ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is a ****ing zoo-jam packed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349462)

KCUnited 08-15-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 17058013)
Son has a hockey tournament in South Bend beginning of December and I'm trying to decide if I should fly to O'Hare or Midway out of Phoenix. Any suggestions, seems Midway is a little closer to South Bend but never been to Midway, always O'Hare.

Midway 100x out of 100

Only time you should fly into Ohare is if you plan on catching the train into the city and don't need a car

And you're going to drive right by Midway from Ohare anyway so unless there's a significant cost difference, you're choice is clear

Rain Man 08-15-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17058016)
Midway 100x out of 100

Only time you should fly into Ohare is if you plan on catching the train into the city and don't need a car

And you're going to drive right by Midway from Ohare anyway so unless there's a significant cost difference, you're choice is clear

Agreed. Midway is a lot easier to navigate, at least if you have a connection. I've mostly used Chicago as a connection point, so I don't know about parking and ground transportation.

Spott 08-15-2023 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17057557)
No business. Have a pilot running for one of my potential clients in the city. Big opportunity.

Sitting here in Nashville waiting to board.

I got stuck in the window seat and a 300 lb heifer sat next to me and she needed a seat belt extender. She had me pinned against the window for most of the flight. This shit sucks.

Always seemed like a crock that the airlines will charge the hell out of you if your bag is a pound over the limit or if your carry on is an inch too wide, yet the person that outweighs you by 150lbs doesn’t pay extra for their seat.

scho63 08-15-2023 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 17058013)
Son has a hockey tournament in South Bend beginning of December and I'm trying to decide if I should fly to O'Hare or Midway out of Phoenix. Any suggestions, seems Midway is a little closer to South Bend but never been to Midway, always O'Hare.

MIDWAY, MIDWAY, MIDWAY.

**** O'HARE! :cuss:

CoMoChief 08-15-2023 01:56 PM

CHI-O'Hare, ATL, NYC-LaG, PHX-Sky Harbor, LAX, DFW are the worst airports in the US.

Of that group, O'Hare takes the cake for being the worst. NYC-LaG being a close 2nd.

CoMoChief 08-15-2023 01:57 PM

I thought Midway was strictly a Southwest Airlines airport, all other airlines fly in/out of O'Hare.

KCUnited 08-15-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 17058105)
I thought Midway was strictly a Southwest Airlines airport, all other airlines fly in/out of O'Hare.

Delta services ATL out of MDW

There's a handful of other specialty routes from other airlines as well

DaFace 08-15-2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17058124)
Delta services ATL out of MDW

There's a handful of other specialty routes from other airlines as well

It's basically the spot for a lot of low cost carriers (Frontier, Allegiant, Volaris, etc.). I assume that space at ORD is much more expensive.

KCUnited 08-15-2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17058127)
It's basically the spot for a lot of low cost carriers (Frontier, Allegiant, Volaris, etc.). I assume that space at ORD is much more expensive.

I was surprised to see ViaAir has service to Branson

Glad my MiL wasn't aware of that when we lived in Chicago

Balto 08-15-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 17058105)

I'm planning on using Southwest because of the included bags....Goalie gear adds up otherwise!

Looks like I can go with Southwest into O'Hare Or Midway for about the same cost.

Kiimo 08-15-2023 03:55 PM

I go to Chicago like five times a year and the most was ten times in a year.

I haven't flown into O'Hare since the 90s. If that answers your question.

George Liquor 08-15-2023 05:32 PM

I hated every second of O'hare too, but i had been up for about 30 hours and had a 5 hour layover from a transatlantic flight from Munich. Oh, and they changed our gate 3 times and made us sit in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hrs. The TSA agent we dealt with was also an asshole.

F that place. Thinking about it makes me want to fedpost.

Midway however was fine, other than it being in the hood.

KCUnited 08-15-2023 05:41 PM

There's literally a Mexican food spot called Machetes down Cicero from Midway...and its fantastic if you and bros need to sober up before a flight with a 20" quesadilla

TwistedChief 08-15-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 17058102)
CHI-O'Hare, ATL, NYC-LaG, PHX-Sky Harbor, LAX, DFW are the worst airports in the US.

Of that group, O'Hare takes the cake for being the worst. NYC-LaG being a close 2nd.

You been to the new LGA or living in the past?

Kiimo 08-15-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17058401)
I hated every second of O'hare too, but i had been up for about 30 hours and had a 5 hour layover from a transatlantic flight from Munich. Oh, and they changed our gate 3 times and made us sit in the plane on the tarmac for 2.5 hrs. The TSA agent we dealt with was also an asshole.

F that place. Thinking about it makes me want to fedpost.

Midway however was fine, other than it being in the hood.

It's not even the real hood. Is it shabby? You betcha, but shit there gets a LOT worse than Garfield Ridge