ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs DeSean Jackson Is Officially A Redskin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282722)

dirk digler 04-02-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10533806)
A rebuild is the right idea if you don't have idiots making the draft picks. Unfortunately, that's what we had after they put Carl out to pasture. You don't need to stop rebuilding, you need to stop hiring idiots.

I wanted nothing to do with Reid but had high hopes for Dorsey. I am not ready to bail on Dorsey yet but he has to do a better job in the draft or this team will be ****ed even more so.

duncan_idaho 04-02-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10533814)
If you really think we are a few players away, more power to you. I think we have a very long way to go. We don't have depth and our core guys aren't as good as we think they are.

As for the Ravens, last time I checked, their core was incredibly successful in the playoffs prior to winning a Super Bowl. Before last year, they were carrying Flacco to playoff wins.

The front office/Reid clearly believe they are just a few players away, or they wouldn't have taken the steps they did last season.

htismaqe 04-02-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10533819)
I would rather take my chances and hope Dorsey isn't an idiot to build the team the right way than take the safe route of going all in on a roster that even with a few extra guys is a big Long shot to win the super bowl. Just me, of course. We've seen this dance before. We plug holes with expensive free agents, they disappoint, we end up in year three with a roster and cap situation that is a complete shit show. I'm through with that approach too.

We've seen how trading away picks for another teams cast-off QB has worked out too... :hmmm:

htismaqe 04-02-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10533824)
The front office/Reid clearly believe they are just a few players away, or they wouldn't have taken the steps they did last season.

Bingo.

milkman 04-02-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10533814)
If you really think we are a few players away, more power to you. I think we have a very long way to go. We don't have depth and our core guys aren't as good as we think they are.

As for the Ravens, last time I checked, their core was incredibly successful in the playoffs prior to winning a Super Bowl. Before last year, they were carrying Flacco to playoff wins.

I get it.

You're fine with trading 2 premium picks to achieve respectability.

I'm not.

Go all in to win, or all in to rebuild.

This plan is half assed.

htismaqe 04-02-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10533831)
I get it.

You're fine with trading 2 premium picks to achieve respectability.

I'm not.

Go all in to win, or all in to rebuild.

This plan is half assed.

:clap:

milkman 04-02-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

I would rather take my chances and hope Dorsey isn't an idiot to build the team the right way than take the safe route of going all in on a roster that even with a few extra guys is a big Long shot to win the super bowl. Just me, of course. We've seen this dance before. We plug holes with expensive free agents, they disappoint, we end up in year three with a roster and cap situation that is a complete shit show. I'm through with that approach too.

And once again, you're overstaing my side to make your bullshit sound more rational.

duncan_idaho 04-02-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

That train left the station on Tuesday, March 12, 2013.

With the moves the Chiefs made last offseason - Chief among them trading for Alex Smith and drafting for safety at No. 1 overall - KC indicated it was "close" and trying to "win now."

Moving away from that just a year later is a great way to break down the promise that was shown in 2013.

dirk digler 04-02-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10533824)

yep

Mecca 04-02-2014 08:52 AM

The problem is Jackson was a perfect fit for this team. They could have walked away from Bowe after the year and called it and even swap, would have made sense.

But no, we're busy rebuilding with a 30 year old QB so instead of 2-14 bad it's 5-11 6-10 bad.

RNR 04-02-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10533746)
LOL at the Raiders.

Why? The Eagles ate 7 million in dead cap to cut a player in his prime. That would give pause to even the slowest mind. He was negotiating with a team known to spend freely meaning his price was going high. How often do teams cut a player of this caliber in his prime? Writing a check for $7 million receiving no return as opposed to writing a check for $10 million and keeping a star player in his prime on your team?? Sorry I am laughing at people who perceive taking a pass on him as some sort of screwup~

Mecca 04-02-2014 09:00 AM

Yes lets let the Eagles stupidity sway us.

Deberg_1990 04-02-2014 09:03 AM

Hooray! The Redskins got their man! They definately have proven they know what they are doing!

Mr_Tomahawk 04-02-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 10533859)
Why? The Eagles ate 7 million in dead cap to cut a player in his prime. That would give pause to even the slowest mind. He was negotiating with a team known to spend freely meaning his price was going high. How often do teams cut a player of this caliber in his prime? Writing a check for $7 million receiving no return as opposed to writing a check for $10 million and keeping a star player in his prime on your team?? Sorry I am laughing at people who perceive taking a pass on him as some sort of screwup~

Why am I laughing at the Raiders?

Because I strongly dislike them....because their fans had #djaxtooak trending worldwide....because that is where he grew up and it was his favorite team...because it was the 'obvious' destination...because they had all the cap space that they could offer him the money he was looking for...

...and because it didn't happen in despite any of that.

That is why I LOL @ the Raiders.

TEX 04-02-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10533843)
That train left the station on Tuesday, March 12, 2013.

With the moves the Chiefs made last offseason - Chief among them trading for Alex Smith and drafting for safety at No. 1 overall - KC indicated it was "close" and trying to "win now."

Moving away from that just a year later is a great way to break down the promise that was shown in 2013.

:clap: Exactly.