ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Failure (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288609)

KChiefs1 11-22-2014 03:10 PM

It's taken me this long to read this George. Couldn't/Wouldn't read anything about that abortion on Thursday until today.

Good read.

R8RFAN 11-22-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 11137027)
Meh, Raiders and happiness......usually means a new set of batteries.

I knew the Raiders weren't going 0-16 but I thought we would actually beat the Chargers last week.

Andy usually gets em up to play after a loss, After you beat Denver next week all will be forgotten.

To be honest, I was so use to losing on the last drive via an INT or the opposing team marching down the field on us I really didn't get excited that much, I had more fun trolling some of the hardcore guys here to be honest.

I am getting older, the shit just don't mean as much to me as it used to.

GloryDayz 11-22-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8RFAN (Post 11137053)
I knew the Raiders weren't going 0-16 but I thought we would actually beat the Chargers last week.

Andy usually gets em up to play after a loss, After you beat Denver next week all will be forgotten.

To be honest, I was so use to losing on the last drive via an INT or the opposing team marching down the field on us I really didn't get excited that much, I had more fun trolling some of the hardcore guys here to be honest.

I am getting older, the shit just don't mean as much to me as it used to.

We'll see about that! Don't forget, Andy is fat and the game has all but passed him up.

rockachalk 11-22-2014 05:00 PM

a couple things about this game:

Mauga sucks in run support. I know he's no DJ. But that 90 yard run was because he failed to hit his hole that the RB was coming out of. This defense is predicated around every man doing their job. If even one guy fails to do that, its going to result in a big play for the opposing offense.

The thing about Mauga is that this wasn't the only game where this has happened. Granted this was the only one where the RB hit a 90 yard run. He's been poor in run support all year long. Last week against Seattle, lynch should have been stopped in the backfield several times, but Mauga missed the play. We really miss DJ. I hope he comes back next year. I have no idea what his contract is, or when its up. But we gotta have a healthy DJ on this defense.

Abdullah could have sealed the victory for the chiefs had he intercepted the ball that hit him RIGHT IN HIS HANDS. This was on the raiders last monstrous 7+ minute drive where they scored. If he catches that, the chiefs can sit on the ball with good field position. We do seem to have a secondary that can cover now. But good lord would it be nice if they could snag a few INT's every once in a while. They cant catch a football to save their lives.

rockachalk 11-22-2014 05:04 PM

As always gblowfish, great take on the game. I enjoy reading your analysis. Its always spot on!

I agree about the screens. Last year we ate them up on the screens. The raiders were sniffing those out with impunity Thursday night. Outside of one to DAT where he had a great run after contact (that could have just as easily been picked off by the raider defender), the screen game wasn't working.

Part of that first half I feel was a result of the weather. The rain really affected our game plan. I thought after the half (when the rain stopped) we moved the ball with ease against the Raiders. Alex had like 10 pass completions in a row, and there wasn't much the raiders could do to stop us. So at least we made second half adjustments; though I'm not sure how much of it had to do with the rain.