ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SOC - Launching the "Can Pioli" Food Drive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267107)

Phobia 11-27-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9157009)
I think we need to twitter this, Facebook this and more. I'm sure Harvesters will arrange a pickup truck bed to fill up (maybe 2-3). Its the easy way to handle it or maybe a couple member with pickups can just fill up their beds with cans and drop them the next day.

This is a fantastic opportunity for a lot of free positive press and just sitting on the idea is silly from multiple viewpoints including feeding the hungry.

I have disqualified Harvesters even though they're awesome and I've participated in their food drives in the past. They have a partnership with the Chiefs and SOC will not be a party to putting any of that at risk. If our selected charities are unable to handle the demand, we will take remainder to Harvesters anonymously so that relationship is not in jeopardy. I was on the phone with one large area charity today and they were excited until I mentioned the theme of the food drive (Can Pioli). The director lives in the Pioli's neighborhood and they have Chiefs employees on their board. This has proven far more difficult than I ever expected. I'm gonna need some help on it, guys. Especially if you have a truck or delivery van.

BourbonMan 11-27-2012 03:39 PM

How about renting a U-Haul for the day..I think it's about $30-$40 a day.

ToxSocks 11-27-2012 04:07 PM

This is the best idea any fan base has ever had. Ever. In the history of Ever.

Phobia 11-27-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9157169)

It's a thought. But still feeling out other options.

bowener 11-27-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9157247)

If it helps I believe there is a Uhaul place fairly close to the stadiums. It would cut down on the mileage that SOC would have to pay for. Hell, if somebody has some free time and a bit of an artistic side, have them go get 2 king sized white sheets from wal mart and stencil out the SOC address and "Can Pioli food drive," on them, and stick those ****ers up on the sides of the Uhaul.

BigRedChief 11-27-2012 04:42 PM

Where's the literature, brochure or gif to start sharing this out of Facebook/twitter etc.?

BigRedChief 11-27-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9157247)

Let me know your options and cost and I'll see about covering the cost.

NJChiefsFan 11-27-2012 05:37 PM

Awesome idea guys. Yet again I hate not being anywhere near KC to help out.

DaFace 11-27-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 9157169)

Even that's something you'll have to be careful about. Uhaul trailers are meant to hold a lot of VOLUME of stuff, but not necessarily a ton of WEIGHT. And cans are heavy.

If you went the Uhaul route, you'd want to be really careful to not overload the thing.

NJChiefsFan 11-27-2012 05:51 PM

Perhaps the needy people can come and eat the food at the parking lot? Little help from their end for once?

BigRedChief 11-27-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9157592)
Even that's something you'll have to be careful about. Uhaul trailers are meant to hold a lot of VOLUME of stuff, but not necessarily a ton of WEIGHT. And cans are heavy.

If you went the Uhaul route, you'd want to be really careful to not overload the thing.

you can get this size for $29.00 a day and .89 cents a mile. Right down the street from Phobia.

http://www.uhaul.com/reservations/im...s/17Medium.png

NJChiefsFan 11-27-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9157661)
you can get this size for $29.00 a day and .89 cents a mile. Right down the street from Phobia.

http://www.uhaul.com/reservations/im...s/17Medium.png

That couldn't hold one can.

Dartgod 11-27-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9157607)
Perhaps the needy people can come and eat the food at the parking lot? Little help from their end for once?

Is it wrong that I ROFL at this?

NJChiefsFan 11-27-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9157673)
Is it wrong that I ROFL at this?

Ha, yeah I kinda felt guilty even making the joke.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9156773)
we are doing it for the last 2 home games. when you have an idea like this, you push it and get an initial response. You use that initial event to tell people who didn't bring food that we'll do it again on 12/23 for the Colts game.

Sweet. Good call, gentlemen. Very good call.

I just can't speak highly enough about the job you guys have done throughout this thing, especially with opinionated know-it-alls such as myself piping up every so often.