ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

vailpass 08-13-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8814617)

Dear GRRM,
Less talky, more writey, so you finish before you are deady.
Sincerely,
Lots of People

Pants 08-13-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8814887)
Dear GRRM,
Less talky, more writey, so you finish before you are deady.
Sincerely,
Lots of People

ROFL

keg in kc 11-15-2012 06:57 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y_FLo4BU6q...O+Season+3.jpg

Swanman 11-16-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9121824)

I came.

mdchiefsfan 11-16-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

I risked entering the spoilers thread to see if this is why the thread was bumped.... Worth it!

vailpass 11-16-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Gods be good. A man can't wait.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2012 01:32 PM

*Splooge*

DJ's left nut 11-18-2012 09:00 PM

I might honestly consider getting HBO just for the months this is on.

Storm of Swords adapted to HBO is going to be absolutely incredible and I want to see the real-time reactions of the uninitiated so badly.

Brock 11-18-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

A reason to stay alive.

keg in kc 11-19-2012 11:01 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsmUpYIA99o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hawk 11-19-2012 06:31 PM

Four months....

mnchiefsguy 11-20-2012 01:17 AM

Season two is up for pre-order on amazon. $71.98 for season two, big price increase. It does not come out until Feb. though, so hopefully the price will start to come down in the next couple of months.

vailpass 11-20-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9135629)
Season two is up for pre-order on amazon. $71.98 for season two, big price increase. It does not come out until Feb. though, so hopefully the price will start to come down in the next couple of months.

Or free on HBO GO which is free with HBO. Why not sign up for a month of HBO and watch Season 1 and 2? They even have the 'added features' editions.

MagicHef 11-21-2012 12:57 PM

So who are the 3? It seems fairly obvious at this point that Dany and Jon are 2 of them, who is the other? Aegon, Bran, Arya?

Aegon has the blood, Bran may have been "reborn" when he emerged from under Winterfell, Arya has been reborn plenty of times (Arry, Weasel, No One, Cat).

Anyone else?

Swanman 11-21-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9139492)
So who are the 3? It seems fairly obvious at this point that Dany and Jon are 2 of them, who is the other? Aegon, Bran, Arya?

Aegon has the blood, Bran may have been "reborn" when he emerged from under Winterfell, Arya has been reborn plenty of times (Arry, Weasel, No One, Cat).

Anyone else?

Tyrion is another possibility.

Pants 11-21-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9139492)

Anyone else?

***ADWD SPOILER***

Spoiler!

mnchiefsguy 11-21-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9137150)
Or free on HBO GO which is free with HBO. Why not sign up for a month of HBO and watch Season 1 and 2? They even have the 'added features' editions.

I have season 1 on blu-ray. This series is one of the all time greats for me, so I want it in a hi-def format that I can watch whenever. :thumb:

The Poz 11-21-2012 01:59 PM

In about a months time I'll have some serious dish on season 3.
I'll be working on it! Either in December or early January we'll start receiving footage.
I'll throw a couple Chiefs in a few backgrounds.

NewChief 11-21-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9139647)
In about a months time I'll have some serious dish on season 3.
I'll be working on it! Either in December or early January we'll start receiving footage.
I'll throw a couple Chiefs in a few backgrounds.

Are you doing some of the CGI work?

The Poz 11-21-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9139649)
Are you doing some of the CGI work?

yep

NewChief 11-21-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9139651)
yep

Sweet! You need to put Pioli in there.

And were YOU responsible for the George Bush head? ;)

The Poz 11-21-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9139657)
Sweet! You need to put Pioli in there.

And were YOU responsible for the George Bush head? ;)

Next guy that gets the axe will be Pioli. :thumb:
This is the first season of GoT for our company. We've worked on Borgias, Nikita, Titanic and also films Breaking Dawn, Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer, Resident Evil and I'm now on the latest Robert Redford flick, All Is Lost. We're also getting Robocop.
Busy times.

MagicHef 11-21-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9139565)
***ADWD SPOILER***

Spoiler!

The thread is labeled as a spoiler, I don't think you need the tags.

Jon is likely dead. But, if he's going to be Azor Ahai reborn, he needs to be reborn.

Griff could be an imposter, but Varys believes him to be real. He told Kevan that he was real before killing him, no need to lie to someone you're about to kill. Either Varys (who was responsible for replacing him before Gregor got there) is being fooled, or he's really Aegon.

Hawk 11-26-2012 07:01 AM

I think he's the real Aegon, but for some reason I feel like he will die or somethng will happen to get him out of the picture.

MagicHef 11-27-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9153135)
I think he's the real Aegon, but for some reason I feel like he will die or somethng will happen to get him out of the picture.

I wouldn't be surprised. I feel like we know nothing about him, we only know what others (Varys, Illyrio, etc.) have done for him.

I was thinking, what exactly is Patchface? He was bloated like a corpse when they found him, he can predict the future (he predicted the red wedding), and no one actually knows if he's the same fool that was bought by Steffon, since everyone but Patchface died.

Swanman 11-27-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9139790)
The thread is labeled as a spoiler, I don't think you need the tags.

Jon is likely dead. But, if he's going to be Azor Ahai reborn, he needs to be reborn.

Griff could be an imposter, but Varys believes him to be real. He told Kevan that he was real before killing him, no need to lie to someone you're about to kill. Either Varys (who was responsible for replacing him before Gregor got there) is being fooled, or he's really Aegon.

No one really dies for good in their own POV chapter so far in the series, so I expect he will be back in some form.

MagicHef 11-27-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9139527)
Tyrion is another possibility.

Huh. Dany's mom died in labor. If the theory about Jon is true, his mom died in labor. Tyrion's mom died in labor.

Setsuna 11-27-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9139696)
Next guy that gets the axe will be Pioli. :thumb:
This is the first season of GoT for our company. We've worked on Borgias, Nikita, Titanic and also films Breaking Dawn, Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer, Resident Evil and I'm now on the latest Robert Redford flick, All Is Lost. We're also getting Robocop.
Busy times.

That baby in Breaking Dawn was absolute horrid. Hope you had nothing to do with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9156870)
Huh. Dany's mom died in labor. If the theory about Jon is true, his mom died in labor. Tyrion's mom died in labor.

Tyrion would be the worst one to be a head. People need to get that out of their heads. He will never be anything more than he is now. Maybe he'll be the only one to inherit CR when Jamie kills Cersei. The thirds is probably Aegon or some dark horse like Darkstar or something.

MagicHef 11-27-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9157645)
Tyrion would be the worst one to be a head. People need to get that out of their heads. He will never be anything more than he is now. Maybe he'll be the only one to inherit CR when Jamie kills Cersei. The thirds is probably Aegon or some dark horse like Darkstar or something.

There are a lot of possibilities.

There is a theory (which I don't really believe) that Tyrion is not really Tywin's son, but Aery's. He is described as having hair so light blond it's almost white, and he is shown to have a morbid fascination with dragons, much like every Targaryen ever. Also, Tywin does proclaim that Tyrion is not his son several times, though it seems that this is not meant to be taken literally.

The Poz 11-27-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9157645)
That baby in Breaking Dawn was absolute horrid. Hope you had nothing to do with that.

How would you know :p

No, our company had nothing to do with the baby or any of the face replacements. It did look awful.

Hawk 11-28-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9158345)

There is a theory (which I don't really believe) that Tyrion is not really Tywin's son, but Aery's. He is described as having hair so light blond it's almost white, and he is shown to have a morbid fascination with dragons, much like every Targaryen ever. Also, Tywin does proclaim that Tyrion is not his son several times, though it seems that this is not meant to be taken literally.

Early in ADWD as he's on the road with Ilyrio to go see Dany, Tyrion has a dream that he is in a battle fighting alongside Barristan the Bold with dragons flying over head, and in the dream he has "two heads, neither of which has a nose..."

Made me wonder if it was a clue that he could somehow be one of the heads of the dragon since dragons don't have a nose either. Or it could be more misdirection from GRRM (which seems likely since other parts of the dream didn't make much sense).

duncan_idaho 11-28-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9131660)
I might honestly consider getting HBO just for the months this is on.

Storm of Swords adapted to HBO is going to be absolutely incredible and I want to see the real-time reactions of the uninitiated so badly.

I saw this this weekend. My brother-in-law just started reading them a month or so ago. He's not a big reader (it took him 3 months to read Keith Richards' auto-biography, and he's a huge Stones fan) and just got into the meaty parts of SoS.

We were talking about the series, and he mentioned that Catelyn and Robb were on their way to see those one guys about that one thing. Then started reading. So I made sure to stay within viewing distance of him while he was reading.

It was pretty awesome.

Pants 11-28-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9158952)
I saw this this weekend. My brother-in-law just started reading them a month or so ago. He's not a big reader (it took him 3 months to read Keith Richards' auto-biography, and he's a huge Stones fan) and just got into the meaty parts of SoS.

We were talking about the series, and he mentioned that Catelyn and Robb were on their way to see those one guys about that one thing. Then started reading. So I made sure to stay within viewing distance of him while he was reading.

It was pretty awesome.

That back and forth sequence between Arya's and Sandor's POV chapters leading up to the wedding was some of the most traumatizing reading I have ever experienced.

Setsuna 11-28-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9158345)

I hear you, I do. But think about Tywin for a moment. Do you really think a man such as him would tolerate someone else's son, especially a lunatic like Aerys, to use his name and reputation and money so willingly instead of throwing him off a cliff when he was born? I highly, highly doubt as such. He already had Jamie, his golden child had already been born. There is no other explanation than that he is actually his son.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 9158455)
How would you know :p

No, our company had nothing to do with the baby or any of the face replacements. It did look awful.

I saw the movie is how I know. Is that a problem?

MagicHef 11-29-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9160512)
I hear you, I do. But think about Tywin for a moment. Do you really think a man such as him would tolerate someone else's son, especially a lunatic like Aerys, to use his name and reputation and money so willingly instead of throwing him off a cliff when he was born? I highly, highly doubt as such. He already had Jamie, his golden child had already been born. There is no other explanation than that he is actually his son.

Just for the sake of argument,there must be something keeping Tywin from killing Tyrion already. He has always despised Tyrion for being a dwarf and for causing Joanna to die. Perhaps whatever it is that is keeping him from killing the Tyrion that is his son would be enough to keep him from killing the Tyrion that is not.

Or, maybe Tywin doesn't know.

DJ's left nut 11-29-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9160804)
Just for the sake of argument,there must be something keeping Tywin from killing Tyrion already. He has always despised Tyrion for being a dwarf and for causing Joanna to die. Perhaps whatever it is that is keeping him from killing the Tyrion that is his son would be enough to keep him from killing the Tyrion that is not.

Or, maybe Tywin doesn't know.

Only possible option, IMO.

I think Tyrion probably is his son and that's the only reason he hasn't killed him off. And even then, it's not paternal affection, but that the whole 'kinslaying' thing is clearly very frowned upon.

Then again, GRRM is a dick, so he's probably just screwing with us all and it turns out that the headless corpse of Ned is going to be Azor Ahai reborn. Why? Because **** you, that's why.

Bowser 11-29-2012 02:02 PM

I'll give DJ this - he has been steadfast with his hate of GRRM. LMAO

DJ's left nut 11-29-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9161775)
I'll give DJ this - he has been steadfast with his hate of GRRM. LMAO

Don't kill Grey Wind and we're cool, George.

MagicHef 11-29-2012 02:26 PM

I'm starting to read through the series for the second time, and I've realized something:

I really do not like Robert.

He maintains that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna and no one disagrees, which makes it easy to believe that he is right. However, who would disagree with the King on something like that? Barristan obviously has a different view of the events, and we slowly learn that most of the realm was eager for Rhaegar to take the throne.

We see that he didn't really know Lyanna at all, believing her personality to be much different than Ned knows it is. Even Cersei liked him when they were first married, but he couldn't be bothered to love her, and just lets her know that she will never be the "Lyanna" he's created in his head.

Most of the characters, even the antagonists, act out of duty or love for family or friends. Even Tywin and Cercei do much of their "evil" stuff to benefit their family. However, I'm struggling to find a single act of Robert's that is not 100% selfish.

MagicHef 11-29-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9161779)
Don't kill Grey Wind and we're cool, George.

I'm just waiting for reanimated Robb's body with Grey Wind's head to show up somewhere.

keg in kc 12-03-2012 01:24 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2yj0e0r_yLI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 12-03-2012 02:31 PM

A few screens featuring new characters:

Queen of Thorns

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dWKqVRB_Z0...nna+Tyrell.jpg

Missandei

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i7I4a0uh8U.../Missendai.jpg

Meera:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qJrmGbgkaH...Meera+Reed.jpg

Meera and Jojen:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Joz2a8xi5j...1600/Reeds.jpg

Baby Lee 12-03-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9176515)

http://www.pokergaming.cz/Users/rada..._ectoplasm.jpg

Pants 12-03-2012 10:10 PM

Meera and Jojen = perfect casting, IMO.

Setsuna 12-04-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9178402)
Meera and Jojen = perfect casting, IMO.

Agreed. So if you guys haven't been here http://asoiaf.westeros.org/, do so. It is amazing.

But anywho, someone on said forum was saying how Aemon said something like, "Cold sustains." I was thinking that maybe Jon is in like stasis due to the intense cold. Remember how his wound was steaming? That means it must've been hella cold there. So maybe he jumps to Ghost and when they are about to burn his body, he like comes out of the flames with minimal damage, essentially unscathed for the most part and is "reborn"? That would be good if it hadn't already been done for Dany though. But people have great ideas there.

Pants 12-04-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9178849)
Agreed. So if you guys haven't been here http://asoiaf.westeros.org/, do so. It is amazing.

But anywho, someone on said forum was saying how Aemon said something like, "Cold sustains." I was thinking that maybe Jon is in like stasis due to the intense cold. Remember how his wound was steaming? That means it must've been hella cold there. So maybe he jumps to Ghost and when they are about to burn his body, he like comes out of the flames with minimal damage, essentially unscathed for the most part and is "reborn"? That would be good if it hadn't already been done for Dany though. But people have great ideas there.

You mean it was freezing cold by the wall where it's always freezing cold? :clap:

I have no idea how GRRM is going to make it happen, but it's probably a pretty safe bet that Jon will be Azor Ahai reborn. If he's not, it's probably George read the forums and found out the general consensus and will go with something completely different to **** with us. What if he makes Cersei Azor Ahai? People would probably start burning the books, haha.

Hawk 12-04-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9178882)
You mean it was freezing cold by the wall where it's always freezing cold? :clap:

I have no idea how GRRM is going to make it happen, but it's probably a pretty safe bet that Jon will be Azor Ahai reborn. If he's not, it's probably George read the forums and found out the general consensus and will go with something completely different to **** with us. What if he makes Cersei Azor Ahai? People would probably start burning the books, haha.

The part about awakening dragons from stone though just doesn't fit Jon but fits Dany perfectly, plus the red comet came when the dragons were born and Maester Aemon was convinced it was Dany, plus she sacrificed her loved one like Azor ahai (though granted, she suffocated him first).

I think Jon will be saved by Mel like Beric and Undead Catelyn were by Thoros and Victarion was by the red priest on his ship. But because Jon was able to warg into Ghost instead of actually dying, he will still have all of his complete mental and emotional faculties when he goes back into his reanimated body and thus won't be as affected by zombieness as he might have otherwise been.

Of course it's all guesswork at this point...

keg in kc 12-04-2012 12:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Shots of season 3 in this new 2012 review/2013 promo from HBO...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vunHGx-BZgw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Being in an altruistic mood, I took some screenshots for you fine people so you don't have to watch the whole thing:

Red Brooklyn 12-04-2012 12:23 PM

That one of Dany with her army gave me chills. This is going to amazing.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-04-2012 03:58 PM

Yep, can't wait for this!!!

MagicHef 12-04-2012 04:00 PM

Is all the talk of "we always thought it would be a success to get through season 3" a little worrisome to anyone else?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-04-2012 04:02 PM

Nope, not at all.

Red Brooklyn 12-04-2012 04:52 PM

Yeah, no.

Hawk 12-04-2012 09:06 PM

I think they need to get through season 4 since it will cover the last half of book 3.

But I think they make it to the end, their ratings have been good and so many people have now read the books. It's a built in audience. I'm optimistic!

keg in kc 12-04-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9180692)
Is all the talk of "we always thought it would be a success to get through season 3" a little worrisome to anyone else?

I took that to mean "we always thought if the show could survive to that point, then it would really explode, because that's the most awesome point in the books".

Red Brooklyn 12-05-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9181457)
I took that to mean "we always thought if the show could survive to that point, then it would really explode, because that's the most awesome point in the books".

Me too.

Which is why I'm thrilled the show has been so amazing so far. This is going to blow the thing wide open.

Now the only draw back is Martin, himself. Even if each book gets 2 seasons from here on out, I'm not sure he'll write fast enough to finish. It'll be interesting to see how HBO handles that.

Will they end it themselves? Create new stories and spin wheels until the books are done? Go on hiatus until new books are done?

But that's all way in the future. For now, S3 looks like it's shaping up to be everything I hoped it would.

MagicHef 12-05-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9182060)
Me too.

Which is why I'm thrilled the show has been so amazing so far. This is going to blow the thing wide open.

Now the only draw back is Martin, himself. Even if each book gets 2 seasons from here on out, I'm not sure he'll write fast enough to finish. It'll be interesting to see how HBO handles that.

Will they end it themselves? Create new stories and spin wheels until the books are done? Go on hiatus until new books are done?

But that's all way in the future. For now, S3 looks like it's shaping up to be everything I hoped it would.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not too worried about the show catching the books, with 2 seasons per book, that gives 6 years until the show reaches the end of DwD. WoW will be done by then, so that's 8 years. Will the show still exist in 8 years? The actors will be too old.

Red Brooklyn 12-05-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9182401)
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm not too worried about the show catching the books, with 2 seasons per book, that gives 6 years until the show reaches the end of DwD. WoW will be done by then, so that's 8 years. Will the show still exist in 8 years? The actors will be too old.

Actor age is certainly a concern. Especially the kids. But they could always recast. Or (I'd prefer) just adjust the storytelling so that it spans more years than the books.

But, you question is a good one. Will the show still exist in 8 years? And if it doesn't, how will HBO end it? Will they give it an ending, or just let it stop where the material stops?

keg in kc 12-05-2012 12:24 PM

I'm more concerned with massive fan blowback from RW and LS. There's going to be a lot of melting down at the end of the season.

Swanman 12-05-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9182401)

Feast won't get two seasons. Most likely, Feast and Dance with Dragons will span two seasons with Dance getting a majority of the time. Plus you have the concurrent storylines during those two books.

MagicHef 12-05-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9182592)
I'm more concerned with massive fan blowback from RW and LS. There's going to be a lot of melting down at the end of the season.

Do you think LS will be in this season? I assumed that would be season 4.

That is, if you mean what I think you mean by 'LS'

keg in kc 12-05-2012 02:15 PM

Well, CS becomes LS at the same time as RW, or at least the initial event that leads to LS's eventual appearance.

In fact, that might be a hell of a way to end the season. Imagine that as a cliffhanger. LS rising out of the water.

keg in kc 12-05-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9182789)
Feast won't get two seasons. Most likely, Feast and Dance with Dragons will span two seasons with Dance getting a majority of the time. Plus you have the concurrent storylines during those two books.

Those books are each so long that I would be shocked if we didn't end up with at least 3 seasons combined between the two.

Unless they start going with longer seasons, say 16 eps instead of 12.

MagicHef 12-05-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9182895)
Well, CS becomes LS at the same time as RW, or at least the initial event that leads to LS's eventual appearance.

In fact, that might be a hell of a way to end the season. Imagine that as a cliffhanger. LS rising out of the water.

It isn't shown in the book until the epilogue. One of the things that made it so stunning and memorable was the "timespan" that occurred between the two events, where the reader assumes she's gone. If she was back shortly after the RW, I don't know if it would have the same effect.

It would be an incredible last scene for a season, though.

duncan_idaho 12-05-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9160512)

I saw the movie is how I know. Is that a problem?

I could see Tywin allowing that rather than letting it be known throughout the kingdom that his beloved wife was raped by the mad king.

Honor and name and being feared and all of that...

keg in kc 12-05-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9182915)
It isn't shown in the book until the epilogue. One of the things that made it so stunning and memorable was the "timespan" that occurred between the two events, where the reader assumes she's gone. If she was back shortly after the RW, I don't know if it would have the same effect.

It would be an incredible last scene for a season, though.

I'd forgotten it was the very end of the book. I knew a few days passed, to explain her appearance, but for some reason I was thinking it was a few chapters, not half the book.

My thinking was RW would happen similar to the events of Baelor - i.e. not ending the season with it - then you'd have an entire finale episode, with her being the final scene, but maybe that would be too soon.

This all raises the big question of how they'll handle RW. I don't think you'd want to end the season with that. You need at least another episode, or I think you risk a portion of the audience tuning out for good.

Frazod 12-05-2012 04:14 PM

I so wish I'd never read these books now. It would be so cool to be able to look forward to the show not knowing what's going to happen. :(

Swanman 12-05-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9183174)
I so wish I'd never read these books now. It would be so cool to be able to look forward to the show not knowing what's going to happen. :(

The youtube reaction videos after the RW episode are going to be epic, if the videos after Ned's death are any indication.

Swanman 12-05-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9183172)
I'd forgotten it was the very end of the book. I knew a few days passed, to explain her appearance, but for some reason I was thinking it was a few chapters, not half the book.

My thinking was RW would happen similar to the events of Baelor - i.e. not ending the season with it - then you'd have an entire finale episode, with her being the final scene, but maybe that would be too soon.

This all raises the big question of how they'll handle RW. I don't think you'd want to end the season with that. You need at least another episode, or I think you risk a portion of the audience tuning out for good.

I just refreshed myself on the plot a bit and a couple good endings to Season 3 would be Arya finding the ship and giving over the coin or Dany's dragon attack. Season 4 will obviously end with Tyrion doing what he has to do after his escape.

Pants 12-05-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9183188)
The youtube reaction videos after the RW episode are going to be epic, if the videos after Ned's death are any indication.

Especially given the fact that they built Robb's character so much. Everyone says how ASoS is their favorite book of the series, but I was ****ing depressed for days after the RW. That book left a bad taste in my mouth.

vailpass 12-06-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9182895)

Great call. That would be the shit for sure, especially to those who haven't read the books.

Hawk 12-06-2012 02:57 PM

They are going to have to show how she is brought back or else it won't make sense to viewers. Speculation is Beric Dondarrion sacrifices himself to give his ability to escape death to her which is how she ends up leading Beric's band (at least it appears she is leading them when she kills that Frey guy in the epilogue). Maybe we'll get something explicit in the show because it won't make a lot of sense for her to just pop up and be alive again.

MagicHef 12-06-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9185634)
They are going to have to show how she is brought back or else it won't make sense to viewers. Speculation is Beric Dondarrion sacrifices himself to give his ability to escape death to her which is how she ends up leading Beric's band (at least it appears she is leading them when she kills that Frey guy in the epilogue). Maybe we'll get something explicit in the show because it won't make a lot of sense for her to just pop up and be alive again.

You haven't read past SoS? It's explained later how she is back, and she is undoubtedly leading the Brotherhood without Banners.

Red Brooklyn 12-06-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9185827)
You haven't read past SoS? It's explained later how she is back

I've read every book. But I don't recall the specifics. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

MagicHef 12-06-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 9185898)
I've read every book. But I don't recall the specifics. Would you mind refreshing my memory?

Thoros, after Brienne wakes and everyone in the BwB is taking orders from LS: "When we found her by the river she was three days dead. Harwin begged me to give her the kiss of life, but it had been too long. I would not do it, so Lord Beric put his lips to hers instead, and the flame of life passed from him to her."

That is near the end of A Feast for Crows, so it's been basically an entire book between readers finding out she's "alive" and finding out how it happened.

Red Brooklyn 12-06-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9185974)
Thoros, after Brienne wakes and everyone in the BwB is taking orders from LS: "When we found her by the river she was three days dead. Harwin begged me to give her the kiss of life, but it had been too long. I would not do it, so Lord Beric put his lips to hers instead, and the flame of life passed from him to her."

Awesome. Thank you.

I remembered that there was an explanation, but I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

Setsuna 12-07-2012 02:18 AM

Screw LS. Bloodraven will be epic and people will rejoice. But you know what guys? If they need a break or something for the books. They could do the Dunk and Egg tales as a season. Now that would be very, very shway.

TrickyNicky 12-07-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9187152)
Screw LS. Bloodraven will be epic and people will rejoice. But you know what guys? If they need a break or something for the books. They could do the Dunk and Egg tales as a season. Now that would be very, very shway.

In a perfect world, ASoS would be two seasons with the first dunk and egg tale as a HBO movie in between them.

Hawk 12-07-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9185974)

That is near the end of A Feast for Crows, so it's been basically an entire book between readers finding out she's "alive" and finding out how it happened.

Excellent, thanks, I forgot that it was that explicit in the books though I was thinking that Beric had done something like that.

I've read AFFC, but it's been a while and I read it quickly the first time through wanting to know what happened next. I'm re-reading AFFC and ADWD right now simlutaneously following a chapter list for that purpose that I got from the Tower of the Hand site. I'm enjoying the re-read because I can focus in more on the details and foreshadowing, and I like doing the two books combined since I get all the characters that way. More like how the show would do it I guess.

mnchiefsguy 12-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 9187346)
Excellent, thanks, I forgot that it was that explicit in the books though I was thinking that Beric had done something like that.

I've read AFFC, but it's been a while and I read it quickly the first time through wanting to know what happened next. I'm re-reading AFFC and ADWD right now simlutaneously following a chapter list for that purpose that I got from the Tower of the Hand site. I'm enjoying the re-read because I can focus in more on the details and foreshadowing, and I like doing the two books combined since I get all the characters that way. More like how the show would do it I guess.

Do you have a link for that re-read chapter list. That seems to be very cool, given that the two books are going on at the same time. Thanks!