ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger | Ex-GM Peterson ‘saddened’ by Chiefs’ situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266932)

Rausch 11-22-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141933)
Generally it's not a good idea for owners to hire head coaches.

Works out OK for the Steelers...

BossChief 11-22-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9141793)
So is the homeless guy on the corner.

Your father trusted his most prized possession to you. In a family where money grows on trees and you are born comfortable this is the only thing you have to be concerned with.

It was his legacy.

His pride and joy he wanted to live on long beyond him.

He trained you for YEARS to run this.

AND YOU HAVE FAILED HORRIBLY.

HORRIBLY...

I don't think that's fair at all.

They are a top 8 team in cash spending and Clark fired Carl when he needed to and went out and hired the best guy he could that offseason and let the guy do his job without interference.

What more do you suggest he shouldhave done?

KCinNY 11-22-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9140266)
making the fans hate the franchise is actually really hard to do...and he has done it...Clark seems not to realize this yet, imo, which is strange

Remarkable isn't it?

At one time, it would've been very difficult for management to create mere fan apathy given the enduring loyalty Chiefs fans have shown for years.

Unbelievably...in less than four years Hunt and Pioli have cultivated more than apathy but widespread fan hostility. They have done so by all available means: horrid drafts and FA decisions, garbage coaching staffs, callous alienation of former Chiefs players...and of course, Pioli's well-documented culture of arrogance, fear and mistrust enforced by his Secret Service wannabe goons.

I think Clark realizes it...but I'm convinced that he simply doesn't care.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 03:04 PM

Dude, there was an article in the Star that said Clark was concerned about growing fan resentment.

He absolutely cares and will fire Pioli over it.

Clark didn't cultivate this...Pioli did...and Clark is gonna fix the problem.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141982)
Dude, there was an article in the Star that said Clark was concerned about growing fan resentment.

I feel pretty good about it. Hunts body language doesn't feel warm. And piolis seems incredibly skittish.

DaWolf 11-22-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9141982)

Yeah. The only way I start ripping Clark at this time is if he decides to retain Pioli. He swung for the homerun and missed. Hopefully this doesn't make him timid on the next hire. It's like drafting a first round QB: if you draft a bust, don't wait 30 years before trying again...

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 03:31 PM

I'd guess there is no way CBS would have been allowed to talk about the blackout on Sunday without permission from the Chiefs.

We know it didn't come from Pioli.

GloryDayz 11-22-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9141768)
Well we'll see. Time will tell if that is the case. Remember, what we are seeing today was in a sense what Lamar had in place throughout the 70's and 80's.

Clark has had one hire, it looked good on paper but ended up failing miserably. All of these problems can go away if he gets the second hire right. If the second hire ends up failing as well, then all of a sudden we have a pattern developing and at that point I will be worried about Clark.

But if he does get rid of Pioli at the end of the year and does hire what looks like a smart football man and leader who can move this franchise forward, I think at that point credit needs to be given to Clark that he actually cares about wins and losses, which Lamar did not necessarily seem to care about as much as being loyal to his employees...

Spending under the cap, regarless of your hire being a dipshit dumbass, says a lot in and of itself. I get your point, but he's a daddy's boy, and never had to think, just put daddy's credit card on the counter to get what he wanted. Let's hope he finally remembers that he got what he wanted when he spent the money he had made available to him for no effort spent getting said money.

I still think he's too stupid to know that money invested int he team and the players (not luxury suites) will make more money down the road..

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 03:37 PM

You realize he was spending under the cap in part because of Pioli.

Patriot Way doesn't like to spend.

BossChief 11-22-2012 03:42 PM

Pioli said he didnt want to pay Carr more than Flowers because he was afraid it would hurt Flowers feelings...so he went out and signed a corner for nearly as much money that was cut before the midway point of his first year here because he was so incredibly terrible.

On top of that, the Chiefs are one of the top teams in cash spending...and are 1-9 and are probably the worst team in the NFL.

How does any of that fall on the shoulders of Clark Hunt and NOT Scott Pioli?

Clark is writing the checks and Pioli is giving them to the wrong people.

CoMoChief 11-22-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142063)
Pioli said he didnt want to pay Carr more than Flowers because he was afraid it would hurt Flowers feelings...so he went out and signed a corner for nearly as much money that was cut before the midway point of his first year here because he was so incredibly terrible.

On top of that, the Chiefs are one of the top teams in cash spending...and are 1-9 and are probably the worst team in the NFL.

How does any of that fall on the shoulders of Clark Hunt and NOT Scott Pioli?

Clark is writing the checks and Pioli is giving them to the wrong people.

Bingo

cdcox 11-22-2012 03:55 PM

I was so happy when Carl was gone it was a huge act of will power not to go out in the street in front of my building at work and dance.

Still feel the same way.

shaneo69 11-22-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9140206)
Yeah, well this is wrong.

Peterson built Arrowhead, drafted a few HOFers, and turned the Chiefs into one of the best franchises of the 90s; he was really ****ing good at his job, but he needed to leave after '98.

I didn't have a problem with him until he picked Grbac over Gannon and started churning out the Rufus columns. He was great until the NFL came up with newfangled rules like free agency and salary cap.

CoMoChief 11-22-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69 (Post 9142082)
I didn't have a problem with him until he picked Grbac over Gannon and started churning out the Rufus columns. He was great until the NFL came up with newfangled rules like free agency and salary cap.

Those Rufus columns were some hilarious propaganda spin.

I know the rumor was the Carl was behind that...but was he really? Was there really ever someone named Rufus Dawes that wrote for the Chiefs?

gblowfish 11-22-2012 05:00 PM

Rufus Dawes is a Pen Name. It's taken from the name of a Union Officer from the Civil War, the first guy in command of Union Troops at Gettysburg. Both Carl and the Chiefs main PR guy at the time Bob Moore were both big civil war buffs. So they picked that name for their "pen name."

Wiki on "Rufus Dawes": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rufus_Dawes