ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

saphojunkie 10-28-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10134977)
The problem with homers is they think in the short term far too often.

I agree with this, absolutely, but so do the haters.

Eric Fisher and Geno Smith are inextricably linked for us, forever. Anyone saying we shouldn't have drafted Geno because of his interceptions is just as wrong as everyone saying we shouldn't have drafted Fisher. Each player has plenty of time left on his clock to become an elite player. Geno needs to rein in the interceptions, and Fisher needs to add strength and technique.I wish both players were kicking ass and taking names, because A) I could say "I told you so" about Geno; and B) Fisher wouldn't suck donkey balls.

The best case scenario is Geno sitting on the bench learning from Reid and Smith on how to prepare and be a professional. So the real question is:

Would you rather be 3-5 with Geno or 8-0 with Tyler Bray?

I'll take 8-0 with Bray, thanks.

Jerm 10-28-2013 03:39 PM

People would seriously rather be 3-5 or something of that sort rather than 8-0 and leading the division?

Jesus Christ...

It's time to let this Geno stuff go...

vailpass 10-28-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10135002)
If it becomes a shootout I don't think Smith will win either.

If we don't hold Den to under 24 pts we won't win...

I wasn't trying to talk shit but yeah, that one struck me as a little bit off...

Earthling 10-28-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10134652)
Yep. I'd say it would be more like 6-2, but we would have hope of possibly winning a shoot out with the Donks if it came down to it. Right now, we don't really have that hope.

Umm "you" don't have that hope.

Bowser 10-28-2013 03:48 PM

See, I was greedy when it came to my view of Geno. If it were up to me, Geno would be here backing up Alex, so I can't answer the question as posed.

In my dream scenario, Geno would have been probably third string behind Alex and Chase, moves to backup next year, and been starting in 2015. Give him time that way to assimilate an NFL offense and how to prepare, conduct yourself (although he's had no problems with that in New York, a credit to him), and really get a feel for what it means to play QB in the league from Andy and Alex.

Halfcan 10-28-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10135022)
People would seriously rather be 3-5 or something of that sort rather than 8-0 and leading the division?

Jesus Christ...

It's time to let this Geno stuff go...

No they want to be 0-8 so we will have the first pick in the draft.... then we can draft a..............Right tackle-LOL :)

Halfcan 10-28-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10135060)
See, I was greedy when it came to my view of Geno. If it were up to me, Geno would be here backing up Alex, so I can't answer the question as posed.

In my dream scenario, Geno would have been probably third string behind Alex and Chase, moves to backup next year, and been starting in 2015. Give him time that way to assimilate an NFL offense and how to prepare, conduct yourself (although he's had no problems with that in New York, a credit to him), and really get a feel for what it means to play QB in the league from Andy and Alex.

So Geno with the number 1 is better than Bray- for free? :hmmm:

philfree 10-28-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10135064)
No they want to be 0-8 so we will have the first pick in the draft.... then we can draft a..............Right tackle-LOL :)

:doh!:

Marcellus 10-28-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10135028)
I wasn't trying to talk shit but yeah, that one struck me as a little bit off...

What I find interesting is this CP fanbases obsession with being able to win a game in a shoot out. We have already had that team in 2003.

I don't care how we win as long as we win and not turning the ball over and playing great dominant defense will keep you in every game.

We have made plays offensively when needed in every game to this point. At some point it may cost us a game. But so will being in constant shoot outs.

Deberg_1990 10-28-2013 03:54 PM

Frankly, Geno looks like the next Josh Freeman to me. Probably not even that good.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass 10-28-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10135073)
What I find interesting is this CP fanbases obsession with being able to win a game in a shoot out. We have already had that team in 2003.

I don't care how we win as long as we win and not turning the ball over and playing great dominant defense will keep you in every game.

We have made plays offensively when needed in every game to this point. At some point it may cost us a game. But so will being in constant shoot outs.

There is no arguing with wins...

Oxford 10-28-2013 03:56 PM

Given where this roster was, all of the holes it had (and still has), and the general fan malaise, I pick Alex Smith. The locker room has to be fixed first and that is done by winning. Nothing else works. Also, there is no evidence that Geno Smith is going to be better than Tyler Bray.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-28-2013 04:02 PM

After you take away all the D/ST score the Chiefs O average 19.6 points a game. Do the same with Geno and the Jets average 17 points a game.

Bowser 10-28-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10135071)
So Geno with the number 1 is better than Bray- for free? :hmmm:

No way to know that, and we probably won't know that for a number of years.

Perhaps Bray will play that role I had envisioned Geno in. I certainly hope so. If it happens, well, that will be proof positive as to why I'm some anonymous idiot posting on message boards and John Dorsey is who he is.

Deberg_1990 10-28-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10135073)

It never ends with some fans. I feel like some people wont ever be happy until we win 65-0 every week.
Posted via Mobile Device