ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs *signing* Mitchell Schwartz (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298771)

Mr. Laz 03-09-2016 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12122192)
The guys on Sirius I was listening to on my way home from work were talking like us signing Schwartz was basically a need to fill since we lost Allen and Stephenson and we were just trading players and not upgrading.

That's because most of those guys barely know that Kansas City has a football team.

Allen couldn't stay healthy and Stephenson wasn't as good without the juice.

not to mention that Stephenson also seemed a bit lazy

pugsnotdrugs19 03-09-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12122192)
The guys on Sirius I was listening to on my way home from work were talking like us signing Schwartz was basically a need to fill since we lost Allen and Stephenson and we were just trading players and not upgrading.

Ignorant. RT has been a wash for 10 years now. Games are won in the trenches. Alex plays really well when he has time. This helps all of those things. Those guys don't know jack.

CleveSteve 03-09-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 12122214)
He was doing what any sensible person in his position does by driving up his price through a bidding war. Was he using the Browns? Yes, but he was also using every other team interested in signing him.

Sure, and it's totally within his rights, but the Browns had the biggest offer on the table for him, so to not take it and try to drive up the price then turn around and say he "really wanted to stay in Cleveland" is disingenuous to me.

I don't begrudge him that, you guys are getting a good player and it's his chance to make as much money as he wants, but I don't get why he needs to put that last part out there to try to make the Browns look worse.

SAUTO 03-09-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12122228)
Sure, and it's totally within his rights, but the Browns had the biggest offer on the table for him, so to not take it and try to drive up the price then turn around and say he "really wanted to stay in Cleveland" is disingenuous to me.

I don't begrudge him that, you guys are getting a good player and it's his chance to make as much money as he wants, but I don't get why he needs to put that last part out there to try to make the Browns look worse.

the agent is gonna try to drive the price up no matter what.

The player could have been happy staying.

Both could be true

Mr. Laz 03-09-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveSteve (Post 12122228)

Hard to tell what happened.

Browns probably wanted him to commit to the contract right then but when Schwartz said he wanted to think about it, they pulled it.

sucks ... don't blame either side really

Cleveland can't let themselves be used and the player has a right to think about it.

I really do hope that Cleveland gets it together, fan base deserves better.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-09-2016 05:56 PM

What a great move.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-09-2016 06:02 PM

Guess how I feel about Sean Smith after this signing ---> ***SHART***

Have fun in Raiderland, a**hole.

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12122305)
Guess how I feel about Sean Smith after this signing ---> ***SHART***

Have fun in Raiderland, a**hole.

And I'm sure you won't be complaining six months from now when whatever rookie or JAG-signing opposite Peters gets toasted next year. :rolleyes:

srvy 03-09-2016 06:06 PM

Just got in and seen we signed Schwartz nice Dorcey real nice. Takes some of the sting out of the lost draft picks.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-09-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12122313)
And I'm sure you won't be complaining six months from now when whatever rookie or JAG-signing opposite Peters gets toasted next year. :rolleyes:

Remind me, how was our secondary with just Sean Smith as our only competent corner in 2014-2015? :rolleyes:

SAUTO 03-09-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12122327)
Remind me, how was our secondary with just Sean Smith as our only competent corner in 2015? :rolleyes:

What?

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-09-2016 06:14 PM

White guy on the middle, left, and right with two minorities in the middle. My kind of oreo.

staylor26 03-09-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 12122313)

You're such a ****ing miserable pillowbiter.

Give credit where it's due man.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-09-2016 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 12122131)
He was the best right tackle in football. Complete stud.

And he's played virtually every possible snap for his team since being in the league

Discuss Thrower 03-09-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12122327)
Remind me, how was our secondary with just Sean Smith as our only competent corner in 2015? :rolleyes:

2nd in interceptions, 4th in net yards per attempt allowed and 9th in total yards allowed.

5th ranked overall pass defense in terms of DVOA according to Football Outsiders.

But I guess that's just not good enough, now is it?