ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 PFF Free Agency Tracker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268589)

mcaj22 02-04-2013 08:47 PM

Jeff Allen sucks and Andy Reid is not going to give him a "raw development" pass at a starters role

he will bring in someone vet or draft pick that will absolutely push him and beat him out (best case).

thus Allen will be no better than 2nd string, and the free pass development scenario is moot if new blood beats him out for his spot. It just proves hes trash

The Bad Guy 02-04-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9378839)
Hudson played what 3 games at C? I'd like to see him there a little more.

For what?

The guy was an all american guard. He belongs there.

Get someone who's played center a majority of their career and make Allen a utility man.

This line is a much better line replacing Allen and having Hudson as the LG.

DaneMcCloud 02-04-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9359526)
Bart Scott

Raven LB's that left and Never Lived Up to Their Big Contracts

Without Bart Scott, the Jets would not have been in two consecutive AFC Championship Games.

O.city 02-04-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9378860)
For what?

The guy was an all american guard. He belongs there.

Get someone who's played center a majority of their career and make Allen a utility man.

This line is a much better line replacing Allen and having Hudson as the LG.

And that's fine. I just want to have continuity up front either way. Put him at g and draft a c mid rounds

ChiefAshhole20 02-05-2013 12:02 AM

Hudson is coming back from a bad Lattimore-esque injury as well, at least a guard and center will need to be addressed. Albert's back problem is scary, but this is the year to sign a quality LT via FA. I'm not 100% sure Geno is worth the pick, but the improvement team-wise by just replacing Cassel greatly outweighs the impact Joeckel would bring over Albert. If Alex Smith can be obtained for a 5th, there is little to no reason to not get him, let him play for a year or two, and let Geno sit to get his feet under him similar to how Kaepernick, Rodgers, and Schaub did.

mcaj22 02-05-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9359526)
Ed Hartwell
Adalius Thomas
Jarret Johnson
Bart Scott
Jamie Sharper

Raven LB's that left and Never Lived Up to Their Big Contracts

Jamie Sharper and Bart Scott were very good post Ravens and still clearly had some left in the tank production wise.

Adalius Thomas proved what a fraud the exec of the decade was and Jarret Johnson was a bum period

ChiefAshhole20 02-05-2013 12:16 AM

The ex-Ravens also brought attitude to their new teams as well, something I think this Defense was sorely lacking this year. That, and leadership. I think Bart, with his former LB coach Sutton as his DC could definitely bring some value as being an ILB, especially if he isn't forced to be the number one guy like he was in NY.

mcaj22 02-05-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9379228)
The ex-Ravens also brought attitude to their new teams as well, something I think this Defense was sorely lacking this year. That, and leadership. I think Bart, with his former LB coach Sutton as his DC could definitely bring some value as being an ILB, especially if he isn't forced to be the number one guy like he was in NY.

Bart Scott was never the number one guy in NY. He has fallen off a cliff, he was good for a few years there but hes a bum now

ChiefAshhole20 02-05-2013 12:36 AM

Who else did they have in NY to challenge him for the number one LB spot? And I'm not expecting a career to be reincarnated or anything, but there is worse replacements out there for Siler/Belcher and he should come decently cheap. Wouldn't hurt to have another Shaun Smith-type attitude out there at LB

mcaj22 02-05-2013 12:40 AM

really?

they have had the same #1 LBer leader since 2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8301/career

David Harris's stats crap all over Bart Scott in the half the years.

NJChiefsFan 02-05-2013 02:43 AM

Jets fans are about done with both of them.

J Diddy 02-05-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9359565)
B-b-b-but majority of CP says that we need to start him!!! We shouldn't give up on him!

WRONG......****in shitheads.

Allen is garbage.....and Asamoah sucks at pass blocking.

I'd be surprised if you could identify the shape of a football.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9293116)
Juan Castillo should improve the oline, greatly.

Not sure if serious. He's in Baltimore.

mdchiefsfan 02-05-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9378704)
I'd much rather put Hudson at LG and get another center.

I think Brian Schwenke would be a good grab in the 4th. He looked pretty stout.

ChiefRocka 02-05-2013 06:57 AM

Lol @ writing off Allen after one year with the crappiest QB imaginable.