ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Press conference (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271103)

DaneMcCloud 03-13-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9494626)
And kill all others like you please. You're the reason why we suck every season.

Yeah, the Chiefs never sucked in their history before 2009.

:facepalm:

What a bunch of ****ing crybabies.

patteeu 03-13-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9494630)
That's to be determined.

If Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are top 15 QBs in the next 3 years......this trade was a huge failure. Especially if Alex Smith grades out as......Alex ****ing Smith.

Top 15? In a 32 team league? Setting the bar super high aren't you?

kcxiv 03-13-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9494639)
We was leading the league in QBs last year before his injury and led the team to 6-2. The reason he didn't come back is because Kaepernick got a chance and was extremely good. Like unbelieveable.

Yeah for a guy who played a whole one game. Lol yeah ok

Anyways I'm out lakers game about to start.

Messier 03-13-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9494647)
***** Resigned some of our better players too.

***** was aggressive with 2nd/3rd Tier F/A's too.

***** Brought in a respected Coach with SB/Playoff experience too.

The similarities far outweigh the differences.

The biggest crime of SP was refusing to provide legit competition for Cassel, and drafting horribly. We'll have to wait awhile to call Dorsey SP II.

ToxSocks 03-13-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

We was leading the league in QBs last year before his injury and led the team to 6-2. The reason he didn't come back is because Kaepernick got a chance and was extremely good. Like unbelieveable.

Did you follow the 9ers at all last season? Because there was a lot of talk about how their offense wasn't explosive enough....Hence the move to start Kaepernick.

It's not like Kaepernick set the world on fire in his first game.....CLEARLY....Clear as a San Diego Day (it's beautiful out here today) the 9ers were looking to dump the guy.

And at their first opportunity....they did.

But yeah, you're right....i should have a ton of faith in the guy.

Obviously he has EARNED that respect right? I should be able to look at his production and see that he's earned that respect, right?

DTLB58 03-13-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

That's to be determined.

If Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are top 15 QBs in the next 3 years......this trade was a huge failure. Especially if Alex Smith grades out as......Alex ****ing Smith.

Exactly. What ticks me off is most here act like they know Geno IS the savior when we don't know that. For all we know he could be another JaMarcus Russell.

Messier 03-13-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

That's to be determined.

I'll agree if they turn into stud QBs with little time. This trade was a mistake.

OnTheWarpath15 03-13-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Led the team to 6-2?

Holy Christ, how dreadfully incorrect.

In 4 of those 8 games, the defense gave up a COMBINED 12 points.

In the 2 losses, the offense mustered a COMBINED 16 points. Against the 16th and 31st ranked defenses in the league.

Average yards passing in those eight games?

200.4 yards.

Average yards rushing in those eight games?

168.6 yards

Alex Smith didn't "lead" shit.

His running game and defense did.

DTLB58 03-13-2013 05:09 PM

@DannyParkins: When I asked Alex Smith about a contract extension he said he has an agent for that but "in a way I feel like I need to earn that." #Chiefs

FWIW

Discuss Thrower 03-13-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9494648)
Most here aren't going to give Smith a chance. When he does something well, credit will be given elsewhere, and any mistake will be talked about endlessly. If Smith sucks, he'll suck and we'll know this season. I could be wrong, but I don't think we'll get the Cassel treatment. Smith won't get four, or even three years to prove himself. I think if he's mediocre or worse, Reid and Dorsey will at least start window shopping for QBs after this season.

Why, so they can pick up Matt Flynn? Matt Moore?

The decision to trade for Alex Smith has set the franchise back at least 5 years. 7-8 more considering the team will need to replace every player worth a damn already on the roster.

kcxiv 03-13-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9494664)
Exactly. What ticks me off is most here act like they know Geno IS the savior when we don't know that. For all we know he could be another JaMarcus Russell.

But it would be fun to at least find out. It would at least be an attempt at trying for something special.

Hammock Parties 03-13-2013 05:10 PM

Summary of press conference

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n82E5yTtY_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

patteeu 03-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

***** Resigned some of our better players too.

Who?

Quote:

***** was aggressive with 2nd/3rd Tier F/A's too.

No. Pioli was bargain shopping in 2009. He wasn't aggressive and he wasn't accused of overspending on solid FAs. There's almost no similarity.

Quote:

***** Brought in a respected Coach with SB/Playoff experience too.

You're conveniently ignoring the "head" part of head coach. The difference in experience between Todd Haley and Andy Reid is greater than the difference in experience between Alex Smith and Matt Cassel.

OnTheWarpath15 03-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9494664)

You know what a rookie franchise QB provides?

Hope.

Sure, he may turn out to be another JaMarcus Russell.

Sadly, we already know that Alex Smith is.

ToxSocks 03-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9494660)
The biggest crime of SP was refusing to provide legit competition for Cassel, and drafting horribly. We'll have to wait awhile to call Dorsey SP II.

Nah, im not going to label Dorsey SPII. But that wasn't how this debate came about. I was told that i should at least wait for them to fail before losing my faith.

I'm merely pointing out that they haven't done anything (ok...they signed Bowe, I'll give them that) to give me any faith to begin with.

Alex Smith is suppose to give me hope for next season?

LMAO.