ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Falling skies TNT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246306)

keg in kc 08-07-2011 04:43 PM

Oh, and I think the creepy uncollared kid is going to either screw them bigtime tonight, or be used against the aliens.

Speaking of him, I guess his dad dying was one of the rare moments of cost so far, although honestly I keep expecting him to pop out of the woods alive and okay.

keg in kc 08-07-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7807737)
I agree. I think that the aliens are going to bring a lot more fight if there is a next season.

There is a next season, it was renewed a while back.

milkman 08-07-2011 04:45 PM

My hats off to you guys that stuck with it (I think), but I gave up after the second show.

It was just..........bad.

notorious 08-07-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7807744)
My hats off to you guys that stuck with it (I think), but I gave up after the second show.

I don't blame you. It had some SciFi Channel shitty movie type moments.

keg in kc 08-07-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7807744)

Yeah, it took it about 6 weeks to really get decent, in my humble opinion. Once they recovered Noah Wyle's kid Ben, and started along another storyline, it picked up a lot. They've introduced some interesting ideas and conflicts toward the end of the season. I did not like the show very much early on, but I'm glad now that I stuck with it.

kcxiv 08-07-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7807746)
Yeah, it took it about 6 weeks to really get decent, in my humble opinion. Once they recovered Noah Wyle's kid Ben, and started along another storyline, it picked up a lot. They've introduced some interesting ideas and conflicts toward the end of the season. I did not like the show very much early on, but I'm glad now that I stuck with it.

Its also getting massive rating still. So its going to be around. Last episode was good shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-07-2011 09:00 PM

Wow what a way to end the season.

keg in kc 08-07-2011 10:13 PM

You know, that was a cool idea in theory, but in practice that was about the limp-dickest cliffhanger ever. Anti-climax.

notorious 08-07-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7808242)
You know, that was a cool idea in theory, but in practice that was about the limp-dickest cliffhanger ever. Anti-climax.

This.

By far the best episode, though.

Kraus 08-08-2011 12:54 AM

That was lame. I'm still waiting for something to happen. Summer 2012 before a new season comes out, really?

blaise 08-08-2011 09:59 AM

It's gotten better, I guess. I can't stop watching it for some reason.
It's ok, but there's always things that just make me go, "Come on." Like when they're evacuating the school and they're just sort of walking out- not really hurrying, just sort of meandering out. Why wouldn't their gear be ready all the time? Wouldn't you think they'd be ready to flee at a moment's notice?
And when Noah Wyle is driving the car up to the spaceship he has his headlights on. Would you do that? Wouldn't you put the headlights out of you're driving around at night in enemy territory? I know it's nitpicking but I can't help it.

notorious 08-08-2011 10:00 AM

Let me guess, the alien ship that landed in front of them at the end is part of an underground "Alien Resistance".

Bowser 08-08-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7808751)
Let me guess, the alien ship that landed in front of them at the end is part of an underground "Alien Resistance".

No, Chewie is going to pop th ehatch and howl, just in time to help a wounded Leia.

Hahahaha, nah, I'm ****ing with ya. They're all going to die.

notorious 08-08-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7808993)
. They're all going to die.

That's what I call a ****ing show!

Episode 2.1

Alien ship enters orbit, drops planet-destroying bomb, flys away.

Series Over.

keg in kc 08-08-2011 03:45 PM

We came here to destroy you, take your children and collect scrap metal. After nuking your cities all over the world, crushing your "resistance" at all turns, including stopping your latest "offensive" cold, but today you turned 6 mechs back with an antique radio and blew up one aircraft, so we'd like to invite you aboard one of our craft to discuss it?

Yeah. I'm kind of an easy sell with science fiction, but you need to at least try to suspend my disbelief.