ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science RIP Stephen Hawking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314406)

ptlyon 03-14-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13468833)
I'm not sure if anyone could be named who CP wouldn't trash in their death thread. There's probably no one with any sort of notoriety that wouldn't get trashed here by a determined few.

Len Dawson, Randolph Scott

Rain Man 03-14-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13468836)

Joe Delaney tends to get a pass, too.

Eleazar 03-14-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468784)
simple explanation:

68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.

Astrophysics, just another topic on which BRC is the planet's foremost expert.

Gentlemen, I defy you, is there anything he can't do? What did we lowly chiefs fans do to deserve a modern incarnation of Einstein, Bohr, Plato, Aristotle, James Bond, Ron Jeremy and Steve McQueen all together walking among us?

Baby Lee 03-14-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Who? /CP

Eleazar 03-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Ok, someone not affiliated with the Chiefs.

(And even then, it seems like the odds are against you)

OmahaChief 03-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13468787)
It's not. The sun and all the stars rotate around the Earth, and scientific knowledge is useless to mankind.

Now go back to your sports and beer and forget about the rest. We'll take care of it.

:shake:

I prefer Bourbon.

Graystoke 03-14-2018 01:27 PM

Loved him in Family Guy.

RIP

Beef Supreme 03-14-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468824)
you want to write a dissertation on a football BB?

If you dont get why thats important, then you should just move on to something simpler you might understand and enjoy, like a nice set of boobs.

I didn't ask the initial question, and I don't want your dissertation. I just pointed out that you answered a question about why something was important with some shit that didn't say anything about its importance.

If you don't get that, then you should just move on to something simpler you might understand and enjoy, like a butt plug.

Rain Man 03-14-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13468824)
you want to write a dissertation on a football BB?

If you dont get why thats important, then you should just move on to something simpler you might understand and enjoy, like a nice set of boobs.

I'm interested in physics, but I also like the other topic.

tatorhog 03-14-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13468506)
Carcosa is just trying to get under my skin by saying 600 instead of 6000, the actual age of the Earth. He thinks he's being funny. But he's just being stupid.

Ah, see I was going to totally different route with it, and assuming Hawking had worked some non-linear time scale...so him saying a year might not be what we see as a year and in turn was taken out of context. Nevermind, I put too much into the original comment.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13468850)
Astrophysics, just another topic on which BRC is the planet's foremost expert.

Gentlemen, I defy you, is there anything he can't do? What did we lowly chiefs fans do to deserve a modern incarnation of Einstein, Bohr, Plato, Aristotle, James Bond, Ron Jeremy and Steve McQueen all together walking among us?

Are you really that stupid? Or you are just bringing your emotional jealousy into a RIP thread?

I'm always been into science and space. Been posting on this site and those threads for over a decade at least. I'm just trying to have a basic understanding of this complicated subject because my son is getting his doctorate in Astrophysics.

It was a cut and paste from the NASA website. They could explain it better than me. However, anyone who has taken a class in High school would know this basic information. So for you to assert this is some kind of bragger thing exposes you bringing your personal bias BS into a RIP thread.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13468880)
I'm interested in physics, but I also like the other topic.

I majored in boobs and beer in college.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13468814)
That's true. Tyson is more Carl Sagan than Stephen Hawking.

Tyson has done more to promote learning of science, the pursuit of science than anyone else in the scientific community.

He is a "real" scientist but his "real" value is as a scientific communicator to the non-science person. Cosmos is coming back for a 2nd season. Science and astrophysics on national TV prime time. Without him, that never happens.

He is leaving a helluva legacy even if its not because of his personal scientific discoveries.

BigRedChief 03-14-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13467786)
I'd hoped that he'd share how he survived ALS for 55 years before he went.

l was curious too. I googled and found this USA Today article. Spoiler alert, they don’t know but maybe something to do with being diagnosed at 21 instead of 40-70 like most people.

We have found that the survival in younger patients is strikingly better and is measured in many years — in some cases more than 10," said King's College clinical neurology professor Nigel Leigh in the article. "Among people in their 50s and 60s, there is a 50% chance of surviving four years or so. It is a different beast if you start young, oddly, and no one knows why."
Pam Shaw, a professor of neurology at England's University of Sheffield, told the journal she, too, wasn't sure why Hawking survived so long.

"The older you are the quicker the disease course tends to be, but we don't really have a handle on why some people survive for longer periods than others. I wish we did," she said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...als/423313002/

Mennonite 03-14-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

RANDOLPH SCOTT!

/stands, places hat over heart