ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465964)
LMAO

So you actually believe that the Chiefs will draft Geno Smith #1 overall, and spend their first and second round picks on quarterbacks?

I am not sure what to believe right now. Up to today, I did not believe that.

As of today, I am unsure.

That may change as the lay of the land does. I hope that doesn't bother your delicate sensibilities.

BossChief 03-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465941)
Actually, that's not true. I watched several games on YouTube a few weeks back and watched the Combines.

The guy is not worthy of the number one overall pick, no matter what you, or SNR or Direckshun believes today or KC Tattoo, etc.

NOT #1 overall. Period.

The guy showed that he is every bit the athletic prospect that Kaepernick, Luck and Cam were...but somehow "he didn't impress at the combine"...that was with him also going up on stage and selling everyone there on him.

Kurt Warner said he should go first overall. Daniel Jerimiah (a guy that used to be a scout for Reid) said he is the only legit qb prospect this year.

But Dane saw something there that they didn't.

ROFL

Get some sleep.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:58 PM

This thread is ****ing gold.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9465968)
But Dane saw something there that they didn't.

Apparently, neither did the Chiefs.

Here's another:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...ake-clubs-wary

5. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. He's considered the best quarterback in a draft where there aren't elite quarterbacks, and while he put up big numbers last season he was far more successful the first half than he was the second. That could be a problem. So could value. No question, he will be drafted in the first round. But who makes the move and how soon? "What I feel good about," said one quarterbacks coach, "is that he's strong, smart and really determined. It looks like this means a lot to him, and I like that. In fact, I like it so much I went back to look at one more tape of him. I'd been concerned that he stands in the pocket and doesn't have a feel for when to move and cut his losses. So I wanted to see if I was wrong. Yet there were three times he got stuck in the pocket in that game. He's a first-round risk because if he doesn't work out he gets you fired. Which means there are two things that bother me: His feel within the pocket and my job security."

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9465969)
This thread is ****ing gold.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, it's "gold".

You've never had a single, creative thought of your own since you joined this forum and were banned multiple times.

You just keep returning to hug someone elses nuts.

Good luck with that.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 12:01 AM

Who do you like at #1 overall, Dane?

Not interested in debating you on it or anything, just curious what player or players entice you.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465967)
That may change as the lay of the land does. I hope that doesn't bother your delicate sensibilities.

Nah, I'll just continue to flip you shit about it, just like I do every year.

:D

BossChief 03-05-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465964)
LMAO

So you actually believe that the Chiefs will draft Geno Smith #1 overall, and spend their first and second round picks on quarterbacks?

ROFL

You people are ****ing delusional

Andy Reid already had McNabb and went out and drafted Kolb and then signed Vick....then traded McNabb and Kolb and gave Vick 100 million and still drafted Foles.

No way he goes into the season without another strong contender to start.

If we draft Geno at 1, we would still have less invested than the Redskins did with RG3 and Cousins.

Chiefspants 03-05-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465903)
Dane, if Geno Smith doesn't go in the first round, I'll write out a check for $1000 in the charity of your choice. You don't have to do anything except bookmark this post if you like.

And to further prove how RIDICULOUS I think it is that you would say "no one" has him worth a first round pick, I'll let you in on a little secret: giving away $1000 is not exactly a smart thing for me to do currently. I'm getting by just fine, but I don't just have $1000 lying around to throw away.

Hell, you may as well make it $100,000. Because I'm right, and I'm not going to wind up paying a single ****ing dime when draft night is over.

Dane, if this improbably comes to pass (the odds are next to zero) please select Open World, the organization I started with a friend in high school. Now an official KU student organization, we're attempting to build a school with running water for children in Nepal.

http://www.openworldcause.com/

/Shameless Self Promotion Ovah

Imon Yourside 03-05-2013 12:02 AM

Geno, Geno, Geno! :D

RealSNR 03-05-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465959)
Exactly.

Schefter, Glazer, King and Judge are in touch with bonafide NFL scouts and GM's everyday. Either they've been silent on Geno Smith or they've point out doubts that true NFL people have about him.

Guys like Matt Miller and Walter and every other internet based guy isn't connected: It's pure conjecture. It's a crossword puzzle that they try to solve to look "smart" and attract website traffic.

This isn't personal. I couldn't care less if the guy goes in the first round or the 7th round. I'm just tired of the praise that showered upon him in this forum when it's the only place that does so.

Just curious. Do you remember how you felt about Cam Newton at this point in the draft process in 2011?

Putting Geno and Cam comparisons aside, I was lukewarm on Cam. And it was widely reported by people connected to GMs as well as draft gurus with blogs and shows on ESPN that Cam Newton was a HUGE risk for any GM to take on. He didn't start getting talked about as a first round potential QB by most guys until WEEKS after he won the national championship. And as soon as he broke that plain, everybody said all the could say to discredit him as the #1 overall pick.

Then he had his pro day, the Panthers were reported to be sold on him, and the rest is history. It wasn't until then that people said "Oh yeah, absolutely, take Cam at #1. No question!"

Well, Geno Smith has had his share of negative publicity, but I don't know of a single guy besides Mel Kiper who went out and said, "Don't draft any of these QBs in the first round, whatever you do. That includes Geno Smith."

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465975)
Who do you like at #1 overall, Dane?

Not interested in debating you on it or anything, just curious what player or players entice you.

Quite honestly, I don't like anyone at #1 overall.

This is an awful draft in which to be choosing in the top 3 because you're likely to get the same amount of overall talent at #20 at you are at #1. That's what makes this draft so shitty.

My hope is that they can trade down several times, for whatever they can get, and accumulate some talent. Guys like Ertz, Eifert, Austin, Patterson, Milliner and even Mingo make sense later in the draft.

I'd hate to be Dorsey and Reid because as many have pointed out, trading down won't be easy. Someone is going to have to fall in love with a player and make a move. Otherwise, they'll be content to sit and wait.

HoneyBadger 03-05-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465971)
Apparently, neither did the Chiefs.

Here's another:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...ake-clubs-wary

5. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. He's considered the best quarterback in a draft where there aren't elite quarterbacks, and while he put up big numbers last season he was far more successful the first half than he was the second. That could be a problem. So could value. No question, he will be drafted in the first round. But who makes the move and how soon? "What I feel good about," said one quarterbacks coach, "is that he's strong, smart and really determined. It looks like this means a lot to him, and I like that. In fact, I like it so much I went back to look at one more tape of him. I'd been concerned that he stands in the pocket and doesn't have a feel for when to move and cut his losses. So I wanted to see if I was wrong. Yet there were three times he got stuck in the pocket in that game.He's a first-round risk because if he doesn't work out he gets you fired. Which means there are two things that bother me: His feel within the pocket and my job security."

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465820)
There is literally NO ONE saying that Geno Smith should be a first rounder, let alone #1 overall.

You guys are living in a ****ing fantasy land.

I thought he wasn't first round worthy by anyone?

Cmd'r&Chief 03-05-2013 12:06 AM

We will draft Geno, and Kansas City will be Saved

Direckshun 03-05-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465981)
Quite honestly, I don't like anyone at #1 overall.

This is an awful draft in which to be choosing in the top 3 because you're likely to get the same amount of overall talent at #20 at you are at #1. That's what makes this draft so shitty.

My hope is that they can trade down several times, for whatever they can get, and accumulate some talent. Guys like Ertz, Eifert, Austin, Patterson, Milliner and even Mingo make sense later in the draft.

I'd hate to be Dorsey and Reid because as many have pointed out, trading down won't be easy. Someone is going to have to fall in love with a player and make a move. Otherwise, they'll be content to sit and wait.

So, correct me if I'm wrong here, but you'd be dropping your Hammer of Thor down on any ChiefsPlanet poster that suggests that anybody should be drafted #1 overall.