ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBCs Hannibal trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270589)

Baby Lee 03-08-2014 11:16 PM

For those interested about the title of the latest episode

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVClub
Sakizuki is the first part of the kaiseki meal and is akin to a French amuse bouche. Fun fact from KyotoFoodie.com: “The chopsticks are special too, both ends are tapered, the tapered end is used for eating. Symbolically the meal is shared with god.”

007 03-10-2014 05:14 AM

ummmm OWWWWWW

Anyong Bluth 03-10-2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10476512)
ummmm OWWWWWW

I'm assuming you're referring to the guy freeing himself from the stitching?

I'm still pleasantly surprised by how amazing of the performance Mads does week in and week out as Lector. Hard to compare with Hopkins, but I think I'm starting to enjoy Mads portrayal most of all out of the actors who have played Hannibal.

By the way, how does Gillian Anderson just get hotter as she's gotten older? I never found her "attractive" in her X-files days- not that she was ugly though. Love her character on the show, and I hope her role on the show is expanded this season, but I don't know if that happens now that she's abandoned her place to go into hiding from Hannibal.

I have no idea how after the opening scene from episode 1 of this season that Jack Crawford will remain alive and Hannibal not be busted? Makes me think Hannibal will either be on the run and Will be leading the "manhunt" to capture Hannibal, or they're going to deviate quite a bit from the Hannibal lore and actually kill off Crawford?

Either way, still loving the show, but hate that they changed it to Fridays. It was a great way to cap off Thursday nights, IMO.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-09-2014 12:21 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Agents of Shield renewed, Hannibal renewed, Revolution cancelled. Someone is USTV land loves me <a href="http://t.co/NrYl3NgUQC">pic.twitter.com/NrYl3NgUQC</a></p>&mdash; Zoe Butcher (@thezoverlord) <a href="https://twitter.com/thezoverlord/statuses/464830394341543936">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cheater5 05-09-2014 12:23 PM

Cool. This is an enjoyable program.

BWillie 05-09-2014 02:16 PM

Show has kinda gone downhill lately. Not sure how I feel about Will's transformation. It appears Will is trying to entrap Hannibal, but I'm sure Hannibal will end up still with the upper hand. Not quite sure how this dark Will who enjoyed killing someone, even if it was "self-defense", will become the Will from the Red Dragon books.

Spoiler!

Anyong Bluth 05-10-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10615469)
Show has kinda gone downhill lately. Not sure how I feel about Will's transformation. It appears Will is trying to entrap Hannibal, but I'm sure Hannibal will end up still with the upper hand. Not quite sure how this dark Will who enjoyed killing someone, even if it was "self-defense", will become the Will from the Red Dragon books.

Spoiler!

You haven't seen last night's episode.
I think the 2nd half of season 2 has been fantastic. Huff coming in to play the violent nutso brother to Will's latest hookup has been a great addition by a top notch actor.

Spoiler!

Anyong Bluth 05-10-2014 08:08 AM

Oh and fyi, the show's creator, who also created Pushing Daisies, already has the entire series mapped out in fitting into the lead up right around where Red Dragon picks up. Thought it out going into the 1st season, and said it would be a 5 season, 6 at most storyline.

I'll be pissed if they don't get renewed for the entire 5 or 6 season run. Thankfully, Sony, who actually owns and produces the show, is very high on it, and feels even without NBC, they'd have a new home very quickly if the peacock didn't renew it. It also does get good ratings outside of the US, and it's Friday night timeslot is a ratings deadzone for any show so it's hardly just Hannibal to blame.

Deberg_1990 05-10-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10618790)
Oh and fyi, the show's creator, who also created Pushing Daisies, already has the entire series mapped out in fitting into the lead up right around where Red Dragon picks up. Thought it out going into the 1st season, and said it would be a 5 season, 6 at most storyline.

I'll be pissed if they don't get renewed for the entire 5 or 6 season run. Thankfully, Sony, who actually owns and produces the show, is very high on it, and feels even without NBC, they'd have a new home very quickly if the peacock didn't renew it. It also does get good ratings outside of the US, and it's Friday night timeslot is a ratings deadzone for any show so it's hardly just Hannibal to blame.

I cant see it going that long. I'll bet next season is it's last. It's just an incredible show. Amazing that it plays on NBC really. Although, I guess it's cheap because it's produced by a foreign company. Honestly, it's never going to get high ratings. It's just not the type of subject matter that attracts mainstream audiences. Just too gruesome and done in a grand guignol style. In a good way of course!

keg in kc 05-10-2014 09:51 AM

It'll go to somewhere like netflix if it doesn't make it on NBC after next year. It's enough of a cult favorite at this point.

Cheater5 05-10-2014 10:19 AM

My only criticism are the all too common gruesome murder scenes; people woven into trees or saber toothed tigers, or dozens of bodies used to make 'art' in a grain silo...the forensic investigators simply snap on rubber gloves, sigh and make snappy comments before digging in. Ho-hum...

Still, the characters on this show are extremely entertaining and Mikkelsen crushes it week in/out.

keg in kc 05-10-2014 10:25 AM

The grain silo was the last episode I watched (have the rest on DVR...) but damn watching that guy pull himself off made me cringe.

Anyong Bluth 05-10-2014 10:29 AM

Yep, enough new media outlets starving for new original content, and Sony is behind the show no matter the ratings because it's got lots of critical acclaim.

They stuck with Breaking Bad when it had ratings low enough to easily justify canceling it.

KcMizzou 05-10-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10618985)
The grain silo was the last episode I watched (have the rest on DVR...) but damn watching that guy pull himself off made me cringe.

That was brutal. Hard to believe it was ok for network TV. (But no boobs. Boobs are bad.)

Anyong Bluth 05-10-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10620651)
That was brutal. Hard to believe it was ok for network TV. (But no boobs. Boobs are bad.)

It doesn't bother me for some reason even though I know the times I've been around surgery live I quickly realized I wouldn't be taking up as a doctor like most of my immediate and extended family has, but there are definitely numerous times I'm a bit surprised it is actually on network television.