ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games The Last of Us (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273501)

BigBeauford 06-25-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9775869)
I'm at my first encounter with a group of clickers and watchers and keep getting ganged up on and killed. I don't know how to get through this. And why the hell is Tess not helping me here?

That part is tough, its almost better to go guns blazing there, take out the clicker first after the first guy.

007 06-25-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 9775874)
That part is tough, its almost better to go guns blazing there, take out the clicker first after the first guy.

Thats the problem though. I can never get the gun out they are on me so quick. Plus I only have 6 bullets because nobody drops ammo in this game at all.

BigBeauford 06-25-2013 09:33 PM

There should be a golf club there if you want to bash that clickers brains in.

007 06-25-2013 10:16 PM

Got through. I'm in the area with all the clickers now. Am I supposed to kill them all or find my way out of the room and leave them be? I'm out of shivs so I don't think I am supposed to kill them but can't find a way out of the room either.

aturnis 06-26-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9775970)
Got through. I'm in the area with all the clickers now. Am I supposed to kill them all or find my way out of the room and leave them be? I'm out of shivs so I don't think I am supposed to kill them but can't find a way out of the room either.

After a couple weeks waiting and all 5 copies being past due for days, I finally got my hands on a rental copy. Great game so far, amazing really. Loved the upside down moment. Just leaving Bill's church. Can't wait to get some more hours in.

007 06-26-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9776102)
After a couple weeks waiting and all 5 copies being past due for days, I finally got my hands on the a rental. Great game so far, amazing really. Loved the upside down moment. Just leaving Bill's church. Can't wait to get some more hours in.

upside down moment? I guess that is beyond where I am at.

Tribal Warfare 06-26-2013 01:27 AM

Ellen Page accuses 'The Last of Us' developers of 'ripping off' her likeness

Ellen Page, the actor starring alongside Willem Dafoe in Quantic Dream's upcoming video game Beyond: Two Souls, has hit out at another game for using her likeness without permission. Answering a Reddit AMA question on whether she was aware of Ellie, a major character in Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, Page said she wasn't happy about being the alleged source of inspiration.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

The Last of Us was first revealed in late 2011, several months before Page's role in Beyond: Two Souls was announced. The character of Ellie has changed appearance since the original incarnation, which drew immediate comparisons to Page at the time; Naughty Dog said last year that the alterations were made to bring the character more in line with actor Ashley Johnson.

Page, for her part, doesn't appear to hold much of a grudge, telling a Twitter user who commented on The Last of Us to direct praise in Johnson's direction.

007 06-26-2013 01:48 AM

Oh good grief.

CanadianChief 06-26-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9776119)
Ellen Page accuses 'The Last of Us' developers of 'ripping off' her likeness

Ellen Page, the actor starring alongside Willem Dafoe in Quantic Dream's upcoming video game Beyond: Two Souls, has hit out at another game for using her likeness without permission. Answering a Reddit AMA question on whether she was aware of Ellie, a major character in Naughty Dog's The Last of Us, Page said she wasn't happy about being the alleged source of inspiration.

"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," said Page. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond: Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."

The Last of Us was first revealed in late 2011, several months before Page's role in Beyond: Two Souls was announced. The character of Ellie has changed appearance since the original incarnation, which drew immediate comparisons to Page at the time; Naughty Dog said last year that the alterations were made to bring the character more in line with actor Ashley Johnson.

Page, for her part, doesn't appear to hold much of a grudge, telling a Twitter user who commented on The Last of Us to direct praise in Johnson's direction.

I think the character Ellie looks and sounds just like her.

Now make the damn movie version....f!@# yeah!!!!!

CanadianChief 06-26-2013 07:12 AM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...t2UAr18TUzEn9w

Dayze 06-26-2013 07:49 AM

I've noticed Tess is real eage for my ass to get out there and take care of things. But when the Shit hits the fan, her ass is convienently absent.

007 06-26-2013 09:05 PM

I can't get over how long it takes this game to load up.

CanadianChief 06-27-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9778473)
I can't get over how long it takes this game to load up.

Yeah...I thought there was something wrong with my PS3 at first.

It's worth the wait though.

SnakeXJones 06-27-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 9776230)
I think the character Ellie looks and sounds just like her.

Now make the damn movie version....f!@# yeah!!!!!

I can really see Josh Brolin as Joel

CanadianChief 06-28-2013 01:36 PM

Anyone passed this game on normal and then tried out Survival mode???

Do you know if any of your attributes or weapons carry over? I read somewhere that your listening mode is completely disabled on Survival Mode.