ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Reaper's Favorite Albums of 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267678)

PunkinDrublic 12-28-2012 09:38 PM

Reaper I like reading your music lists but they make me feel shallow and closed minded.

Pablo 12-29-2012 09:43 AM

The Money Store is getting heavy rotation at the moment. Definitely enjoy it when I'm gaming.

Saccopoo 12-31-2012 03:39 PM

Good list Reaper!

The Fiona Apple disc is terrific.

And just when I thought El-P was a one disc wonder, he does this.

Miles 01-01-2013 02:10 AM

I have pretty much neglected new music for the first time in a while this year. Enjoying the latest Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear and Chromatics albums.

Bought The Money Store this weekend after reading this thread and not sure that to think of it yet. Listened a few times and a few tracks are starting to somewhat click (Hacker).

Was this a shitty year for alt/indie music? Most of the end of the year lists I have read make it seem like a strong year for hip hop. Not really a genera I usually like but seems like I might need to check out a few albums.

Rugby Thompson 01-01-2013 02:31 AM

kendricks album was highly over rated

NewChief 01-01-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9262917)
I have pretty much neglected new music for the first time in a while this year. Enjoying the latest Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear and Chromatics albums.

Bought The Money Store this weekend after reading this thread and not sure that to think of it yet. Listened a few times and a few tracks are starting to somewhat click (Hacker).

Was this a shitty year for alt/indie music? Most of the end of the year lists I have read make it seem like a strong year for hip hop. Not really a genera I usually like but seems like I might need to check out a few albums.

It wasn't a shitty year, it's just that the alt/indie crowd has embraced hip hop now, so it's permeating those lists (Pitchfork/Stereogum) as well as the more traditional fare that that crowd embraces.

Some more bands/artists who released "Indie" albums that I really liked this year:
Alt-J
Father John Misty
Beach House
Grimes
Tame Impala
GOAT
Diiv
Spiritualized
Dirty Projectors

Reaper16 01-02-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eloyambres (Post 9266991)
I own one metal detector from detectorall.com and when I went to the beach I always took it there and it can give me some surprises. and I also can take it to the park to or find the metal goods, such as coins and so on. It has also helped find the ring that I lost in the garden,this is really great.

I'm glad my list could do that for you.

Jenson71 01-02-2013 07:36 AM

I'm listening to Norah Jones "...Little Broken Hearts" and I really love those first few tracks. Spotify is pretty amazing, btw.

Pitt Gorilla 01-03-2013 12:26 AM

New Phosphorescent album in 2013!