ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Pre-Season Game #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262261)

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8808473)
Did Boss play tonight? I don't remember seeing him on the field.

Maneri looked like a much different player compared to last year. I guess its a lot easier to run around after losing 45 pounds. Hopefully he can keep O'Connell from seeing the field.

I wondered about that too.

mdchiefsfan 08-10-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8808410)
Yeah I don't get why McCluster is so loathed on CP. He's capable of making plays.

Winston is really gonna help beast up the right side of our line. Which is something that we haven't had since John Tait.

Hillis...what can you say? The guy is a beast. Having Charles, Hillis, and Gray...that's a lot of RB firepower. We should be a top 5 rushing team. I don't think I'm being too much of a homer in thinking that.

With Cassel's limitations I see top 3. Cassel needs a strong run game to sell the playaction. He killed his play action pass tonight btw.

RealSNR 08-10-2012 09:59 PM

My thoughts:

-Brian Daboll is a really good OC. Love what he's doing. The offense is efficient and organized. The playcalls are hot. We mix it up. We take shots. We don't do annoying ****ing draws out of the shotgun. I think we can say it, guys. We have ourselves a pretty damn good offensive coordinator.

-All our RBs make me cum

-Our 1st and 2nd team offensive line was really really good except for Stephenson. Nobody is giving any love to Mims. I don't think Trent Green and what'shisdick said shit about him all game. Mims had a fantastic game. Shut down his rusher on the right side on nearly every single snap.

-Maneri is a badass mother****er

-Cam Sheffield >>>>>>> Andy Studebaker. Sheffield should be our OLB3.

-Really surprised that our defensive line looked so good. Again, might just be because the Cards ****ing suck. Rapetitties was outstanding. Both NTs (Toribio and Powe) had some really great plays and did a great job taking up doubleteams and holding their ground. Both had sacks. I can't remember the last time I saw a Chiefs NT (preseason or regular season) have a sack.

-Poe is rough. Really rough. He'll be playing with the 2nd team all season methinks.

-Terrance Copper is great.

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 8808477)
Eh, yes, but the poster quality has degraded significantly.

Exactly.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 09:59 PM

Yeah, did Boss play?

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Maneri looked like a much different player compared to last year. I guess its a lot easier to run around after losing 45 pounds. Hopefully he can keep O'Connell from seeing the field.

Maneri showed some hands as well. We have threats all over at the TE position. Don't know if that is Pioli chasing BB or not but the Pats made a living off of TE's last year. We have the ability to do the same.

Coach 08-10-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

I agree, but I do have to give O'Connell his due, that one catch he made while he got popped at his knee was a good one.

RealSNR 08-10-2012 10:00 PM

Oh, and McCluster still sucks.

This guy plays very well in preseason games. He did last year. It's what he does.

When Bowe comes back and he's the WR4 we'll see how much he contributes. I'm thinking not very much.

petegz28 08-10-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8808493)
Oh, and McCluster still sucks.

This guy plays very well in preseason games. He did last year. It's what he does.

When Bowe comes back and he's the WR4 we'll see how much he contributes. I'm thinking not very much.

I think you'll see him in as the #3 more for matchup reasons than see us running a 4-wide set. I do see us running a lot of 3-wide sets this year though.

Ace Gunner 08-10-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808448)
What passes of Cassel's soared tonight? What passes was he inaccurate on? You don't get 64 yards on 5 catches throwing passes where people are having to make diving catches. I am talking about tonight and tonight only.

Pete, Cassel threw that flat route to McCluster right in front of me. Dex ran that route perfect, yet the ball was too high when he got there. I don't know how it looked on tv but it was a good adjustment to the ball by a speeding McCluster. And that was his best throw tonight.

I expect the WR's to make those adjustments, I do. But, this is Cassel's billionth year at QB and son, I think Cassel is making the same passes he always makes. The guy should be on the mark by now.

He looked good, yes. But, he is not going to win a bunch of tight games against better teams throwing like this. It's in his record, well documented by Wendler and his supporting cast here. Cassel is going to burn out this season pete, mark my word.

Coach 08-10-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808499)
I think you'll see him in as the #3 more for matchup reasons than see us running a 4-wide set. I do see us running a lot of 3-wide sets this year though.

Possible, but it's also possible that they may run several two TE sets as well.

RealSNR 08-10-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808499)

Steve Breaston, bree.

lcarus 08-10-2012 10:03 PM

People say not to get too high on preseason games. But **** them. Our starters kicked ass and I feel like getting high anyway. In more ways than one...

mdchiefsfan 08-10-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8808450)
After the 1st quarter I about ****ing $3it myself.

Night and day difference from last year.

Last year we couldn't get it together until about week 3 and this preseason we look like a team in week 3. Prepared, well managed, and disciplined.

I wouldn't even say week 3 becsuse we had our starters pulled way too early in an attempt to play them week 4. Last offseason was a nightmare, tonight was a wet dream.

Rausch 08-10-2012 10:03 PM

We had three different HB's score.

And it seemed like no matter who carried the ball they got 4-5 ypc. This offensive line is going to rape faces once they gel...