ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Detailed KC Star article about John Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268858)

rtmike 01-14-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9316154)
Good point because I keep hearing stuff like Geno being only the 15th or 20th best prospect.

Best case scenario, trading the #1 pick & still get Geno around 10 or so. :hmmm:

HolyHat 01-14-2013 12:46 AM

If we don't take him, the jags will. Especially with him being from Florida. We have to take him #1 or we will lose him.

ChiefGator 01-14-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9316314)
The Packers drafted 5 straight defensive players to start last years draft, following a season where their defense killed them. Unless its a coincidence, their BPA formula includes need.

As does Reid's. They have been drafting very heavy in defense the last 2-3 years in Philly trying to repair that D.

ChiefGator 01-14-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9316381)
I think another thing people are going to have to realize is that we're not hiring Dan Snyder here. We will not be going out and signing big ticket free agents in the offseason. This team is going to be built in the draft. People are going to go bonkers when we ignore free agent after free agent and go back to calling Clark cheap.

I have faith that Dorsey and Reid are going to get the draft right in the long term. But in the short term, I don't see us making many sexy moves...

I think we may see more with Reid prompting him. Reid has made some splashes with trades and free agents over the last couple years. I generally agree though. Slow and steady through the draft is MOST of what we will do. Which isn't really that different than what Piolli was trying to do (despite his bad drafting record).

HonestChieffan 01-14-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9316200)
But will one of those guys be the BPA at #1? If not, in the later rounds will one of them be there? The pressure will be on by the city and the fans with that #1 overall pick. If it isn't a QB at #1, they better be selling some fancy shit or Chiefs fans won't be buying. Dorsey and Reid's honeymoon will be over in KC already. It's been 30 years.

Seriously doubt Dorsey will walk away from his deep evaluations to get Geno to placate a few fans who have fallen in love with that option. These guys sound like they will move with little emotion and a lot of thought. Tought spot with no top drawer clear winner QB in the draft but you have to trust their study over the Geno or die we read here. One move wont define how fans react. Drop a few wins in Arrowhead and the place will be full

the Talking Can 01-14-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9316467)
At some point we're going to have to put it on the banner at the top of the board: GENO SMITH IS NOT A RUNNING QB. HE'S NOT RUSSELL WILSON OR RGIII, PLEASE MOVE ALONG NOW.

wrong, he's black

ncCHIEFfan 01-14-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9316596)
I think we may see more with Reid prompting him. Reid has made some splashes with trades and free agents over the last couple years. I generally agree though. Slow and steady through the draft is MOST of what we will do. Which isn't really that different than what Piolli was trying to do (despite his bad drafting record).

I don't think any team will be successful building through the draft when the coaching is/was a bad as it was in KC the past several years.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9316625)
wrong, he's black

If Warren Moon were playing today he would for sure run the read option. : )

the Talking Can 01-14-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9316632)
If Warren Moon were playing today he would for sure run the read option. : )

WHILE WEARING PARACHUTE PANTS

Deberg_1990 01-14-2013 07:43 AM

heh, someone on the radio this morning brought up an interesting thought. Would Vince Young have benefitted from the read option? Was he mis used by Fisher or maybe a few years too early?

Crush 01-14-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9316636)
heh, someone on the radio this morning brought up an interesting thought. Would Vince Young have benefitted from the read option? Was he mis used by Fisher or maybe a few years too early?

No, he was just an immature headcase forced down Fisher's throat by Bud Adams.

RippedmyFlesh 01-14-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9316457)
Doesn't matter he never runs which is one of the best things about him.

FYP

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9316623)
Seriously doubt Dorsey will walk away from his deep evaluations to get Geno to placate a few fans who have fallen in love with that option. These guys sound like they will move with little emotion and a lot of thought. Tought spot with no top drawer clear winner QB in the draft but you have to trust their study over the Geno or die we read here. One move wont define how fans react. Drop a few wins in Arrowhead and the place will be full

In your mind.

These guys absolutely DO operate with depth of thought and analysis. That's why they like Geno A LOT more than the average fan.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9316506)
It's a bit more nuanced than that. He did say the guy who would improve the roster the most. By that metric, you have to figure the Chiefs are thinking QB. The surplus value is astronomical.

Exactly.

dallaschiefsfan 01-14-2013 08:34 AM

We won't know for sure until after the combine and east/west game and senior bowl, but if it's pure BPA...prepare for Jarvis Jones...regardless of our current needs...unless we're able to somehow trade down and Geno or Wilson last until our traded down pick. This is not what I want to happen...it's what I'm guessing will happen.

The only consolation is that I'm pretty sure that there will be a QB of low first round value that will slip to our 2nd pick. That's the nature of drafts where the perception is that there are no worthwhile franchise QB's. In this rare instance, this flawed perception could work for us.