ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How good, exactly, is Branden Albert. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271379)

Direckshun 03-21-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520145)
I'd be fine if Direckshun composed a Renaissance madrigal for his every post.

Hegel called poetry the most exquisite of the arts. I really don't share his sentiment.

I don't know what a Renaissance madrigal is.

If it's only moderately hard to do, I'll roll with that. It would keep my post count down (not exactly a bad thing) and when I do post it'll be like a FAX-inspired event.

But assuming it's incredibly hard to do, well, I'm lazy.

Reaper16 03-21-2013 11:05 PM

Direckshun thinking that rhyme is necessary to poetry is as dumb as trading Albert and drafting an LT #1 overall.

Ming the Merciless 03-21-2013 11:09 PM

chess = poetry + science + math

RealSNR 03-21-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9520171)
I feel like that gag has runs its course. But yes, poetry will be your punishment.

I do not watch Star Trek, as I am not a 47-year-old pimpled virgin living in his mother's basement. I also am not that well versed in Clue, since I'm not 100 years old, offering my great-great granddaughter hard candy when she visits.

I am, however, a buff on Lord of the Rings. If you need a reference shoved into every orifice of my posting behavior, that would be the perfect mishmash of nerdiness and familiarity.

We both have different things we want out of this. You want me shamed, so phonetic rhyming it shall be.

But I want to be entertained. I'm far more interested in constraining the content of a post that the loser can draw from than the style. I can read bad poetry any day. That doesn't interest me. What does interest me is watching somebody try to take an ordinary thing like Monopoly and connect it in some way to Rex Burkhead's chances at being a great RB in the NFL.

Tell ya what. List your top 5 things from literature/movies/TV/games/pop culture. I'll pick one that I like the most. I've actually never read a single LOTR book. Not even a goddamn page.

DeezNutz 03-21-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9520165)
Again, you act like Albert is something special at LT. If he was, he would have been drafted with the #1 pick of the draft at LT, not at #15 as a guard. He's panned out ok, he's been a good but not great LT.

As for Joeckel, if he's drafted #1 there's a reason for it. He may not be drafted #1 but there's a good possibility he will be. It is what it is whether you agree with it or not.

The wha?

RealSNR 03-21-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9520178)
Direckshun thinking that rhyme is necessary to poetry is as dumb as trading Albert and drafting an LT #1 overall.

I could write a complex post about why Alex Smith will suck that is modeled after When Lilacs Last in the Dooryard Bloom'd and Direckshun would probably hate it. It could be this beautiful and delicately crafted mother****er, and his uncultured ass would shit all over it.

RealSNR 03-21-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9520175)
I don't know what a Renaissance madrigal is.

If it's only moderately hard to do, I'll roll with that. It would keep my post count down (not exactly a bad thing) and when I do post it'll be like a FAX-inspired event.

But assuming it's incredibly hard to do, well, I'm lazy.

I wasn't being serious. It's a musical composition.

Simply Red 03-21-2013 11:20 PM

I knew you were a musician SNR! - would you let MicJones rap over some of your piano work?

L.A. Chieffan 03-21-2013 11:25 PM

yeah hes not that good, the jared allen trade still sucks

RealSNR 03-21-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9520197)
I knew you were a musician SNR! - would you let MicJones rap over some of your piano work?

MicJones doesn't fit my inspiration. We're just not on the same frequency.

I have a different guy I use. Ever hear of Barry Peraino?

Direckshun 03-21-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9520178)
Direckshun thinking that rhyme is necessary to poetry is dumb

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ieUEHtzVUgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 03-21-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9520183)
Tell ya what. List your top 5 things from literature/movies/TV/games/pop culture. I'll pick one that I like the most. I've actually never read a single LOTR book. Not even a goddamn page.

Jesus, I don't know. I'm pretty uncultured. You totally just de-nutted me by telling me you're out on Lord of the Rings.

I'll have to think on this. **** you for making me think on this.

RealSNR 03-21-2013 11:42 PM

It doesn't have to be culture. It just has to be something with layers to it.

I'll open it up even more. For example, you could model every single post in the voice of Newt Gingrich. That would be pretty entertaining.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-21-2013 11:46 PM

Hegel was an absolutely terrible writer, FWIW. Reading Phenomonology of the Spirit is like trying to decipher several hundred pages of Smed posts.

RealSNR 03-22-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9520236)
Hegel was an absolutely terrible writer, FWIW. Reading Phenomonology of the Spirit is like trying to decipher several hundred pages of Smed posts.

My seminar was told to read Hegel in the original German. The professor half-joked that even people who had only a basic reading knowledge of German would have an easier time deciphering the text than if they had read an English translation.

I say "half-joked" because while we all chuckled about it, he wasn't kidding.