams.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-28-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8406140)
Lil' ole K-State just wrapped up the 6-0 sweep against outgoing teams.

But I was told Missouri is "ascending"?

mnchiefsguy 02-28-2012 08:08 PM

I will admit I am surprised that the amount was over 10 million. Probably wanted to get a deal done sooner rather than later, and they settled on the figure they did.

Saul Good 02-28-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8406132)
Huh

We settled for more than I thought. I think we would have paid less had we fought it, but there is always the risk of getting slammed for a lot more. This is a fair deal for both sides.