ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Pants 08-05-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7804046)
which just taught you how to play before you got online ... everybody wins.

seriously if that was really the reason then they could just put a label on the disc saying "characters are NOT portable between offline and online modes"

nah .... it's bullshit

maybe pirating isn't the only reason but the offline/online character excuse is just lame.

What's the big deal of having to be connected to the internet to play the game? You can still play single player (just like SC2), you just have to have internet. Were you planning to drop your service and go offline?

Mr. Laz 08-05-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804053)
What's the big deal of having to be connected to the internet to play the game? You can still play single player (just like SC2), you just have to have internet. Were you planning to drop your service and go offline?

ah, the old "i don't have an answer so i will just dismiss the question" position. Seem to be the position most companies take nowadays.

Don't give the customer what they want, tell the customer what they want is stupid.

Having to be online gives Blizzard more control and for whatever reason they want that control. So the customer can just shut up and like it.

Pants 08-05-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7804082)
ah, the old "i don't have an answer so i will just dismiss the question" position. Seem to be the position most companies take nowadays.

Don't give the customer what they want, tell the customer what they want is stupid.

Having to be online gives Blizzard more control and for whatever reason they want that control. So the customer can just shut up and like it.

Laz, they're not making you buy the game. LOL

Mr. Laz 08-05-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804095)
Laz, they're not making you buy the game. LOL

like i said before "So the customer can just shut up and like it."

Pants 08-05-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7804107)
like i said before "So the customer can just shut up and like it."

Well, you will like it. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't buy the game, silly.

The Franchise 08-05-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804053)

The big deal? What happens if I go somewhere where I don't have access to the internet but I want to play my game? Now I can't. That's ****ing bullshit.

Pants 08-05-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7804117)
The big deal? What happens if I go somewhere where I don't have access to the internet but I want to play my game? Now I can't. That's ****ing bullshit.

Fair enough, I was wrong. I agree, it's ****ing bullshit. Don't buy the game if you're planning on taking it somewhere with no internet access. Buy Torchlight 2 instead or something, I guess.

Mr. Laz 08-27-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7792745)
So. Blizzard's incorporating a real-money auction house.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1185251p1.html

That has hacking abuse written all over it.

I guess Blizzard charges a fee for each real money transaction too.

Imon Yourside 08-27-2011 01:49 PM

This was an instant buy for me until all the BS details came out, I'm pretty sure i won't buy it at least until i see how it will operate and how it compares to D1 and D2.

Sofa King 08-28-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7855979)
This was an instant buy for me until all the BS details came out, I'm pretty sure i won't buy it at least until i see how it will operate and how it compares to D1 and D2.

It still should be. I think people are tired of waiting for it so they're tearing apart every little thing.

It's gonna be an awesome game.

Bowser 08-28-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857357)
It still should be. I think people are tired of waiting for it so they're tearing apart every little thing.

It's gonna be an awesome game.

coughcoughdukenukemforevercough

Sofa King 08-28-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7857491)
coughcoughdukenukemforevercough

THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN CAUSE BLIZZARD IS THE BESTEST!

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857510)
THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN CAUSE BLIZZARD IS THE BESTEST!

I use to be a blizzard fanboy, then WOW happened. I haven't really liked any of their games Since WOW came out. Yes they do a great job with Polished bug free games, but fun factor is number one in my book and they've lost their burst.

Pants 08-28-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7857616)
I use to be a blizzard fanboy, then WOW happened. I haven't really liked any of their games Since WOW came out. Yes they do a great job with Polished bug free games, but fun factor is number one in my book and they've lost their burst.

Did they come out with anything except SC2 since WoW? SC2 was Blizzard quality through and through so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7857619)
Did they come out with anything except SC2 since WoW? SC2 was Blizzard quality through and through so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Ya i hated Starcraft 1, as far as real strategy goes Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander ruined All other Real Time Strategy series' for me. I loved warcraft 1 and 2, but hated Warcraft III.