ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

Mav 03-05-2013 01:02 PM

With the developements of yesterday, the likely hood that they could take geno actually goes up, not down. It goes up because now andy reid has a qb that he can rely on this year, and perhaps he did like Geno Smith, but didnt think he would be ready to play right away. With Alex Smith now he has a guy that he can not only rely on as a starter, but also as a teach to Geno. I see Geno very much in the same ideal that Kaep was when he was drafted. Everyone knew that Kaep would need to sit, which made alex smith the perfect place holder for geno. Now geno will get at least the first season, (if drafted here of course) to sit and to learn. If alex smith gets hurt week 10 and geno comes in and stars, then alex smith will have ground hog day all over again. Either way, i do believe that within the next two years that geno would be ready to start.

I still believe though, that the first choice of Andy Reid and Dorsey will be to trade down. But if they cant, i can see andy taking Geno and figuring out the rest later. losing pick 34 in the grand scheme of things, isnt that big of a deal. Especially if it means you dont have to draft a qb in the first round for the next decade.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9467209)
Funny/ironic sidenote:
Thumbing through Lindys draft analysis of Geno-

NFL comparison:

Alex Smith...with a more accurate deep ball. lol

We just traded for White Geno, now it is time to draft Black Alex.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9467223)
With the developements of yesterday, the likely hood that they could take geno actually goes up, not down. It goes up because now andy reid has a qb that he can rely on this year, and perhaps he did like Geno Smith, but didnt think he would be ready to play right away. With Alex Smith now he has a guy that he can not only rely on as a starter, but also as a teach to Geno. I see Geno very much in the same ideal that Kaep was when he was drafted. Everyone knew that Kaep would need to sit, which made alex smith the perfect place holder for geno. Now geno will get at least the first season, (if drafted here of course) to sit and to learn. If alex smith gets hurt week 10 and geno comes in and stars, then alex smith will have ground hog day all over again. Either way, i do believe that within the next two years that geno would be ready to start.

I still believe though, that the first choice of Andy Reid and Dorsey will be to trade down. But if they cant, i can see andy taking Geno and figuring out the rest later. losing pick 34 in the grand scheme of things, isnt that big of a deal. Especially if it means you dont have to draft a qb in the first round for the next decade.

We've lost our second round pick for the better part of a decade (might as well have due to shitty drafting), what's losing it again on a starter

Mav 03-05-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9467296)
We've lost our second round pick for the better part of a decade (might as well have due to shitty drafting), what's losing it again on a starter

true. at least you wont have to worry about drafting a dexter mccluster esque player this year.

PRIMETIME211 03-05-2013 01:29 PM

they didnt trade 2 second rounders for alex to get geno sorry, its either joeckl, dee, or star

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9466877)
The day we signed Alex I said there was a 50-50 chance we drafted Geno or another QB and everyone was up in arms and convinced it would he Joekel. My how quick people here change.

Your profile pic, Game of thrones is the best show on television and its delightful to see that you watch it. I honestly think people that dont watch that show before they die can add 1 regret to there life, and this is coming from a guy who loved walking dead/Lost Pre dumb seasons/ Revolution or whatever else you can come up with. This blows them all out of the water and seriously gives LOTR a run for its money in that department.

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9467176)
There is nothing worse than the casual NFL fan.

Yeah there is. The non-NFL fan who still tries to argue about the game with someone who knows what they're talking about. For instance...guy I work with kept arguing with me that Tim Tebow was the best QB in the NFL in the last decade. He knows nothing. He is just a bible thumper from frickin Denver and hopped on the Tebow bandwagon. He couldn't tell me one other player on their roster. ROFL But decided to argue with me anyway when I told him Tebow was dog shit and that Denver would toss him aside the second they were able to land a real QB. Whattya know....look what happened.

THAT is worse than a casual fan. Sorry...I just had to get that off my chest.

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRIMETIME211 (Post 9467313)
they didnt trade 2 second rounders for alex to get geno sorry, its either joeckl, dee, or star

I normally don't neg rep people.....but i think it's time.

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467328)

He may be correct in that assessment though. Now that Reid & Dorsey got Alex Smith, they might have 0 interest in drafting a QB with that #1 pick. There's no way of telling until the draft, as I'm sure they'll play their cards close to their vest.

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467327)
Yeah there is. The non-NFL fan who still tries to argue about the game with someone who knows what they're talking about. For instance...guy I work with kept arguing with me that Tim Tebow was the best QB in the NFL in the last decade. He knows nothing. He is just a bible thumper from frickin Denver and hopped on the Tebow bandwagon. He couldn't tell me one other player on their roster. ROFL But decided to argue with me anyway when I told him Tebow was dog shit and that Denver would toss him aside the second they were able to land a real QB. Whattya know....look what happened.

THAT is worse than a casual fan. Sorry...I just had to get that off my chest.

lol, he has his opinion on the quarterback and you sound like a giant d-bag just talking about the topic itself... And its funny you call him a bible thumper but if those bible thumpers hate on whatever you believe or dont believe in and laugh at your for thinking you turn into a tree when you die you get all offendedROFL i think if i met u in RL id slap you in the face and then piss on you

Sorter 03-05-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467345)
lol, he has his opinion on the quarterback and you sound like a giant d-bag just talking about the topic itself... And its funny you call him a bible thumper but if those bible thumpers hate on whatever you believe or dont believe in and laugh at your for thinking you turn into a tree when you die you get all offendedROFL i think if i met u in RL id slap you in the face and then piss on you

Did you ingest antifreeze as a child?

RippedmyFlesh 03-05-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467328)

Do it I did. And it felt good.

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9467351)
Did you ingest antifreeze as a child?

Whose that chick from your profile pic i heard shes famous

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467345)

Dude **** yourself. You don't know the guy I'm talking about. He comes up and starts arguments with me about football. I don't talk about it with him unless he antagonizes me. He doesn't watch ANY games. He didn't even watch their playoff game for ****s sake.

Internet Tough Guy 03-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467359)
Dude **** yourself. You don't know the guy I'm talking about. He comes up and starts arguments with me about football. I don't talk about it with him unless he antagonizes me. He doesn't watch ANY games. He didn't even watch their playoff game for ****s sake.

Do the HARLEM SHAKE