ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

Nightfyre 12-01-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9168268)
Pure speculative bullshit.

Stop trying to project your displeasure with this team's front office onto this situation.

From an article on the subject of suicide:
On the subject of military suicide, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen states that “The most important ingredient is leadership: aggressive, focused, listening leadership. Because…in the toughest situations, when nothing else seems to work, leadership breaks through.”

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168004)
This doesn't change anything with respect to the changes that need to be made.

Agree 100%

FloridaMan88 12-01-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9168224)
People trying to blame Pioli for this is like blaming AJ Smith for Seau's suicide. Just stop it.

What a dumb statement... the two situations are completely different.

Seau wasn't directly involved on a day to day basis with the Chargers organization under AJ Smith, whereas Belcher WAS a currently player in the Pioli-led Chiefs organization.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9168168)
The amount of stupidity I've read on this board today is stunning, even knowing full well what this place is.

I could of been a normal poster but have not so since I have been thru this.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168288)
this is a joke right

/windowlickers is basically the same as the previous statement being in quotes followed by -windowlickers

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9168192)
Agreed. Look, regardless of how good or bad it is this is something you sign up for. Being in crappy work enviornments in the NFL are expected from certain organizations. It doesn't seem like this is due to his work life, but even if it is, it's still not his bosses fault.

What? It didn't help if anything that may of been what drove him off the deep end. Just IMO. We will never know.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9168318)
/windowlickers is basically the same as the previous statement being in quotes followed by -windowlickers

got it thanks..

JohnnyHammersticks 12-01-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168288)
this is a joke right

Your acting like you didn't know it was a joke is a joke, right?

jspchief 12-01-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168298)
From an article on the subject of suicide:
On the subject of military suicide, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen states that “The most important ingredient is leadership: aggressive, focused, listening leadership. Because…in the toughest situations, when nothing else seems to work, leadership breaks through.”

And what degree does Admiral Mullen have that makes him an expert on the subject? Sounds like typical military leadership hoo-rah rhetoric.

Look, it's easy for us to all sit here and point fingers at the GM we hate. But's it's also ridiculously speculative to make claims about what control the GM or coaches had over this situation. For ****'s sake, the guy's mother and girlfriend obviously didn't even catch on.

This is such an absurd talking point. As if Scott ****ing Pioli was best positioned to notice or intervene in the emotional health of Jovan Belcher.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:34 PM

nope.. i had no idea what / windowlicker means...

jspchief 12-01-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9168337)
nope.. i had no idea what / windowlicker means...

It was a post in parody of the stupid things I've seen posted by stupid people on this subject.

Nightfyre 12-01-2012 03:36 PM

I guess your standards for leadership are weak. The fact is: no organization is more familiar with suicide than the Army is, and the army is attacking it starting it with leadership with positive results.

bevischief 12-01-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168247)
It is terrible that Pioli and Romeo had to witness the event. However, given the magnitude of the event, he probably exhibited symptoms prior to this event. People very rarely just go do this type of thing without notice. As his leaders they had it within their power to intervene to prevent such an action, and failed to do so. This post will probably bring me a lot more grief than it's worth, but even the army is putting the emphasis on leader and peer awareness and intervention. I don't see how it should be any different in a football organization.

This they all missed the signs. For most there all always signs.

okoye35chiefs 12-01-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9168347)
It was a post in parody of the stupid things I've seen posted by stupid people on this subject.

thanks appreicate the explaination for the new guy!

jspchief 12-01-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168349)
I guess your standards for leadership are weak. The fact is: no organization is more familiar with suicide than the Army is, and the army is attacking it starting it with leadership with positive results.

good grief