ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc ****Official ChiefsPlanet Hottest Celebrity Contest Nomination Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297766)

TimBone 01-21-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12042171)
Hmmm. I watched it with my dad when I was in my teens. I always thought it was pretty good but I've gone back and watched things that I loved during that period of my life and wondered what the **** I was thinking.

I've watched The Sopranos, Oz, and Game of Thrones and they're all some of my favorite TV series ever. I've heard so much about The Wire but never watched a second of it. I'm wondering if I'd be able to watch it now or if it'd be too dated.

The Wire is next. I've heard too many good things, I have to check it out. But I have the same concern as you.

Sopranos wasn't bad at all. I really liked it. I just had it built up as the premier Movie Channel series. With everything I heard about it, I expected it to blow all others out of the water. Hard to live up to those expectations. Once again though, **** that ending.

Baby Lee 01-21-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12042148)
A lesser known actress named Dania Ramirez. I've only ever known her from small roles in The Sopranos, X Men: The Last Stand, and Premium Rush.

Can't get over her being the emo chick with the bleeding eyes in Heroes. But speaking of Sopranos, my 2nd pick is Sarah Shahi

http://celebhealthy.com/wp-content/u...ealthy_com.jpg

listopencil 01-21-2016 12:33 AM

I started binge watching Rescue Me on NetFlix. Holy ****, Callie Thorne. Smoking hot.

Baby Lee 01-21-2016 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12042177)
The Wire is next. I've heard too many good things, I have to check it out. But I have the same concern as you.

Sopranos wasn't bad at all. I really liked it. I just had it built up as the premier Movie Channel series. With everything I heard about it, I expected it to blow all others out of the water. Hard to live up to those expectations. Once again though, **** that ending.

I don't think The Wire will be dated, per se. If anything, the eruptions in Baltimore make the events of the show even more poignant over time.

What you do need to be careful for, though, is not to expect fireworks and stunning plot twists every 10 minutes. It's structured to tell an entire story over the course of a season, and sometimes they linger on world building or just soaking up the environment as the fates align. It's not paced like a Michael Bay movie, more like hanging out on the stoop watching the world go by, albeit a ****ed up dangerous world.

ThaVirus 01-21-2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12042179)
Can't get over her being the emo chick with the bleeding eyes in Heroes. But speaking of Sopranos, my 2nd pick is Sarah Shahi

http://celebhealthy.com/wp-content/u...ealthy_com.jpg

HNNNNNNNGGGG!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Vx2DyYl9RW...Shahi+(10).jpg

http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/06/...g-45298922.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_p4QA-5qI1y...arah+shahi.jpg

Smed1065 01-21-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12041933)
So it's one picture per nomination? And we're judging from that picture alone, or will people do independent research and post other photos to bolster their argument. This was a minor controversy during the Miss USA pageant that I ran a couple of years ago.

And I might suggest a rule that photos must not be naked. I think that would corrupt the judging. Or otherwise they're all naked.

They're all naked is my vote!

listopencil 01-21-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12042184)
I don't think The Wire will be dated, per se. If anything, the eruptions in Baltimore make the events of the show even more poignant over time.

What you do need to be careful for, though, is not to expect fireworks and stunning plot twists every 10 minutes. It's structured to tell an entire story over the course of a season, and sometimes they linger on world building or just soaking up the environment as the fates align. It's not paced like a Michael Bay movie, more like hanging out on the stoop watching the world go by, albeit a ****ed up dangerous world.

I watched that first season and some of the characters did draw me in a bit. I feel like maybe it was the wrong characters though. I feel like the "main" characters weren't as interesting. But I don't know. I only watched that first season. It didn't pull me in enough to go looking for season two.

ThaVirus 01-21-2016 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12042175)
I bought the first season of The Wire on DVD because I had heard so much positive feedback about it. I watched it. It was...OK. I was not tempted to buy any more of the DVD's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12042177)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12042184)

Well, shit. That's why I wonder...

I doubt it'd ever be able to live up to the hype.

TimBone 01-21-2016 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12042171)
Hmmm. I watched it with my dad when I was in my teens. I always thought it was pretty good but I've gone back and watched things that I loved during that period of my life and wondered what the **** I was thinking.

I've watched The Sopranos, Oz, and Game of Thrones and they're all some of my favorite TV series ever. I've heard so much about The Wire but never watched a second of it. I'm wondering if I'd be able to watch it now or if it'd be too dated.

Also, don't go back and watch Oz. It has almost zero replay value. It looks so cheesy the second time around. I loved it the first time I saw it, though.

And Game of Thrones. ****, man. I could go on for hours about that show. I avoided it for years, even with the wife begging me to watch it. She even begged my best friends to convinve me to watch it. One of my friends said, "TimBone, you love Skyrim. Game of Thrones is like watching a TV show about Skyrim." I still wouldn't budge. Fast forward to last Fall, I'm in a craft beer store, and I see a brewery that I enjoy has collaborated with Game of Thrones to put out a Game of Thrones themed beer series. I buy a bottle, and tell my wife, "I will watch ONE episode while I drink this beer. When I decide I don't like the show, I will not watch a second episode." So, I sit down, watch the first episode and drink the beer....and I finished the entire series (I think 5 seasons at that point), in about two weeks. I was hooked.

Smed1065 01-21-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12041963)
Ummm, it appears Hog is kinda stuck on a common theme. Not complainin', just sayin'.....

His ISP has him flagged.

I mean after a hog why not a gun and bikini? :hmmm:

KC_Connection 01-21-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12042190)
Well, shit. That's why I wonder...

I doubt it'd ever be able to live up to the hype.

It did for me. That show has a few of the best seasons of television I've ever seen.

listopencil 01-21-2016 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12042192)
Also, don't go back and watch Oz. It has almost zero replay value. It looks so cheesy the second time around. I loved it the first time I saw it, though.

And Game of Thrones. ****, man. I could go on for hours about that show. I avoided it for years, even with the wife begging me to watch it. She even begged my best friends to convinve me to watch it. One of my friends said, "TimBone, you love Skyrim. Game of Thrones is like watching a TV show about Skyrim." I still wouldn't budge. Fast forward to last Fall, I'm in a craft beer store, and I see a brewery that I enjoy has collaborated with Game of Thrones to put out a Game of Thrones themed beer series. I buy a bottle, and tell my wife, "I will watch ONE episode while I drink this beer. When I decide I don't like the show, I will not watch a second episode." So, I sit down, watch the first episode and drink the beer....and I finished the entire series (I think 5 seasons at that point), in about two weeks. I was hooked.

Same thing happened to me, pretty much. My son bought me season one on DVD as a gift this last Xmas because I had already read the first book. I binge watched the entire series.

TimBone 01-21-2016 12:43 AM

....and my ****ing wife, upon seeing me enjoying Game of Thrones, posts on Facebook (and tags my name), "Tim is finally watching Game of Thrones, I'm so happy. BUT (insert certain character here) was on screen when I walked through the room, and just seeing him on screen made my blood boil!"

First reply to her post (that I'm ****ing tagged in, and am only like three episodes into the show) was my aunt, who said, "At least we don't have to worry about that character next season!!! Hahahaha."

I wanted to kill them both.

Toby Waller 01-21-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12042108)
Winona trumps racism because she represents the pinnacle of physical creation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...0209618964.jpg

TimBone 01-21-2016 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12042199)
Same thing happened to me, pretty much. My son bought me season one on DVD as a gift this last Xmas because I had already read the first book. I binge watched the entire series.

I've never seen a series willing to just kill off characters at such a steady pace. There were times where I was ready to throw in the towel, but I just couldn't stop.