ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Buccaneers Unveiling New Logo/Helmet Thursday Feb 20th (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281590)

Psyko Tek 02-20-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 10443996)
Chrome face masks? So dumb.

think about it,
hot sun reflective material,
ain't nobody grabbing it

Color Red 02-20-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10442602)
We need too as well. Our shit is ancient. It needs updated like 20 years ago.

You know, I could have thought this twenty years ago or so, but with all the radical new uniforms with shapes and slashes that look like gashes or something else, Chiefs uniforms have a solid classic look to them. I think the newer uni's are going go down as faddish. Especially when the Broncos get slaughtered wearing them!!

|Zach| 02-20-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10442602)
We need too as well. Our shit is ancient. It needs updated like 20 years ago.

It is pretty hard to update our brand. It sort of is what it is. I think to update the Chiefs you would have to change the name.

Anyong Bluth 02-20-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 10444429)
It is pretty hard to update our brand. It sort of is what it is. I think to update the Chiefs you would have to change the name.

Hard to **** with a classic look. You're not going to improve the logo.
The uniform is debatable about changing, but, show me a consensus improvement. The only 1 being is the red pants instead of the all whites, IMO.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-21-2014 12:11 AM

Tampa Bay:
Start measuring from here

bowener 02-21-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10444404)
Looks good, IMO. Will make a cool statement from a distance when players are on field due to the large areas of color differentiation.

I said this earlier, but it is a complete change in colors for the team as well. This will markedly change their overall appearance beyond "oh geez that emblem is too big". I like the departure from standard face mask coloring as well. It isn't something that would work with the Chiefs, but it works well for them, and somebody like the Raiders possibly.

RealSNR 02-21-2014 01:34 AM

Okay, the skull is angrier and they changed the font.

What did I ****ing tell you all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10442732)
I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

This will be similar to when the Panthers supposedly got a new logo. I doubt it will even be as significant as the Detroit change when they added fur to the lion.

I'm predicting a very slight and subtle change.

J Diddy 02-21-2014 01:38 AM

To all those that make fun of what they are doing with their shit, remember the 90's

http://i.imgur.com/8oLyFNy.jpg

|Zach| 02-21-2014 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10444444)
Hard to **** with a classic look. You're not going to improve the logo.
The uniform is debatable about changing, but, show me a consensus improvement. The only 1 being is the red pants instead of the all whites, IMO.

Yea I agree with you. I really would not mind a complete and total overhaul of the image and team name in KC. I don't really love the Chiefs name. Don't find it offensive or anything just don't love it.

It isn't at all bad as it is but I agree it can't really be updated like others can.

Jimmya 02-21-2014 03:34 AM

I like the new Bucs look.

BlackHelicopters 02-21-2014 07:35 AM

Looks good, IMO.

DaKCMan AP 02-21-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 10444494)
I said this earlier, but it is a complete change in colors for the team as well. This will markedly change their overall appearance beyond "oh geez that emblem is too big". I like the departure from standard face mask coloring as well. It isn't something that would work with the Chiefs, but it works well for them, and somebody like the Raiders possibly.

Yep.

From what I've been told a big driver of this was to separate them from the other teams/franchises that have red & black as primary colors. They wanted to make pewter more noticeable and reduce the amount of black. It's all about differentiation.

GordonGekko 02-21-2014 08:05 AM

I was expecting something earthshattering, I mean part of their uniform is swords and skulls. Instead they just 'zoomed' in on the helmet and added chrome (which is a fad). No way they win the SB wearing this crap.

DaKCMan AP 02-21-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10444600)
I was expecting something earthshattering, I mean part of their uniform is swords and skulls. Instead they just 'zoomed' in on the helmet and added chrome (which is a fad). No way they win the SB wearing this crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10443559)
Don't everyone get their expectations up for major changes. Think subtle.

GordonGekko 02-21-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10444602)

I mean it really could of been something awesome, maybe even a skeleton inspired jersey or something completely badass. What they gave us is Jacksonville level shit.