ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****Official "I hate Luke Joeckel as a prospect" thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271277)

confused 03-18-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9512372)
**** Luke Jackoff see my sig

And that's the damn problem. Your sig has about as much to do with Luke Joeckel as it does Rachael Ray. For the last time, just because you stroke yourself to Jason Campbe...I mean Geno Smith at night does not mean you have to have a phobia of Luke Joeckel.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconFan2 (Post 9512501)
And that's the damn problem. Your sig has about as much to do with Luke Joeckel as it does Rachael Ray. For the last time, just because you stroke yourself to Jason Campbe...I mean Geno Smith at night does not mean you have to have a phobia of Luke Joeckel.

Luke Joeckel would be the most pathetic excuse for a #1 overall pick since Courtney Brown. Most of that is because of the position he plays, but the other part is because frankly he just isn't that awesome.

A good and only possibly great OT is the #1 overall pick when the Chiefs finally get a crack at it. Do you ****ing see why we hate the idea of him?

confused 03-18-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9512732)
Luke Joeckel would be the most pathetic excuse for a #1 overall pick since Courtney Brown. Most of that is because of the position he plays, but the other part is because frankly he just isn't that awesome.

A good and only possibly great OT is the #1 overall pick when the Chiefs finally get a crack at it. Do you ****ing see why we hate the idea of him?

And with all due respect, what makes you think he isn't a superior player? Specifically, not just "he can't pass block!!1" or "he looks like a peter puffer".

RealSNR 03-18-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconFan2 (Post 9512760)
And with all due respect, what makes you think he isn't a superior player? Specifically, not just "he can't pass block!!1" or "he looks like a peter puffer".

Because he struggles against speed around the corner and guys that get a strong push to his inside. He's not particularly strong in his upper or lower body, either. A LOT of his problems that he could potentially have at the pro level were masked by no only his QB but the other offensive linemen on his team. Like people have been saying, he wasn't even the best OT on his own team last year.

Oh, and of course there's the notion that he's not even the best OT this draft according to nearly half the draft pundits out there.

Jake Long's flaws stemmed entirely from the lack of growth as a player that would likely transpire as a pro, but he was a FAR more complete player who came from a better situation that adequately showcased his abilities.

Eric Fisher is likely already at the same ability as Joeckel and his potential for growth could make him TWICE the tackle that Joeckel will become. It's through the roof. That's why so many people overwhelmingly prefer him and Lane Johnson to Joeckel.

AussieChiefsFan 03-18-2013 11:40 PM

IN!

confused 03-18-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9512809)
Because he struggles against speed around the corner and guys that get a strong push to his inside. He's not particularly strong in his upper or lower body, either. A LOT of his problems that he could potentially have at the pro level were masked by no only his QB but the other offensive linemen on his team. Like people have been saying, he wasn't even the best OT on his own team last year.

Oh, and of course there's the notion that he's not even the best OT this draft according to nearly half the draft pundits out there.

Jake Long's flaws stemmed entirely from the lack of growth as a player that would likely transpire as a pro, but he was a FAR more complete player who came from a better situation that adequately showcased his abilities.

Eric Fisher is likely already at the same ability as Joeckel and his potential for growth could make him TWICE the tackle that Joeckel will become. It's through the roof. That's why so many people overwhelmingly prefer him and Lane Johnson to Joeckel.

So would you lose sleep if KC takes Fisher? Even more broad, what players not named Geno Smith would you be comfortable with taking at 1?

RealSNR 03-19-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconFan2 (Post 9512824)
So would you lose sleep if KC takes Fisher? Even more broad, what players not named Geno Smith would you be comfortable with taking at 1?

I don't ****ing care, really. I'm not going to be watching or caring about the Chiefs this season. I'm ****ing sick of trading for backup QBs. That shit never ****ing works, and thus far the franchise apparently hasn't learned to ****ing stop doing shit that never works. Pretty depressing because I thought after the 4th 4-12 finish or worse in 6 years and some of the worst QB play I've ever seen from a franchise, they'd be ready to move past that shit and change. But nope. Apparently ****ing not.

They need to try like hell to trade down. If they can't, then I guess Fisher is going to have to do. He's better than Joeckel at 1, that's for sure.

RippedmyFlesh 03-19-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconFan2 (Post 9512824)

Albert is not moving so a RT at 1 is stupid.
We have 2 pass rushing studs at OLB so picking there would be a waste.
Albert is more of a sure thing at LT than AS is at quarterback.
Which is why Geno is the only pick that makes sense.
And turn your rep on you pussy.

Bosie 03-19-2013 07:18 AM

if we draft this guy I will kill myself

Sorter 03-19-2013 07:25 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mafi828fmH1qccgds.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosie (Post 9513055)

durtyrute 03-19-2013 07:27 AM

If they really want to draft a LT so bad why can't they do it later in the draft. All of this "the best prospect in years" bullshit is just that, bullshit. I'm sure the difference between a tackle in the first and one in the third isn't that ****ing big. Now, you wanna trade him, **** it, do it (even though that would be dumb).....unless he's hurt. But for the love of anything of importance, DO NOT TAKE A ****ING TACKLE NUMBER ONE!! (yes I was yelling)

Rasputin 03-19-2013 07:35 AM

Do not want.

Dave Lane 03-19-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosie (Post 9513055)

May as well shoot me first. What a horrible, horrible outcome to having the #1 overall pick.

mr. tegu 03-19-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9513062)
If they really want to draft a LT so bad why can't they do it later in the draft. All of this "the best prospect in years" bullshit is just that, bullshit. I'm sure the difference between a tackle in the first and one in the third isn't that ****ing big. Now, you wanna trade him, **** it, do it (even though that would be dumb).....unless he's hurt. But for the love of anything of importance, DO NOT TAKE A ****ING TACKLE NUMBER ONE!! (yes I was yelling)

Truth. We hear a lot of lets take a LT at 1.1 and take a swing on a QB in the later rounds. Well, why can't we do the vice versa? Because a QB that high is too "risky."

Pasta Little Brioni 03-19-2013 08:02 AM

Come piss away, come piss away, come piss away the number one pick lads...