ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Sushi (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272092)

lcarus 04-14-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9586886)
Sac definitely approves of that post - as long as it was sincere.

I thought that the Director comment was quite apropos as well as the 20 somethings that are absolutely giddy just to be there and do the hip thing in helping to deplete the ocean of all edible fish.

I wonder what's next? Last time I was in Taiwan I contemplated ordering the braised donkey penis and shredded camel hump. I can just see it now, Midwesterners from Minnesota to Oklahoma are elated as the 27th new Donkey Dick establishment opened up in their town of 2300 people.

Personally, I think that bugs should be the next big thing. I cooked some giant Vietnamese hissing cockroaches for a Bear Grylls party two years ago, though I got overridden about the methodology in preparing them. Should have deep fried them tempura style and served them with a spicy peanut sauce. Oh well, there's always next time.

Just say it. You're too cool for an Outback Steakhouse.

phisherman 04-14-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9586832)
Mr. Sushi is ****ing awesome.

It's nice to see Mr. Sushi getting some props. Super nice people and great food.

GloryDayz 04-14-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9586877)
TMI

I see what you did there.... Whore! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

GloryDayz 04-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9586892)
It's nice to see Mr. Sushi getting some props. Super nice people and great food.

Yup, still got the kids pics on the wall of fame.... I love the place...

Saccopoo 04-14-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9586891)
Just say it. You're too cool for an Outback Steakhouse.

You ****ing better believe it. I've never been to a Outback, an Olive Garden or a Red Lobster.

Cephalic Trauma 04-14-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9586897)
I see what you did there.... Whore! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Hey man, I just entered the thread to talk sushi. What you do in your own time isn't my business.

:)

lcarus 04-14-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9586911)
You ****ing better believe it. I've never been to a Outback, an Olive Garden or a Red Lobster.

Yeah I was just kidding you. I hate ****in chains.

Cannibal 04-14-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9586791)
Really cool documentary on Netflix instant about what is considered to be one of the top sushi restaurants in the world...it is very small and run by a guy who has been at it forever. Pretty interesting watch.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hbV6knbeUFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw this about 6 months ago. Would love to try their sushi.

jspchief 04-14-2013 08:31 PM

Ahahaha that stupid **** thig lyfe got himself banned again.

Hopefully this time its permanent.

GloryDayz 04-14-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9586960)
Saw this about 6 months ago. Would love to try their sushi.

This..... Still trying to figure out how to get there on business....

Cannibal 04-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9586963)
Ahahaha that stupid **** thig lyfe got himself banned again.

Hopefully this time its permanent.

:# that sucks, the dude is funny as ****.

jspchief 04-14-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9586996)
:# that sucks, the dude is funny as ****.

...said no one ever.

houstonwhodat 04-15-2013 09:21 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZbYd0KAtKh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WV 04-15-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9586861)
Sorry, but I am.

And food should be a lot more, especially sushi. In Japan, you have to apprentice for 10 years before you can be considered as a "sushi chef." There is a huge amount of knowledge that is required, from the preparation of the rice to the quality of the fish to the proper slicing and to the pairings of the fish itself.

And food itself is an art form. The texture, the taste, the smell, the visual, etc. There is so much that needs to be put into it to achieve a high satisfaction level in terms of addressing all the senses.

I don't mind that people are eating "sushi" in the same way that I don't mind that they go to Applebees or Olive Garden. If they are happy with mediocrity in their food, then it works for them. I just find that the proliferation of sushi joints over the past 10-15 years has diluted the quality and dedication to the art which made it popular in the first place.

Seriously? I suppose you don't go for an occasional quicky either huh? I mean it's bad form right?

luv 04-15-2013 09:50 AM

Lobster roll from Izumi Hitake on Walnut Street.
Sex In The City roll from Haruno's on Fremont.
Umi on Kimbrough as the most awesome spicy, but not mouth numbing spicy, roll I've ever had, but I can't remember the name of it.