ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My wife and I need your help. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178975)

SAUTO 01-03-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9275289)
And damn near 15 months later...

She's just accepted an offer. Signed the contract about an hour ago.

Found a position with a great architecture/engineering firm located here in STL, with an office at Lake of the Ozarks and thinking of opening offices in KC and Dallas.

Paying more than what she was making with her previous company, 100% paid benefits, company credit card - you name it.

It's been a rough go, but things are looking good. Best of luck to those of you still looking - your day is coming.

GREAT NEWS buddy. congrats

DeezNutz 01-03-2013 03:37 PM

Wonderful news. Congrats!

Hootie 01-03-2013 03:37 PM

Congrats. Getting that job you were looking for is always a great, great feeling.

KC Dan 01-03-2013 03:38 PM

Fantabulous!!! Great to hear good news from you:clap:

htismaqe 01-03-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Found a position with a great architecture/engineering firm located here in STL, with an office at Lake of the Ozarks and thinking of opening offices in KC and Dallas.

Paying more than what she was making with her previous company, 100% paid benefits, company credit card - you name it.

It's been a rough go, but things are looking good. Best of luck to those of you still looking - your day is coming.

Awesome.

OnTheWarpath15 01-03-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9275318)
Congrats. Getting that job you were looking for is always a great, great feeling.

Speaking of, I saw a post of yours saying you're no longer in Dallas. You move back "home" to Northern Illinois?

Hootie 01-03-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9275326)
Speaking of, I saw a post of yours saying you're no longer in Dallas. You move back "home" to Northern Illinois?

Close. Central Illinois which is home. Found a really, really nice career in hotel management with a lot of advancement opportunites. No longer "the pizza boy", but you guys can still refer to me as one if you'd like =)

and take it from me...the interviewing process and job search for actual careers (and not restaurant jobs) is stressful and takes A LOT out of you...it was a very, very stressful month where I was really doubting my decision to leave my good job in Dallas.

At the end of the day, I missed my friends and I wanted the chance to watch my nephews grow up and Dallas was just too far away and I worked too many hours to have a chance to keep in touch with my family the way I wanted to.

Prison Bitch 01-03-2013 03:44 PM

I lost my job in October, found another about 2 months later. the wait does suck, as do the endless interviews. When I lost mine after the crash in 2008, I looked for about 16 months and believe me I was trying. Back then I couldn't even get interviews it was so miserable, but now I had several so things are much better. Best of luck to everyone looking.

One thing I noticed that since the labor market crashed, firms don't even bother getting back to you even after interviews. I find that just so totally rude - that you spend hours researching the company and then interviewing on their schedule - and they don't even call back. A few sent form rejection letters after but I didn't get feedback on a dozen interviews and that is just rude.

One thing I learned the past several years: when you interview, you get the job ASAP. If you don't hear back immediately you are toast and need to move on.

ChiefsCountry 01-03-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Did she get on with TRi? I know Tom and Nicole Roof are very active here at the Lake with local charities.

ChiTown 01-03-2013 03:50 PM

Last time I was unemployed (10+ years ago), I decided to start my own business. Scary as shit, but the best thing I have ever done in my professional life. It's not for everyone, nor is it always the best path, but it worked well for me. I know the feeling of being out of work, with little kids and a mortgage - it sucks. My best to all of you going through his right now.

May your next adventure in life, be your best one yet. Cheers!

Mr. Flopnuts 01-03-2013 03:51 PM

:clap: Very glad to hear it, my friend.

Hootie 01-03-2013 03:52 PM

I hope somewhere down the road...maybe when I'm 35 or 40, I'll have enough capital and a good slate of investors to start me own sports bar and grill.

So many years in the industry knowing all of the flaws many restaurants have...I just think with the right menu I could be quite successful in that field. I do miss being in that industry from time to time it was just always so frustrating knowing how much better things could be if they were ran the right way.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-03-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9275349)
Close. Central Illinois which is home. Found a really, really nice career in hotel management with a lot of advancement opportunites. No longer "the pizza boy", but you guys can still refer to me as one if you'd like =)

and take it from me...the interviewing process and job search for actual careers (and not restaurant jobs) is stressful and takes A LOT out of you...it was a very, very stressful month where I was really doubting my decision to leave my good job in Dallas.

At the end of the day, I missed my friends and I wanted the chance to watch my nephews grow up and Dallas was just too far away and I worked too many hours to have a chance to keep in touch with my family the way I wanted to.

Interestingly enough, I find myself in a similar situation. I'm definitely not going anywhere for 2013, but my Dad is retiring, and I know my time on Earth is limited with him, and Mom. He'll be 70 in September and isn't looking like he'll make 80 or anything. Long, ****ed up story, but they are actually my Aunt and Uncle. Raised me since I was 7, and I am who I am today because of them. Don't want to be 2100 miles away, and trying to "negotiate" middle ground somewhere.

siberian khatru 01-03-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Wow.

Way to go!

Prison Bitch 01-03-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9275391)
I hope somewhere down the road...maybe when I'm 35 or 40, I'll have enough capital and a good slate of investors to start me own sports bar and grill.

So many years in the industry knowing all of the flaws many restaurants have...I just think with the right menu I could be quite successful in that field. I do miss being in that industry from time to time it was just always so frustrating knowing how much better things could be if they were ran the right way.

Don't do it. Knew guys who did and they were miserable, said all their work was weekends and that's when their friends and family were free. result, no family or friend time. buying a bar is like buying a boat - there are only 2 good days. from what i hear, of course I haven't met the successful rich bar owners who might have a different tale