ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft why the 'draftniks' and 'armchair GM's' crack me up ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291482)

Hootie 03-23-2015 06:54 PM

Matt Ryan and Vick went over Romo despite Romo having better stats (Vick was a big draw that year -- and was also excellent). Of course Brees was also selected.

Man, what an awful prediction that was.

The Romo hate is classic on this board.

Saul Good 03-23-2015 06:59 PM

Here's the Tim Duncan comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Short Leash Hootie (Post 5623409)
and that's the type of player Blake Griffin is capable of being...even right away. Which is why he's the #1 pick.

What makes you think he can't dominate right away? When was the last time college basketball saw a player as polished offensively in the low post as Blake Griffin?

Tim Duncan, right?

Duncan averaged 21 and 12 his rookie year.

If you think Griffin isn't NBA ready and doesn't have the moves to score points in the NBA...you are mistaken. That guy can flat out score against anyone. His skills around the basket are rare even on the pro level. He will be a focal point for opposing defenses right away.

Griffin went for 22.5 and 12.1 in his first season (after he missed his first season due to injury).

Just Passin' By 03-23-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11400244)
did Just Passin' By try and 'pwn' me by making fun of my 'Romo a pro bowler in 2011' comment?!

LMFAO

Romo in 2011:

4200 yards
31 TD's
10 INT's
67%
8 YPA

Yeah man. You really got me, there. That's like 'Hamas' Jenkins level pwning right there.

Do you not get the difference between trying to "pwn" you and suggesting you don't go too crazy, while noting that you were also wrong in the thread? Are you really that ****ing stupid, or are you just trying to use your own wrong guesses as part of your troll?

TimBone 03-23-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11400263)
Do you not get the difference between trying to "pwn" you and suggesting you don't go too crazy, while noting that you were also wrong in the thread? Are you really that ****ing stupid, or are you just trying to use your own wrong guesses as part of your troll?

Technically wrong, but the numbers are pro bowl caliber. I don't think that comment can be used against Hootie.

Deberg_1990 03-23-2015 07:15 PM

The best is when guys argue about Compensatory draft picks

RealSNR 03-23-2015 07:18 PM

I remember my first beer.

TLO 03-23-2015 07:18 PM

Yeah but Alex Smith tho.

Just Passin' By 03-23-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11400290)
Technically wrong, but the numbers are pro bowl caliber. I don't think that comment can be used against Hootie.

Of course it can. Hootie was wrong, and he was arrogant enough about it to toss in a "Bookmark this post right here" comment.

GoChargers 03-23-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11399830)
it's my thread, it'll go wherever I steer it !

Yeah, and it's not hard to see why you'd want to steer away from a topic as reeruned as "a 2009 redraft shows we should never talk about a draft in advance, ever."

TimBone 03-23-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11400319)
Of course it can. Hootie was wrong.

Yes. You're right. A person of lesser faculties might look at it and say, "HE SAY'ED PRO BOWL. ROMO NO MAKE PRO BOWL AT ALL." But, a rational person might use a little bit of logic, and realize it would be kinda silly to use it against him since the guy did actually play well enough to be in the Pro Bowl.

My mistake.

Just Passin' By 03-23-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11400325)
Yes. You're right. A person of lesser faculties might look at it and say, "HE SAY'ED PRO BOWL. ROMO NO MAKE PRO BOWL AT ALL." But, a rational person might use a little bit of logic, and realize it would be kinda silly to use it against him since the guy did actually play well enough to be in the Pro Bowl.

My mistake.

No, a lesser person might be foolish enough to say "He didn't make the Pro Bowl, but he put up good numbers!".

A rational, sensible, person would say "You said he'd make the Pro Bowl. He didn't. You got it wrong.".

So, yes, your mistake.

TimBone 03-23-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11400329)
No, a lesser person might be stupid enough to say "He didn't make the Pro Bowl, but he put up good numbers!".

A rational, sensible, person would say "You said he'd make the Pro Bowl. He didn't. You got it wrong.".

So, yes, your mistake.

I knew it was a waste of time replying to you. I knew it, but I ****ing did it anyways.
**** me.

milkman 03-23-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11400131)
Yep. I learned after the Hali and Gholston shit to stop listening to the 4 horsemen and quoting that shit as fact to my buddies ... god they still make fun of me about Gholston. Thanks a lot, Hamas.

...of course, I also bought into the Geno ****ing bullshit (namely because milkman was even pimping him) which made me look like a reerun all over again

Yes, I was pimping Geno, but I also said that he is a guy that you should sit for a year, and might be better for 2.
I thought you would have a real chance of ruining him if he started right away.

But I'm one of the few people here that believes that rookie QBs, except for a select few, should always be sat for at least a year, even if they are the first overall pick.

Just Passin' By 03-23-2015 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11400334)
I knew it was a waste of time replying to you. I knew it, but I ****ing did it anyways.
**** me.

The guy didn't make the Pro Bowl. Hootie claimed he would, so Hootie was wrong, and might want to keep that in mind while he's using that same thread to bash someone else for an error. I didn't call Hootie an idiot or anything for making his claim. I just pointed out that it was wrong. Instead of just leaving it alone, or acknowledging the obvious, you decided to ignore plain language.

I think we can both agree that Hootie knew Romo was in the same conference as Brees and Rodgers when he made his claim, so this wasn't some last minute surprise entry beating out Romo.

And before you go crazy with the "woe is me for replying to you", remember that you were the one with the crack about using logic, and making the snide comment about "a person of lesser faculties" in the process.

Logic:

Claim was the Romo would make the Pro Bowl
Romo did not make the Pro Bowl
Claim was erroneous

Hootie 03-23-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 11400251)
Here's the Tim Duncan comparison.

Griffin went for 22.5 and 12.1 in his first season (after he missed his first season due to injury).

I knew I was comparing him as a prospect to Tim Duncan but it was SO long ago I forgot what context I was using at the time. Leave it to Hamas to try and "troll" me yesterday by bringing up a past debate that I crushed out of the park. Kinda like when you pointed out I called Chris Johnson the best running back in the NFL the year before he became CJ2K.

But again, the narrative on this board is I'm always wrong because I think Peyton is better than Tom.