ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jadeveon Clowney should lawyer up, challenge nonsensical 'three-years-out' rule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269998)

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9401443)
You dont even watch college football.

Wrong.

Shit dude, Derrick Thomas is a ****ing HOF pass rusher. Didn't win shit, didn't even get close the last 7 years of his career.

Why? No QB.

And in the last 10, hell the last TWENTY years I can't think of a single team that won a Super Bowl because they took a pass rusher over a QB.

You know how you win SBs?

You get the Troy Aikman, and then you go trade for Charles Haley.

Or you have the John Elway and you go sign Neil Smith.

**** Jadaveon Clowney, especially as our third pass rusher.

The Bad Guy 02-13-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9401444)
I can totally respect this opinion but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

We had Derrick Thomas, one of the best pass rushers of ALL TIME, and he couldn't get into the HoF because he NEVER had a QB worth a shit.

It's time to decide whether we're gonna fish with the big boys or sit on the bank and cut bait.

This goes back to my other post then. You are basically saying at 2.2 we have no shot at any QB worth shit, and I disagree with that.

I don't think Geno Smith is the end all, be all at QB in this draft.

Brock 02-13-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9401444)
I can totally respect this opinion but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

We had Derrick Thomas, one of the best pass rushers of ALL TIME, and he couldn't get into the HoF because he NEVER had a QB worth a shit.

It's time to decide whether we're gonna fish with the big boys or sit on the bank and cut bait.

QBs were harder to find back then. A LOT harder to find.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:14 PM

Kevin Greene had 160 ****ing sacks.

He win any SBs?

LoneWolf 02-13-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9401252)
Clowney does have rare talent. He's gonna be a beast.

But I think it's bullshit that players are forced to go to college if they are perfectly capable of earning money without college. Like look at the dude from Kentucky, all that money = gone because he was forced to go to college.

This is just another way of control. If you can come out of high school and an NBA team wants to hire you, they should be allowed to. If a football player is ready to play in the NFL and teams are willing to pay you, that shouldn't be disallowed.

After all, earning money is the only reason why people go to college. Because they want to make money!

Money is all that matters in this country, so they should be allowed to earn it.

I bet the NBA/NFL is in collusion with the NCAA. It's another way of controlling people, they are forced to go to college and will get in huge trouble if they even take any money from someone while everyone else around them are getting rich off of them. It's not right. NBA teams get another scouting year while NCAA teams make money off of them.

The rules concerning having to go to college for a certain amount of time before being able to turn pro have benefits for the student athletes, the NCAA, and the professional leagues. The athletes get time to mature and time to find out if they actually have what it takes to play at the next level. The NCAA gets to reap the benefits of marketing these athletes and making a profit, and the professional leagues get to lessen their risks by actually getting to see these athletes play against other top competition before investing millions on teenagers.

This bullshit about the kids get nothing while everyone else gets rich is stupid. A free college education is nothing to sneeze at. Most of these kids are going to need skills other than their athletic prowess to make a living. College affords them the opportunity to acquire these skills. It's just too bad they don't all realize this.

Your argument that these kids are forced to go to college is false by the way. They don't have to go to college. They could simply get a job, stay in shape, and apply for the NBA or NFL draft when they are old enough.

mr. tegu 02-13-2013 09:14 PM

If Clowney turns out to be as good as Hali he still isn't making us win anything. The importance of the QB is so magnified that even an above average to even average QB is a better option than Clowney or any other elite pass rusher.

And the point that a few have made about Clowney being rendered essentially useless because of no ability from the offense to score is something that can't be overlooked.

Houston dumped Mario and still won 12 games with what can only be considered a middle of the road QB.

O.city 02-13-2013 09:15 PM

I just wouldn't be willing to role with Clowney and Glennon or Manuel, if a run on QB's happened.

Brock 02-13-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9401468)
If Clowney turns out to be as good as Hali he still isn't making us win anything. The importance of the QB is so magnified that even an above average to even average QB is a better option than Clowney or any other elite pass rusher.

And the point that a few have made about Clowney being rendered essentially useless because of no ability from the offense to score is something that can't be overlooked.

Houston dumped Mario and still won 12 games with what can only be considered a middle of the road QB.

They replaced Williams with a better player.

The Bad Guy 02-13-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9401465)
Kevin Greene had 160 ****ing sacks.

He win any SBs?

Jim Kelly threw for 35k, he win any SBs?

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9401453)
This goes back to my other post then. You are basically saying at 2.2 we have no shot at any QB worth shit, and I disagree with that.

No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying at 2-2, we have a 1000-times smaller chance of finding any QB worth a shit.

I'm done gambling with the QB position or looking for a diamond in the rough. We have the #1 overall pick for the first time ever. It's put up or shut up time.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9401459)
QBs were harder to find back then. A LOT harder to find.

Then I guess it's time to take one. Much less risk.

The Bad Guy 02-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9401477)
No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying at 2-2, we have a 1000-times smaller chance of finding any QB worth a shit.

I'm done gambling with the QB position or looking for a diamond in the rough. We have the #1 overall pick for the first time ever. It's put up or shut up time.

This isn't passing on Andrew Luck and trying to strike gold later. This is passing on Geno Smith for Clowney.

I'm just not buying that it's 1000x smaller of a chance that someone at 2.2 pans out than him.

There's no way you're advocating taking Barkley or Tyler Wilson 1 overall.

mr. tegu 02-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9401453)

I don't think Geno Smith is the end all, be all at QB in this draft.

The argument can easily be made that there isn't much difference than Geno, Wilson, and Barkley. But if you want to say the guys we can get at 2.2 are just as good options, that is not an argument that can be made. Also, Jags get two picks before we choose a QB...no thanks?

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9401476)

He played in 4.

We've won FOUR playoff games period in 40 years.

Hammock Parties 02-13-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9401476)

Are you serious? LMAO